Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 5:15 PM
Default Assigning Front of Lot in CAW
I am working on my first world called Alryne, and am trying to add addresses to my lots. I want the street address to be on the same street as the front of the lot.

In most cases, the front of the lot is obvious, and determining which street it is on is simple (or is it? lol). However, commercial lots located on a corner are more difficult to determine as some are designed to be on a corner, and it is not possible to determine which street the address should be on. The front of the lot also determines which street Sims are dropped off at when visiting the lot.

Is there a way in Create A World or Edit In Game to see which side of a lot is the front? I am assuming if you haven't touched a residential lot, the mailbox and trashcan will be at the front of the lot. But what about commercial lots? Is there a way to change the front of the lot assignment while in CAW or EIG? If so, what is the best way to do this? Answer this like I am a five-year-old. Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 10:27 PM
As far as I know, the button to change the lot zoning still works in the in-game editor part of CAW.
You may be able to change it to a residential to see the mailbox spawn, then turn it back into a community lot.