Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v.8

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 329 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 14
Theorist
#51 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:34 PM
This is conflicting with recolors of the the new stuff Kitchen & Bath pack..grrrr Maxis is so annoying!
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 2:06 AM
Is this compatible with Vista? Everytime I try to download it the game freezes when trying to load my family. When I uninstall it the game works fine again.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:57 PM
A little bug I've noticed with the food processors is that even without additional
recolors, the only color I am able to select when buying/placing is the default
silver/gray. I have to use the design tool to actually activate the colors.

For instance I selected the red color- but the object itself appeared as silver.
I placed it on the counter. I clicked on it with the design tool, it showed as
being red already (although it was silver) when I clicked on the red color option
the food processor changed to red- but I was not "charged" for the re-design.
This also allowed me to select the other colors and they worked, but was
"charged" for the redesign. After that I was able to go into buy mode and
select the actual color I wanted and have it appear the correct way.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#54 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 12:43 AM
I have the freetime food processor bug too. It remained steel grey even though it said green was selected, but then when I tried to redesign it, it still said it was green still, but still showed the grey. But later, after a reboot, it worked?!

And the new kitchen and bath recolors of the toy oven dont work, and the old recolors of the item dont show up either. I tried a vanilla game, and they showed up. I tried downloads but without CEP installed, they showed up, but with downloads and CEP installed, they dont show up. The only thing I have installed is CEP that could possibly interfere with the oven recolors.

Just letting you know
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 8:04 PM
Anyone? Anyone? ....Is this compatible with Vista? If not, any ideas why I'm having troubles with it???
Field Researcher
#56 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klm7926
Anyone? Anyone? ....Is this compatible with Vista? If not, any ideas why I'm having troubles with it???

YES it is compatible with Vista. I have Vista there are no problems.

I'm hoping for a Kitchen & Bath update. I can't use CEP right now because it over rides a few things that Maxis re-coloured in this pack. The toy oven came with a few new colours now with CEP installed I can't get the Maxis or custom ones I have. Tried just taking the customs out... nope... took CEP out...everything was fine. I just got my carebears back now they have to go away again *cries* LOL.
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 10:51 PM
Hmmm....so I wonder what's going on? It loads fine until I try to go into my lot and then it freezes. As soon as I uninstall CEP, it works fine. Any ideas?
Field Researcher
#58 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 10:53 PM
Hmmm that is odd Numenor will have to take this one because I have no idea why CEP would be causing that... I don't think it conflicts with anything but I could be wrong :-/
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:19 PM
OK I know it's correctly instaled but how do i change the colour of things?
Field Researcher
#60 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SPLATFACE
OK I know it's correctly instaled but how do i change the colour of things?

If you mean colors that did not come with the game, you have to download recolors.

Just a regular person
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 2:44 PM
I think I figured it out....I hope. When installing I unchecked all of the options and only installed the core items. My family then loaded. So I think I did it.
Scholar
#62 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 12:30 AM
Firstly, I'd like to say, ThankYou Numerator for many updates of this, and All your Amazing work! Secondly, I too am having some of the above reported problems with recolors.

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 2:47 AM
I have tried to download this off and on all week but everytime I do it stops before it even reaches 700KB. I have tried using IE Firefox and my usual aol browser. I understand your server is extremely busy but is there some way I can get this other than the download above? . I have downloaded some recolors for free time and I really want to get to use them in my game. I wanted to add I have always had problems downloading files larger than 1mb from here so I use Qxpress. Thanks for any help you may give me.
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 2:56 AM
I downloaded this new version like 20 times. And everytime I went to extract it it said it was empty. What's up with that??
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 12:30 PM
I've got the same problem as aradiapilar. No files can be extracted, and the fifteenth time I got that I have to say I gave up.

