Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire's Power & Weakness Bug Fixes

by dhikaodonk Posted 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:14 AM - Updated 5th Sep 2019 at 6:19 PM by dhikaodonk : adding resources and more compatibility

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xiraiya
EDIT: I saw the post above. I wonder then what keeps withered stomach attached to sims, surely there is a way to wipe this weakness from the face of the earth once and for all. There's gotta be another trait or buff or something attached to a cured sim that never gets removed by Cures or Cheats, something MCCC & Show Sim Info can't actually see. We only see the symptom of the issue which is the Withered Stomach buff that shows up.

It seems to be a engine scripting error on EAs part. This bug isnt limited to just Vamp stuff. As ive noticed this bug affect almost all traits, Fame perks/quirks etc. It probably also affects some aspiration rewards, but we won't see these as much as you normally can't remove them unless you use cheats. When the trait/power is removed it doesn't seem like the game clears whatever flag or variable that makes it refresh the actual "buff" effect.

And all this fix does is just add a lil check when the actual buff runs (which shouldn't even be running in first place as you removed the trait) the fix adds a lil test at the start of the buff script to check if you have the actual trait or not. And if not it simply stops the rest of the effect to run.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 6:20 PM
dose this also fix dark meditation?
seen a post someplace saying it did but dont see it listed & after testing & even making new save going to another lot it dont seem to fix it...

so im thinking either i installed it wrong or they was wrong
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainoa
dose this also fix dark meditation?
seen a post someplace saying it did but dont see it listed & after testing & even making new save going to another lot it dont seem to fix it...

so im thinking either i installed it wrong or they was wrong

I didnt fix the dark meditation and this mod's title is descriptive enough, since another modder already made the fix for that you might want to download from him/her @simvasion
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 10:36 AM
Does this still work if installed after the vampire has taken the draught of reconfiguration?
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AprilPearl
Does this still work if installed after the vampire has taken the draught of reconfiguration?

yeeeees. Sorry fore the weird answer.. but can't post messages shorter than 7 characters :P
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dhikaodonk
I didnt fix the dark meditation and this mod's title is descriptive enough, since another modder already made the fix for that you might want to download from him/her @simvasion

thanks for the info!
do u know if anyone else has fixed it so vampires will auto cook/eat vampire food/drinks? currently only auto drink plasma u can order!
last time i seen plasma fruit salad, it made vampires sick and human sims sick... i wonder if ur mod fix that or know of a mod for that too?
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 9:48 PM
I have to say, I don't thin I have ever (played the Sims since sims 1) commented on any mod before now. Thank you! Seriously. This issue has been around since Vampires was released, and you are the FIRST modder (Let alone EA) to fix the issue. Using your mod gave me a sense of relief Like seeing a restroom stop after needing one for hours on a long car ride.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 11:30 PM
thanks for the info!
do u know if anyone else has fixed it so vampires will auto cook/eat vampire food/drinks? currently only auto drink plasma u can order!
last time i seen plasma fruit salad, it made vampires sick and human sims sick... i wonder if ur mod fix that or know of a mod for that too?

No sorry, i have yet to find the mods you mentioned, FYI vampire with withered stomach weakness cannot eat vampire salad weird I know, but devs said it's by design.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samdegraff
I have to say, I don't thin I have ever (played the Sims since sims 1) commented on any mod before now. Thank you! Seriously. This issue has been around since Vampires was released, and you are the FIRST modder (Let alone EA) to fix the issue. Using your mod gave me a sense of relief Like seeing a restroom stop after needing one for hours on a long car ride.

Thank you, yeah I know that feeling!
Forum Resident
#35 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 5:39 PM
thanks for the info!last time i seen plasma fruit salad, it made vampires sick and human sims sick... i wonder if ur mod fix that or know of a mod for that too?

LittleMsSam has a mod that allows Vampires to invoke custom powers to do certain things. One of them is being able to eat human food for seven in-game days. I personally don't use it, so I don't know if it helps with Plasma Fruit Salad (which I've never made yet), but it's the closest thing that I personally know of.

