Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 12:58 PM
Default Apartment
I have a few questions regarding this lot type:
1)How much do they differ from dormitories? Does the latter are rendered useless in the overworld?
2)How effective are they without the LN and its system?
3)Are hidden makers requirement or are they not?

(If you got a question or just want to discuss it, you can do so here without having to start your own).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 8:06 PM
1) The Apartment lot type from the University Life EP will turn a regular residental lot into a dorm type apartment as you can find them in the University world. Other residents move in until 8 sims (including your household) live on this lot, but those cannot be controlled by you. Dormitories in the Uni world are in fact residential lots with the University Apartment lot type.

2) They work exactly the same in home worlds and in university worlds.

3) This is not the same as the Late Night Apartment! They are entirely independent of Late Night and do not require anything from that EP. As such, they don't require any room markers.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 9:00 PM
If interested there is an apartment mod:
http://modthesims.info/d/498857/ts3...-1-63-1-67.html
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Do not use apartment lot type. They are bugged. You will regret it. You've been warned.

Is it because the other sims get attached to your household? Had that happen to me once.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 12:17 AM
I had that once where I placed a Sim in a one bedroom apt and I think next time I opened the game she had 6 roommates all of the sudden. Took me a minute or 2 to figure what the heck was going on.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 2:24 AM
Yes, better avoid the apt lot type. I had to struggle a lot to revert it back to something else. I tested a mod that used the lot type. I don't know if he/she managed to fix the bug as well.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 2:28 AM
I think I also had routing errors with sims trying to come to or leave the lot?