Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:05 AM
Default I need help with sims going to University.
Hi.

Hope this section is right place to ask my question/questions.

So, I need help with sims going/sending to University.

Me and my cousin was trying to figure out how to do this.

There is our situation:
Quote:
1. Family 1 (Not Active Family): Father Sim, Mother Sim, Daughter Sim
2. Family 2 (Active Family): Father Sim 1, Mother Sim 1, Daughter Sim 1, Father Sim 2, Mother Sim 2, Son Sim
3. Daughter Sim from Family 1(Not Active Family): Is 2 years older then Daughter Sim 1 from Family 2 (Active Family) and 3 years older then Son Sim from Family 2 (Active Family)

These are what we wanted to do:
Quote:
1. 4th Year in University: Daughter Sim from Family 1 (Not Active Family)----21 years old
2. 2nd Year in University: Daughter Sim 1 from Family 2 (Active Family)--19 years old
3. 1st Year in University: Son Sim from Family 2 (Active Family)-----------18 years old
4. So, basically, I want all 3 sims to be in same University at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas how do I do this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:52 AM
You can send sims from multiple households to Uni together in one group if you wish, but that requires the NRaas Traveler mod and Traveler > Allowable Travelers > Friends must be selected. And the sims must really be friends or higher with each other, not strangers or enemies. While at Uni, you will control the entire group but you can make one or more of them unselectable with either MasterController or DebugEnabler if you want that. They must stay together as one household off campus or stay at the same dorm or frat/sorority house throughout the term. When the term is over and everyone goes home, the inactives will return to their regular households. The one calling up to arrange for registration has to pay the entire tuition bill and that household's finances are used during the term, so some settling up by way of MC's Family Funds might be wanted after it's all over.

Under EA Standard (unmodded), all sims traveling to Uni World must first be part of the same household first even if this is meant to be temporary.

There is no way to send sims from multiple households to Uni and have them be/act as separate households while they are there unless you create and deploy a Homeworld University, not in Uni World.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 7:03 AM Last edited by csg5vbe3argf : 11th Apr 2018 at 6:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You can send sims from multiple households to Uni together in one group if you wish, but that requires the NRaas Traveler mod and Traveler > Allowable Travelers > Friends must be selected. And the sims must really be friends or higher with each other, not strangers or enemies. While at Uni, you will control the entire group but you can make one or more of them unselectable with either MasterController or DebugEnabler if you want that. They must stay together as one household off campus or stay at the same dorm or frat/sorority house throughout the term. When the term is over and everyone goes home, the inactives will return to their regular households. The one calling up to arrange for registration has to pay the entire tuition bill and that household's finances are used during the term, so some settling up by way of MC's Family Funds might be wanted after it's all over.

Under EA Standard (unmodded), all sims traveling to Uni World must first be part of the same household first even if this is meant to be temporary.

There is no way to send sims from multiple households to Uni and have them be/act as separate households while they are there unless you create and deploy a Homeworld University, not in Uni World.

Oh, ok, cause I wanted to play like one girl from family 1 and two sims (girl and boy: they are cousins) from family 2 as strangers and boy meets girl from family 1 at the party type kind of play.

So, I guess I have to give up this questioned idea of mine.

And just use the Woohooer to make girl from family 1 get pregnant by boy from family 2.

Thanks for reply.

Edit 1:
When I asked above question.

I didn't want them to send to University all at once.

Just like real world, girl from family 1 is 3 years older then boy from family 2 and 2 years older then girl from family 2.

So, supposedly, girl from family 1 should go university at 18 first then become 20 as junior (3nd Year) of University.

Then when I send girl from family 2 university when she becomes 18 as Freshman (1st Year) of University, the girl from family 1 will be 20 as Junior (3nd Year) of University.

Then when girl from family 1 become 21 as Senior (4th Year) of University and girl from family 2 becomes 19 as Sophomore (2nd Year) of University, then at that time, the boy from family 2 will become 18 and I would send him at the University as Freshman (1st Year) of University.
Site Helper
#4 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:25 PM
Throw a party in your home world before sending the kids to college. Have them meet there and become friends.

Then pretend that the party in your home world was actually an unofficial Freshman Orientation Get-together.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Throw a party in your home world before sending the kids to college. Have them meet there and become friends.

Then pretend that the party in your home world was actually an unofficial Freshman Orientation Get-together.

Oh ok, thanks for reply.
But, I don't want pretend stuffs.
I wanted actual happening.
As I edited my above post, bottom is what I wanted to do:
Quote:
When I asked above question.

I didn't want them to send to University all at once.

Just like real world, girl from family 1 is 3 years older then boy from family 2 and 2 years older then girl from family 2.

So, supposedly, girl from family 1 should go university at 18 first then become 20 as junior (3nd Year) of University.

Then when I send girl from family 2 university when she becomes 18 as Freshman (1st Year) of University, the girl from family 1 will be 20 as Junior (3nd Year) of University.

Then when girl from family 1 become 21 as Senior (4th Year) of University and girl from family 2 becomes 19 as Sophomore (2nd Year) of University, then at that time, the boy from family 2 will become 18 and I would send him at the University as Freshman (1st Year) of University.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 7:48 AM
Another way to phrase what we are trying to say is that homeworld sims cannot be in Uni World attending Uni at the same as your actively being played sims unless you befriend them and bring them with you. They cannot go there on their own. What you could do is use MC to Invite Over a foreign sim, the homeworld being "foreign" at the time active play is in Uni World, and a scaled down version of the sim will arrive as a visitor. You could then greet them and take them to a party (not exactly what you wanted, but this will work with strangers as well as friends). But the invited over sim won't really be a Uni student at that point in time, and they do have to return to their homeworld before the term is over to avoid problems in the future. Any relationship gains happening on that visit of theirs should transfer over to the "real" sim when active play returns to the homeworld.