I installed Kitchen&Bath yesterday, and since that all my precious little items are blinking blue. Gah. It drives me crazy, and if I cannot make them reappear (they're still in the downloads folder, and the list is shown when I open the game... I ask it to show CC, but no!) I will have to redecorate everything... which is fun when you choose to do it, but Maxis' own content is so... boring. (Please forgive me, Will -__-)

I'm sorry if I'm unclear... I've got a fever and cannot really think straight. I want my sims, so I can play and play until my illness goes away.

thank you!
Instructor
#66 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 1:58 PM
Does anyone know if there will be an update for Bath & Kitchen stuff? I really love CEP.
I was wondering if it was possible to fix the misc wallpaper problem (in Freetime/Kitch & Bath Stuff it is greyed out so you have to go through all the wallpapers to find the pool walls)
Thanking you,
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:46 PM
Default Patience is a virtue
Quote: Originally posted by ZenFrog76
Does anyone know if there will be an update for Bath & Kitchen stuff? I really love CEP.
I was wondering if it was possible to fix the misc wallpaper problem (in Freetime/Kitch & Bath Stuff it is greyed out so you have to go through all the wallpapers to find the pool walls)
Thanking you,
Zen

As usual I'm sure Numenor will be updating you just need to be patient as its only been a couple days since its release. I'm suspecting that the zip is empty because he is working on it. I'm not sure the wall paper thing is related to CEP (as it shouldn't be since its only for recolours... wall paper is not a recolour).
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:41 PM
uhm...just wanted to let you know that the file is somehow corrupted O.O'
I downloaded it a few times and everytime i couldn't install it because it said that the file is corrupted.
Please fix this
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#69 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:19 PM
I can download it just fine- try again later, maybe there is a lot of traffic on the site at the moment.

ZenFrog- the 'misc' wallpaper issue was fixed in the FreeTime patch, which was later withdrawn. You'll have to wait for a revised patch, but in the meantime you can reach those wallpapers through the 'all wallpapers' category.

Jack- the problem with the flashing blue may have been solvable by restarting the game; it sounds like your custom content was disabled by the KBID install. Untill you enable cc/ disable the cc dialog and reboot, your content will only partially load.

For those having download issues- try later; alternatively try a download manager. I'm sure Numenor will release an update for KBID as soon as he can; until then you can manually remove the toyOven_tslocator_gmnd entry from the EnableColorOptionsGMND.package using SimPE in order to allow the new toy oven recolours to show. This will break any existing recolours you have for that item, though.
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:16 PM
The file is corrupt i cant unzip it.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 11:29 AM
Thanks for keeping up with the updates on the CEP, you modders are FAB!
Test Subject
#72 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:26 PM
I am having a problem with some of my Maxis recolors showing up and some not showing up. I have all of the expansion packs and stuff packs and I have used previous versions of the CEP, but I have never had this problem before. Specifically none of my Maxis wall hanging recolors are showing up and recolors for the shower/tub combo are not showing up. Can anyone help with this problem? Is it something that I did or is there a problem with the CEP?

http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com/mercilesscreations/MC_1.6/HMIV.jpg
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 6:47 PM
OK ummm well one of the maxis phones will not work like it will show up and then i click on it and it is gone. What should I do.& sometimes the game flashes up diffrent colors and looks all wierd like.The phone is the one that came with either bon voyage or freetime. I'm not exactly sure. So if there is a way to fix this or something I would like to know and if there is a way to uninstall this. Thanks. I will probably never get to this post again so if u will please contact me at my email adress: dmcflygirl1@yahoo.com
Thanks
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#74 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:41 AM
I had a similar issue with Teen Style phones not working correctly with the current CEP and FreeTime.

Someone posted a solution at this thread addressing the Teen Style phones disappearing off the walls:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,152.0.html

Hope this will resolve your issue!
Field Researcher
#75 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 9:31 AM
Numenor, after I installed this version of the CEP, I uploaded a Maxis only house to the Exchange. I had pulled my downloads folder comletely out before I uploaded it. When I went to the site to check it out, it had the warning triangle showing. I downloaded it and checked it with CleanInstaller and the only thing besides the lot itself was this:

CEP-Phone (something, I can't remember exactly what it said, but it definitely said CEP_Phone or CEP - Phone) and it was red like a hack.

I quickly pulled it back off of the exchange, but now I'm afraid to upload anything else. Is this something you put into this new CEP? I only have base through Seasons, minus the Pets ep. Do I need this CEP phone thing? I have used recolors of the original Maxis phones before and besides it being a pain because I have to use the swatch tool, they have always worked with the older CEPs.

I would like to know what I should take out to get rid of the hack warning. Thanks and it's really wonderful that you devote so much time and energy to making all of our games more enjoyable!

Numenor, nevermind. I just used the CleanInstaller and had it open the zCEP Extras folder and then I right clicked on the Phone one and told it to disable it. Now I can upload to the Exchange and it says Lot Only when I check it with Clean Installer. So I solved the problem.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14