Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 1:30 AM
SuperCAW Prone to Crashing and Errors
I don't know what else to do. I don't want to lose my world. I was so dedicated.

I searched everywhere, but it seems like there isn't much I can do. I followed this tutorial - https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...593&postcount=3
and my issues still weren't resolved.

For me, SuperCAW has only done more harm than good. I can't make any major changes without it crashing on me and saving doesn't seem to prevent anything. I can save 1000 times, but I haven't been able to even open any of my world files. I'll keep getting this error message "Unable to load file." I kept all of my files, but uninstalled CAW completely. Then I reinstalled it without "Super." In the past, I noticed that even though the regular CAW isn't perfect I was still able to create a full world with little to no issues at all. But there are features that SuperCAW has that I already used in my world. Will everything that I used with SuperCAW be taken away? My world has a lighthouse with the lighthouse fix. Are there any mods out there to add these things to regular CAW?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 7:55 AM
Don't worry, you can switch between CAW and SuperCAW anytime. They both work with the same game files, so what you will do in one version will show up in the other. I use SuperCAW only for those extra features, like adding some FX, but build my world with CAW. Also, I always use "Save as" option to prevent corruption of saves.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Don't worry, you can switch between CAW and SuperCAW anytime. They both work with the same game files, so what you will do in one version will show up in the other. I use SuperCAW only for those extra features, like adding some FX, but build my world with CAW. Also, I always use "Save as" option to prevent corruption of saves.

Thanks for the reassurance and advice! Save as for now