Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 5:46 PM
Default Old cc not working anymore
So a few years ago I changed skins from Lilith's ones to an old Digitalangels but I didn't like the lips. I decided to take the lip textures from Lilith's skins and use it as lipstick, which I did and the lipstick worked. Back then I was on Windows 7 and the Sims 2 was installed from disks. I did this all with Bodyshop and Gimp.

Fast forward to 2022, I'm on Windows 10 now and using Sims 2 ultimate collection. I have been using Lilith's skins again for a while now but have decided to move onto IO's skin set. I've decided that I'd like to use that personally created lipstick cc with those skins and was going to put it into my game. When I found out I had installed it months ago with the initial set up

Does anybody know what has gone wrong and if there is a way to fix it? I remember it being a time consuming business and I don't have that time anymore to work on stuff. I'm hoping for a quick fix. Which I have a feeling there won't be.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 6:47 PM
It's possible when you made the files in Bodyshop you thought the files that appeared in the Project folder were the files were the ones that worked, but it's the ones that show up in SavedSims after you've done "import to game".

If you moved the Project package files to your Downloads folder, and if the files no longer show up in your game, it's possible the files in the SavedSims folder weren't saved in the move to a new computer. The Project package files don't show up ingame (they're just template files).

Do you have one of the files? If so, I can check if this is the case.

If you have the project package files it is possible to extract the textures and remake them into working package files with Bodyshop and SimPE. It's usually not as time consuming as making the recolors (and any Photoshopping) would be.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's possible when you made the files in Bodyshop you thought the files that appeared in the Project folder were the files were the ones that worked, but it's the ones that show up in SavedSims after you've done "import to game".

If you moved the Project package files to your Downloads folder, and if the files no longer show up in your game, it's possible the files in the SavedSims folder weren't saved in the move to a new computer. The Project package files don't show up ingame (they're just template files).

Do you have one of the files? If so, I can check if this is the case.

If you have the project package files it is possible to extract the textures and remake them into working package files with Bodyshop and SimPE. It's usually not as time consuming as making the recolors (and any Photoshopping) would be.

Yeah I think that is what happened. I'll have to dig around and see if I got a backup of the SaveSims folder. Otherwise I have a basic knowledge of SimPE and I'll work through the project as I can. Thank you for your help.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 8:28 PM
No problem. If you need any help with how to do it, just ask.