Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 3:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Names Not Fixed After Registry Edit
So, I got a new computer. The computer's locale is in Japanese if that helps. I installed Sims 2 and all packs in English and forgot to use the 12 hour clock registry file. When I loaded a save, all sims' names were screwed up. I closed without saving, all that good stuff, and even reverted to an external Hard Drive backup after double clicking the registry edit file. I loaded it up again and the names are all messed up still! How can I fix this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 4:02 AM
Did you install in the same version of English that you installed the game originally? There are two, US and UK.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 6:56 AM
Sims 2 doesn't play well with Japanese locale, at least when you're loading saves from another language. I've had non custom buy mode items disappear from both the catalogue and houses. I would assume that other issues would be present as well.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
Sims 2 doesn't play well with Japanese locale, at least when you're loading saves from another language. I've had non custom buy mode items disappear from both the catalogue and houses. I would assume that other issues would be present as well.

That could definitely be a problem.

I'll just go back to my English locale, probably. I had it in Japanese to recognize text files, but I hardly need it anyway.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Did you install in the same version of English that you installed the game originally? There are two, US and UK.

Yes. I even used the regedit file to set them all to US English just in case because of the 24 hour clock bug.