Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functioning Toddler Playpen

by Echo Posted 26th Jun 2005 at 1:04 PM - Updated 30th May 2006 at 11:15 AM by Echo

258 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 251 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Scholar
#26 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Rythela: The complaining was completely intentional. My mother informed me of the fact that I whinged like the dickens if I got bored in my playpen.

LMAO! Is that so? I know my Cousins complained and if you leave them alone long enough, they'll just fall asleep in their Crib or Play Pen. ^.^ Hehe. Well, as everyone will say.. Babies will be babies.

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 3:09 PM
thankyou, I can only say one thing .its Fantastic
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 3:22 PM
Thanks Echo! You did a great job. This will keep them from following their parents around all the time.

P.S. I didn't enjoy the playpen either when I was young.

Triquetra
Forum Resident
#29 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 3:35 PM
this is absolutely amazing!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 4:01 PM
Default thanks
Thanks Echo,
Its really great. I tried about 2 months ago to make one, got the meshing done fine, but the coding was a pain so I gave up. I can mesh just about anything someone wants, or try any way, but the coding is another thing. I never knew how hard it was to code something till then. I praise you and all of the people that knows how to put coding to objects.
lordgaret's mom
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 4:07 PM
I think this is cute. I'm not sure I'll use it but it is a good idea. I'd never heard of making a play pen out of fencing. I'm sure this will look nicer though. Thanks for your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 4:09 PM
Thanks so awesome...
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:01 PM
kaprialize: Yes, you can put babies in the playpen. They behave in much the same way as the toddlers. Lie there for ages doing nothing, then whinge when their stats get low.
#34 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:02 PM
This is so cool! Much better than a fence even if they can't play with toys in the pen. I love your playpen, Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:06 PM
Quote:
I don't really understand the point of this when you could just make one out of fencing and put toys in it.

Because that's ugly, unrealistic, and you have to go into build everytime the kid needs something. Just my two cents.

Thank you very much for the crib, Echo i've been looking foward to something like this for a long time!
Instructor
#36 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:15 PM
you did a really Echo...this looks great
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mojo
I don't really understand the point of this when you could just make one out of fencing and put toys in it. But nice job on it anyway

EDIT:

Your picture is a little messed up too (For me anyway) When you click on it for a larger version it goes to a black image with spots on it.

The point is visual. I love the playpen, better than just a fence. Besides the picture and the you not understanding the point of the playpen, do you have any other complaints?
Thank you very much Echo, for taking the time to mesh this and for sharing this with us. It's the little touches that really make the game
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 6:18 PM
Thank you so much! attempting to make one out of foundation or fencing just doesn't have the same visual appeal...(though locking a toddler in a 2x2 room with nothing but the block toy has its advantages)
Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 7:39 PM
Thank you. This was really needed, especially with twins, heh. Much appreciate all you create.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyndcat
The point is visual. I love the playpen, better than just a fence. Besides the picture and the you not understanding the point of the playpen, do you have any other complaints?
Thank you very much Echo, for taking the time to mesh this and for sharing this with us. It's the little touches that really make the game

Hey, I said she did a nice job on it. It would look better than a fence, but like Echo said, you'd have to change the codes on the toys in order for toys to be able to be put in there. I prefer the fencing because you can put toys in there. If other people want the Playpen rather than a fence, more power to them. I'm just saying I don't. And Daysies, I was thinking they ment toddler by infant. Lol i'm an idiot. Sorry about that.

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 11:51 PM
this is great! Thanks for putting the time and talent in!
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 12:35 AM
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU! *hug* This is such an original idea GREAT JOB ON THIS !!

~ Isis ~
"A Little Duran Duran Never Hurt Anyone."
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 3:53 AM
This is awesome! I've been waiting for something like this for ages.
Any chance of adding other animations in the future? Perhaps the play with toilet animation to get the kid to claw at the toy/image on the side? Or even the Dance to radio animation.
Also, will there be interactive toys in the next update? (If there will even be a update)

Great job. I love your creations.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 4:17 AM
This is flippin awesome! Holy Cow, I am so excited I cannot wait to have this in every color imaginable. Thank you so much!
~karr
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 5:47 AM
TehknicolorPanda: Some nice ideas there, but I don't plan to add to this immediately, my sims to-do list is pretty long as it is! If bugs come up I will, of course, fix them, but that's probably going to be it for now on this object. I need to work on something that doesn't involve toddlers for a while!

Of course, if there are any other modders out there who want to take a stab at it, they can go right ahead! They're even welcome to PM me for some ideas about where to start, because I did do some thinking about the possibility before I got sick of the sight of it!
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 11:50 AM
Absolutely love your work, and i loved being able to test this for you (No EP here and TONS of mods, hacks ect installed for my game).

Cant wait til Echo starts making stuff for us adults again
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 12:34 PM
how cute....can they sleep there or only play there?
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:48 PM
no more whining todlers all around the house... Does it work for babies?
#49 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 4:31 PM
when i downloaded the playpen...there was something wrong...the walls on the pen the walls where invislibe!!! can someone please tell me what went wrong and how to fix it :-) please =)
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 6:28 PM
aaw its cute is there any other colours??
Page 2 of 11