Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 4:16 PM
Default How to stop sims being jealous on behalf of their relatives
I have a lot of sims casually dating/in open relationships. I have anti-jealousy potions which make these set ups work for me.

However... their relatives are not so happy! For example, Perri has dated Trip. She has also dated other people. Perri and Trip are both cool with this, but Trip's brother Pete is not. He has seen Perri dating somoene else, and therefore every time he sees Perri, he attacks her.

Another example - I have a polyamorous throuple, who are all married to each other. Every time their families come over for birthday parties, they start attacking one or more of their relatives spouses. So Dotty and Evangeline flirt with each other, and Davy's family all go mad and start slapping them.

Does anyone know of a mod that will stop this? I've tried searching for something, but either it doesn't exist or I'm not hitting on the right combination of words, as it keeps showing me mods to stop jealousy between lovers, when what I really need is something for their relatives.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 4:27 PM
The action is in the Emitter/Trigger - Jealousy (0x7F210196)
100B - Should I Scold Sim A?
100E - Should I Scold Sim B?

You can cut these functions short and return false on the first line.

I have a mod that makes romance asp. ignore jealousy and require relationship for the family but I am not allowed to give it to you.

This emitter fires like a machine gun without cooldown, and brings down the realationship to -100.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
Does anyone know of a mod that will stop this? I've tried searching for something, but either it doesn't exist or I'm not hitting on the right combination of words, as it keeps showing me mods to stop jealousy between lovers, when what I really need is something for their relatives.
Pescado's Romance Mod seems to do this. I had it in my game for years, and I never saw relatives getting jealous. I recently took it out and replaced it with LizzLove's No Jealousy at all mod, as two Knowledge Sims, Andrew and Julian, whom I've been playing since the very beginning of my game, and who are very important to me, suddenly decided (by simultaneously galling in love with the same boy - a Romance Sim) that they wanted their marriage to be an open one. (You might remember Andrew. He's the very first Sim I made when I started to play. He and Julian have been together since December 2012 -- going steady until October 2012, and married since then. Somehow -- in my Aging-off game -- they're both still teens!)

I couldn't get the No Jealousy potion to work in my game. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I think the game wouldn't load with the necessary files in place. That was why I decided to go for the No Jealousy at all mod. There must be some reason why I couldn't get the No Jealousy potions to work in my game, and, probably the most likely explanation is that they conflicted with something already in the game. I don't know, but it might well be that it conflicts with the Romance Mod since they both must be trying to modify the same BHAVs. If they are clashing, you may not be able to use the Romance Mod either. Of course the No Jealously at All mod will stop family members getting jealous, but I doubt if you want anything quite as drastic. I find it a bit odd to have no jealousy at all in my game, but it's what Andrew and Julian wanted -- and what Andrew wants, he generally gets! (As well as being my original Sim, he's also become my invisible friend, and he has a lot of influence over me.)

So, in short I suggest you try the Romance Mod. It generally just makes Jealousy a bit more rational, but, if it doesn't work, I think you should try to get @Jonasn 's mod. He could share it on Sim File Share, and send you a link in a PM.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 3:00 AM
Romancemod and ACR do some of this, but in general, if you want the game to work with poly relationships, you also need these mods: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617914 The jealousscoldfix fixes this particular issue.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 6:43 PM
Hmmm, nobody gets mad at people in open releationships in my game -- I use midgethetree's version of Romantic Standards and give the "No Jealousy" trait to sims who shouldn't get jealous. You maybe don't want all of Romantic Standards if you already have a mod setup for romance that works well for you, but I think you should be able to just use the jealousy part??

Here is where you get midge's Romantic Standards and you can read through the documentation to figure out the set up (it's a little complicated, because she split up all the features that could be split up into separate mod files, but that makes it more customizable if you only want parts of it).

Here is where you can get the No Jealousy trait. You mentioned anti-jealousy potions, which isn't something I have in my game so I don't know how they work, but midge says that the jealousy part of RS can detect either those potions or the inventory trait, so you might not even need the trait, I just know that I use it in my game and it works fine. (since it's a trait you need the main trait mod for it if you don't have that already)

Based on a read over the documentation I think the files you'd want is romanticstandards-jealousy (If sims should only get jealous over committed relationships - steady/engaged/married) or romanticstandards-jealousy-alsoinlove (If you want sims to get jealous also over anyone they're in love with - this is the one I use).
Besides changing these requirements and checking for no-jealousy settings, the mod also checks for polyamory (i.e. if sim A is kissing sim B, and sim C is in a relationship with both of them, C won't have a negative reaction). And it makes the reaction change a little depending on the sim's personality, so if a sim who's very Nice gets cheated on they'll still get angry but they won't go slap their partner.
And maybe you need romanticstandards-hatethosewhocheatonfamily ?? idk.

If you have any issues or questions about midge's Romantic Standards feel free to ask me more stuff about it, it's a must-have mod for me haha