Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"WallWindows" glass set V.3

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 1:48 AM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 8:45 AM by Numenor : Fixed inline image

884 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 851 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 36
#76 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 12:00 AM
I love your SEAMLESS window glass set!!! They look perfect in the game and I love my houses more and more! Would you also make them recolourable please? I wanted Moon_Ez to be able to update his wrought iron windows/doors and Tuscan garage doors, so it'll work with your new SEAMLESS set. I love you guys creations! So please make them recolourable
Scholar
#77 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 1:40 PM
Princess, Reread the First Post. They are already Recolourable. Someone Made a Recolor Pack with these walls. ^.^
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:31 PM
Ooo I love, can't wait to use them :D
Forum Resident
#79 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 4:15 PM
the recolor template doesn't show up on the seamless windows.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Numenor : 21st Jun 2005 at 5:23 PM.
21 JUNE - Fixed Recolour template (it didn't show up for the seamless set)

Thanks FatD for your valuable beta testing!
It didn't work because both Material Overrides had the same Instance number... The littlest things are the ones that give the biggest troubles :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 5:55 PM
thanks, I'll test it ASAP
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:07 PM Last edited by blubug : 21st Jun 2005 at 8:19 PM.
Hi numenor, I just wanted to say I have a slight problem with one of your glass doors, I don't know if it was the seamless one or the other, but one of them, when placed diagonally, the doorknob flashes blue like the objects did when they weren't fixed for the ep.
Did anyone else report this problem or is it just me? I'll download again now and retry it, hopefully it was just a problem for that time.

*EDIT* yes, the problem's still there, even in my testing game/neighborhood. Here's a picture, it's the seamed one.
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:18 PM
Yes, please, let me know if it's only a problem related to an outdated version. You have deleted all the older versions from the downloads folder, haven't you?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:20 PM Last edited by blubug : 21st Jun 2005 at 8:22 PM.
Yes I have, I did a search for my complete sims2 directory.
*edit: I only have the newest versions
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:33 PM
Do you think it's conflicting with something I have? I have some recolors of the glass window: the ones moon_ez made, railings, fences and the glass blocks. I also checked if I have the diagonal file for the standard double door, and I do, I have all 19 files.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 11:36 PM
21 JUNE - Fixed STANDARD Double Door diagonal (the handle was flashing blue). The fixed door is included in the STANDARD complete set; please redownload (install in the download folder overwriting the previous files).

Thanks Blubug! At first I thought you were talking about the seamless door, and since it worked fine I was clueless.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#87 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 7:21 AM
I dont get it, am I just suppose to download the files up there, and the walls.txt file?? I know it said something about a WindowWall_main.package??!!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 10:09 AM
Thanks numenor! I'll download it tonight, thanks or fixing it, glad I could help by just noticing it (so this is how beta testing and reporting works my first time) :D
#89 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 3:50 PM
Wow that's great ^^
Forum Resident
#90 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 4:26 PM
@kiara: the walls.txt requirement is outdated, as is that file
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 10:55 PM
Numenor great work thanks for the new updated versions hope for the best and numenor maybe you could try making a double hight window like the massive ones that are allready with the game (P.S My wishes best luck xXx)-Im male(GAY)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 12:49 AM
DanDo, it's not necessary that I create a double-height window: since the windows are seamless also in vertical, you can easily create multi-storey windows by placing single windows one on top of the others (be sure to leave a hollow space between the upper floor and the glass, just like the large Maxis windows do).

And I'm male, too. Straight

Lab Assistant
#93 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 4:22 PM
thanks (just some info on me otherbefore people start to guessing) also i forgot you could do that with single storry windows (i wrote that at about 1am here kinda tired when wrote so probably forgot) also like the pillers and good luck on any new objects to come
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:46 PM
I love these windows, I couldn't imagine my houses without them anymore!

And I have a request

I would love to see those windows frosted, you know, milky glass.
I don't know if that is possible, but if it is, I would be so happy with that
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 11:39 PM
yeah frosty and different shades of blacked out glass too that would look nice (and since im a hopeless 14 year old i really cant be arsed to do it my self) Ignore the brackets Lolops
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 1:46 AM Last edited by Numenor : 25th Jun 2005 at 1:56 AM.
The very first version of the WallWindows had a frosted recolour (borrowed by RGiles's tranparent floor tile), but they looked too ugly on the windows, so I removed it.
But the idea was nice, and so I decided to make a frosted glass by myself (actually, they are two...):
http://dev4.modthesims2.com:81/geti...e=78611&thumb=1

You can download them from the front page.

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 2:07 AM
Wooot!

Thanks a lot!

You did this so fastly!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 8:25 AM
It's easy, you should try by yourself...
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 10:00 AM
I have!
Lol, I just got an other idea when I saw your result, so I started to try myself

I'll post a picture when I am done

But I never before had played with glass textures, I had only recolored plain textures untill now
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 10:07 AM
Look at this thread, you may find it helpful.

I'm waiting for your recolours!

Page 4 of 36