I'm not sure if it's okay to link to outside mods here, though, so just look up "littlemssam vampire powers" online.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 8:45 PM
No sorry, i have yet to find the mods you mentioned, FYI vampire with withered stomach weakness cannot eat vampire salad weird I know, but devs said it's by design.

that is strange it would be by design
but i have tried doing reset talent + eat it than but yet still got sick
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:02 AM
that is strange it would be by design
but i have tried doing reset talent + eat it than but yet still got sick

Did you install my mod? my mod supposed to fix the withered stomach bug you mentioned, vampire should be able to eat plasma fruit salad or other solid foods when you dont have the weakness anymore
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 12:56 AM
i did but i had to uninstall it when i started to get crashing while saving and even if i did a save before the crash save happen it will not have any new saves from when i last played, i have had over 12h of gametime lost than trying to also remove the sync from onedrive i lost all save files now im only using the simvision mod right this sec and all my save problems seem to be fixed!

that is 1 thing i really dont like about EA modders have to be the one to fix bugs cus they wont do it themselves >.<

i also think when i was using ur mod a new vampire the energy bar was draining REALLY fast till i put at lest 2 out of 3 levels into that 1 ability to lower amount of energy used, is that new for new born vampires, as they age into teen i think it was, maybe noticed when mother was turned also

sorry my memory is kinda faded on that no help at all lol but i was mainly wondering if their is somekinda debuff when vampire just comes to age/becomes vampire to make them drain energy fast for a limited time or something?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 5:16 AM Last edited by dhikaodonk : 5th Jul 2019 at 5:51 AM.
i did but i had to uninstall it when i started to get crashing while saving and even if i did a save before the crash save happen it will not have any new saves from when i last played, i have had over 12h of gametime lost than trying to also remove the sync from onedrive i lost all save files now im only using the simvision mod right this sec and all my save problems seem to be fixed!

that is 1 thing i really dont like about EA modders have to be the one to fix bugs cus they wont do it themselves >.<

i also think when i was using ur mod a new vampire the energy bar was draining REALLY fast till i put at lest 2 out of 3 levels into that 1 ability to lower amount of energy used, is that new for new born vampires, as they age into teen i think it was, maybe noticed when mother was turned also

sorry my memory is kinda faded on that no help at all lol but i was mainly wondering if their is somekinda debuff when vampire just comes to age/becomes vampire to make them drain energy fast for a limited time or something?

First thing i can think of is that, cured sim via cheat(like mccc or ea's cheat), not via conventional way (like drinking cure potion) is able to eat but they still react poorly to food without vomitting of course. and no I don't touch the vampire energy motives in itself other than the power associated with it (occult student). I do read some reports on the forum that the vampire draining energy was a bug but they fixed it in the new patch on this link https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_17142465 , I honestly never have the problem even in the previous versions and I actively play as a vampire. but given to your report(only you reported this though) about vampire energy, I'll check it later in the game whether the newborn vampire energy is draining.

Just checked newborn teen vampire in my game, and he had 98% of his vampire energy full when turned, and the energy didnt drain like at all because my vampire didnt perform any vampire interactions, but when I do use some of the powers like cast hallucination, command and detect personality, it drains just the same with or without my mod fix. the only vampire mods in my game is this one, my own vampire tweak(not released) and simvasion vampire fix but removed his eternal sadness xml due to conflict with my vampire weakness fix.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 6:04 PM
Just checked newborn teen vampire in my game, and he had 98% of his vampire energy full when turned, and the energy didnt drain like at all because my vampire didnt perform any vampire interactions, but when I do use some of the powers like cast hallucination, command and detect personality, it drains just the same with or without my mod fix. the only vampire mods in my game is this one, my own vampire tweak(not released) and simvasion vampire fix but removed his eternal sadness xml due to conflict with my vampire weakness fix.

