Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 1:11 PM Last edited by Elle8675309 : 16th Jun 2022 at 7:26 AM.
Default Missing objects once world is uploaded (Fixed. I'm an idiot.)
EDIT: I had objects turned off in my Sims 3 game options. I'm so sorry for running you guys around on this. lol

Hi, I just finished a world & uploaded/installed it but once I logged in to play on it I noticed the Ocean Surf & the fishing spawners were not there. I logged out & opened CAW - in CAW everything was there.

I tried deleting all the Ocean Surf & fishing spawners & just placing new ones, then uploaded/installed that. Still no luck. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 1:14 PM
Try playing the world, saving and then re-loading the save. Some effects don't work until you do that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 1:44 PM
Will try that. Thank you!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try playing the world, saving and then re-loading the save. Some effects don't work until you do that.

I'm into the 2nd week & multiple saves on the 1st mentioned map - the fish can be seen if I move the camera RIGHT on top of them. The ocean surf & geese have not appeared. I tested out a 2nd world & it is missing the same things. Then I created a new world - small map with ONLY ocean surf, geese, & fish spawners - still no ocean surf or geese. Fish spawners on lots appear normal. I feel like there must be something very elementary that I am missing.

This is a new install of CAW - maybe a month old. I don't know what else I could be doing wrong. =(
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 8:49 AM
How do you place those spawners? Do you move them up or down?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
How do you place those spawners? Do you move them up or down?

I just place them at whatever height they default to. It looks like they are half in half out of the water. However, my problem was not actually CAW... it was that my Visual Effects in Sims 3 game Options was turned down. Everything is ok now. I'm an idiot. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 5:38 PM
Glad it was such an easy fix!