Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 4:17 AM
Default Can't Find Gemstones
I'm trying to replace the default names of a few gemstones, but can't find them anywhere, only the spawners. I've looked in all of the fullbuild, and deltabuilds for them. They're both base game gems. I've found the fish, and metals, but no gemstones.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Torril09
I'm trying to replace the default names of a few gemstones, but can't find them anywhere, only the spawners. I've looked in all of the fullbuild, and deltabuilds for them. They're both base game gems. I've found the fish, and metals, but no gemstones.

Hello @Torril09
I found the gem spawners in the Debug category - but no gems there.
I did find a gem in the Surfaces/Uncategorized objects - if that is any help to you?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 2:57 AM
I can't tell. There's nothing to say that it's a merged file for all of the gemstones, or if there is I don't know.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Torril09

So you want to change the strings that appear in game for the gemstone names? The strings are in DeltaBuild0. You can filter to only display STBLs and find the English or whatever ones you need there.
I'd recommend using S3PE's preview window to select all and copy the STBL contents into Notepad, the ctrl F to search for the gemstone names. Not sure if you already know this but I'll go over the process:
You need to find the key of the string you want to replace eg:
0x9952B6C86CC2026A: Diamond
Then make a new package file and add a new STBL resource, and add entries with the keys of the original strings, and your replacement text eg key: 0x9952B6C86CC2026A, string: Big Shiny Rock
Then the instance name of the STBL also matters. the first two digits need to be the language code of the language you're replacing (00 for Eng). But the last 8 digits must be lower than the last 8 digits of the original STBL. Eg for English STBL the instance id is 0x000F16B00BA8342F
So your last 8 digits must be less than 0BA8342F. Here's an explanation for anyone interested: https://modthesims.info/showthread....536#post2765536

Hopefully that's what you want to know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
So you want to change the strings that appear in game for the gemstone names? The strings are in DeltaBuild0. You can filter to only display STBLs and find the English or whatever ones you need there.
I'd recommend using S3PE's preview window to select all and copy the STBL contents into Notepad, the ctrl F to search for the gemstone names. Not sure if you already know this but I'll go over the process:
You need to find the key of the string you want to replace eg:
0x9952B6C86CC2026A: Diamond
Then make a new package file and add a new STBL resource, and add entries with the keys of the original strings, and your replacement text eg key: 0x9952B6C86CC2026A, string: Big Shiny Rock
Then the instance name of the STBL also matters. the first two digits need to be the language code of the language you're replacing (00 for Eng). But the last 8 digits must be lower than the last 8 digits of the original STBL. Eg for English STBL the instance id is 0x000F16B00BA8342F
So your last 8 digits must be less than 0BA8342F. Here's an explanation for anyone interested: https://modthesims.info/showthread....536#post2765536

Hopefully that's what you want to know

Thank you! That should help a lot!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 8:30 PM
So, how do you copy and paste it to notepad @zoe22?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 8:49 PM
Okay, I got S3PE to edit it with notepad++, but its in gibberish.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 12:58 AM
I got it! Now to add it to the game.