I've downloaded Simvasion's Vampire fix quite a while back, but I haven't tried it yet (since I still haven't updated yet). So your mod here conflicts with that one?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 8:24 PM
o ok ty, also my teen was born a vampire just didnt become 1 till teen.

and i never used cheats & only modded till very shortly due to the vampire meditation bug!

i just cant understand why they wont fix stuff, they could even use the fixes ppl have already posted, but they dont... i just dont get it!
if not for this i prob never mod at all!

edit*
i kinda wonder if they are in denier stuff are bugged lolz.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I've downloaded Simvasion's Vampire fix quite a while back, but I haven't tried it yet (since I still haven't updated yet). So your mod here conflicts with that one?

potentional conflicts, he changed the way eternal sadness behave like removing the thirsty animation from it, mine also changed the same xml as to properly remove the said moodlet, only one will be prioritized, either my own or his, it wont break your game only either of our changes wont be applied, or you can combine our modified eternal sadness xml together using sims4studio so you can get the best of both worlds.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Starry Might : 9th Jul 2019 at 1:28 AM. Reason: Parentheses fell inside url syntax
potentional conflicts, he changed the way eternal sadness behave like removing the thirsty animation from it, mine also changed the same xml as to properly remove the said moodlet, only one will be prioritized, either my own or his, it wont break your game only either of our changes wont be applied, or you can combine our modified eternal sadness xml together using sims4studio so you can get the best of both worlds.

Hmm...good idea!

i just cant understand why they wont fix stuff, they could even use the fixes ppl have already posted, but they dont... i just dont get it!
if not for this i prob never mod at all!

edit*
i kinda wonder if they are in denier stuff are bugged lolz.

Believe it or not, they have fixed some stuff in the past that had fix mods. For example, mathcope made a mod to fix a problem with Vampire Points capping at Grandmaster Rank (http://modthesims.info/d/621850/vampires-bug-fix.html), which was later officially fixed in the April 2019 patch for new saves, and the June 2019 patch for older saves.

Also, they're probably swamped right now due to the sheer amount of bugs in wake of Island Living's patch and release, and actually, SimGuruNick has acknowledged this a little while back on his Twitter account. (I would link to it, but I don't know if that's considered okay here or not.)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:22 PM
will ty for the info @Starry might
*sigh*
i just wanna see some fixes so bad most of all to vampires, i think im alittle to impatient about it & way to use to other games that come out with updates like every week.
i just wish some hot fixes would come out more often as solutions found.
but they got a system in place & i just gotta be more patient!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 4:37 AM
Oh my word.. you are an angel! I'm praying this works.. thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:19 PM
question @dhikaodonk did they fix any of the stuff listed in ur mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:38 AM
question @dhikaodonk did they fix any of the stuff listed in ur mod?

Nope, they didn't.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 5:38 PM
will ty for the info @Starry might
*sigh*
i just wanna see some fixes so bad most of all to vampires, i think im alittle to impatient about it & way to use to other games that come out with updates like every week.
i just wish some hot fixes would come out more often as solutions found.
but they got a system in place & i just gotta be more patient!

I actually know how you feel. I'm still waiting to patch my game myself, but it's definitely frustrating...more than ever actually for me since I was starting to get into Vampires myself!

Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I actually know how you feel. I'm still waiting to patch my game myself, but it's definitely frustrating...more than ever actually for me since I was starting to get into Vampires myself!

at lest dark meditation was fixed, that was getting ppl sims killed, it sucks more vampire stuff was not fix but on the other hand i think more things was fixed than broken!

i think the problem might be, they could have alittle more on their plate than the team can handle!
that being said, i imagine they more than likely have deadlines for things & being rushed, things prob slip through the cracks
what was it 2 more pack after island living confirmed?!

i sadly think vampires pack even tho is my fav pack & in my eyes all the others just make it even better ;3 i get the feeling alot of ppl dont care about it much or at all even
i know anyone reading this you guys prob love it too <3 but i just get the impression in a whole of all packs its low on priority/favor to the gobble sims community.

sorry if some this info might be wrong im going off memory/feelings from interactions & just trying to piece together ideas/reasons why hot fixes dont come out more often & why things slip through the cracks.

anyways ty for listen to my rant =^.^!= trying to stay positive & maybe try to figure out reasons for things because we dont know the whole story, like what is going down behind closed doors!
Forum Resident
#50 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 5:36 PM
@Rainoa : Yeah, some good points there.

I've also wondered anymore how popular (or not) Vampires is, too...however, I think that in reality, it's actually more that it's a "niche" pack than true unpopularity, necessarily.

That said, there are definitely people who play and like that Pack...and when something goes wrong/breaks, they let EA/Maxis know loud and clear.

Also, the problem with Power/Weaknesses is actually part of a bigger problem with the game where many perks' and traits' moodlets/characteristics linger after removal.

Page 2 of 3