Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 1:59 PM
Default Slot count in TSRW ≠ in-game?
Hello, just your average simmer seeking for your expert advice.
I just managed to empty the 'Spa Necessities' object from the store, and turned it into a working surface. However, when I test it in game the slots weren't working how they should be. I put 15 slots on it using TSRW:

I could move the object into the intended slots before placing them, but after I place the 5th object the game already shows the 'No space available' prompt while pressing M..

Any input on this? Thank you in advance!
Screenshots

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Hello, just your average simmer seeking for your expert advice.
I just managed to empty the 'Spa Necessities' object from the store, and turned it into a working surface. However, when I test it in game the slots weren't working how they should be. I put 15 slots on it using TSRW:

I could move the object into the intended slots before placing them, but after I place the 5th object the game already shows the 'No space available' prompt while pressing M..

Any input on this? Thank you in advance!

The issue might be the footprint of the deco objects themselves. I’ve run into this problem before with adding my own slots. Sometimes the slots are too close together and the deco objects’ footprints intersect, which they don’t like to do. The only way I’ve found to fix it would be to edit the footprint of the deco object, but that’s not super practical to do for every EA and custom deco object out there.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twinsimming
The issue might be the footprint of the deco objects themselves. I’ve run into this problem before with adding my own slots. Sometimes the slots are too close together and the deco objects’ footprints intersect, which they don’t like to do. The only way I’ve found to fix it would be to edit the footprint of the deco object, but that’s not super practical to do for every EA and custom deco object out there.

Ohhh...that explains it. So, when dealing with small surfaces slot count should not be that many, then? I guess I should suffice with 5 or 6 slots, whichever the game will allow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thank you!

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Ohhh...that explains it. So, when dealing with small surfaces slot count should not be that many, then? I guess I should suffice with 5 or 6 slots, whichever the game will allow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thank you!

No problem! You can still keep the amount of slots you have as it allows for more precision when placing an item, they just won’t all be usable at once.