Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#16826 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 8:00 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 11th Feb 2023 at 5:33 AM.
Sparrows RLC 2:04 The Aftermath

...let's get this over with!
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#16827 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 7:35 PM
Thanks Froggy, but I'm not sure if I can accept the consistency compliment, seeing how my blog started in 2017 and I uploaded 16 chapters since then Will I finish my legacy before the turn of the century? We will see!
Good to see you again, too!

1.16 - Slumber Party

So this was Ruby's bday party and I was really mean and didn't even show her as a teenager. But wow, time is finally passing! Jade is very close to aging up too, I can't believe the kids are finally growing up after so many years!
Field Researcher
#16828 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 4:20 AM
In which things never seem to go as they are planned;
2.05 A Foul and a Miss

Jyoti's rolls and child count revealed, uhm, Wiggles is an A-hole.
[lies]That's about it. [/lies]

Oh yeah, and Jet and Christian really need more adult supervision, pic attached. Ya'll are teens, TEENS!
Screenshots

Test Subject
#16829 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 8:02 PM
I haven't updated this story in 11 months. At least I can say that I did not reach a year without updating.

New chapter in my random legacy / nothing is free combo. 2.3 Flavors
Test Subject
#16830 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 12:04 AM
Antoher update for my other random legacy.

1.3 How to Win a New Family Without Even Trying
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#16831 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 4:40 PM
Hey RLC friends! Is anyone still around? Hope you are well! I've returned to hopefully finish up my legacy after a break of just about 4 years :0

These are the last two chapters of generation 8:

Gen 8 Ch 17: Birthday

Gen 8 Ch 18: Aidan
Field Researcher
#16832 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 5:32 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 21st Feb 2023 at 9:59 PM.
@Melynx Hi nice to see you here too!

Did anybody make any New Year's Resolutions that they have managed to stick with this year so far? I've been budgeting using apps it's been quite nice.

((Updated Link!))

New Beginnings Ahead
In which, the more things change, the more they like, don't or whathaveyou.
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#16833 Old 19th Feb 2023 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
Did anybody make any New Year's Resolutions that they have managed to stick with this year so far? I've been budgeting using apps it's been quite nice.

2:06 New Beginnings Ahead

In which, the more things change, the more they like, don't or whathaveyou.

Promised myself I'd work harder on my art this year.

You might want to fix the link, it goes to blogger posts, which in my case me takes me to my own unpublished chapters.
Field Researcher
#16834 Old 20th Feb 2023 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Promised myself I'd work harder on my art this year.

You might want to fix the link, it goes to blogger posts, which in my case me takes me to my own unpublished chapters.

Aww, thanks for telling me, link is updated ;3

That's wonderful news you've been able to work on your art! I'm not willing to try that again until my son is older, I just hate not being able to finish stuff.

Lab Assistant
#16835 Old 24th Feb 2023 at 3:01 PM
Hi @Frogsnack ! Good to see the Sparrows are still going strong! How old is your son?

Some of you have already seen and commented on some of these, but for completion's sake, here's the next batch of chapters. Starting off generation 9:

Gen 9 Ch 1: Marital Bliss

Gen 9 Ch 2: Tiny Goblins

Gen 9 Ch 3: Bouillabaisse

Gen 9 Ch 4: The Value of Hard Work
Scholar
Original Poster
#16836 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 12:24 AM
I've been going through a rough time and haven't been sure if I can get back into sims, but I have a huge backlog of blog chapters from several legacies (some never posted before!) and I think the more people updating, the more others are tempted to join the update train, so... in a motivational spirit, I'm going to share a "new" blog with you.

Here's chapter 1, and the second chapter is already up too.

I'll try to update at least once a week.

Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#16837 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 11:46 AM
@NutsAndDolts Thank you for posting despite everything <3 I think I can speak for everyone when I say we appreciate how reliable you've been in keeping up with this thread, the RLC rule page and everyone's stories. Looking forward to reading more of your great stories!

Got another chapter I haven't posted here! I'll attempt to get a more regular posting schedule going too!
Gen 9 Ch 5: Amicable
Lab Assistant
#16838 Old 8th Mar 2023 at 10:20 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16839 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 3:21 AM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 16th Mar 2023 at 12:38 AM.
I have a new chapter as well.

1.3 On the Beach

Of course I'm always getting these supernatural rolls.

One week later, another chapter is up: 1.4 As Our Own
Lab Assistant
#16840 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 11:20 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16841 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 3:59 AM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 30th Mar 2023 at 12:09 AM.
Wednesday again, wow. Where does the time even go?

Fifth post is up: 1.5 Something to Cause

Edit: New Wednesday.

1.6 To the Playground
Lab Assistant
#16842 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 9:57 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16843 Old 6th Apr 2023 at 7:18 AM
My weekly update is here: 1.7 Of the Chosen

Warning: lots of words, not enough pictures.
Test Subject
#16844 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 2:09 PM
Hello everyone! Long time no see. I don't think I can fully express how happy I've felt reading Sims 3 Random Legacy blogs again. It's kind of been like meeting an old friend after a long time apart. I guess it's something like nostalgia, but also refreshing.

Life has been busy lately. I haven't had as much time to play Sims as I used to. Still, I've been saving up some screenshots of my latest legacy, so I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon and start posting again.

My old laptop was over 6 years old, and finally died sometime last year. (I was playing Sims on a laptop this whole time, can you believe it?) I think it was the battery. Unfortunately, I didn't have any backup of my Sims files, so the Wilder-Moon legacy (and my extensive backlog of screenshots) are gone until I maybe find a way to retrieve them.

On the bright side, I used this opportunity to finally get a desktop setup. The game runs so much nicer now. Less than 5 minutes to load? Anything less than 20?? A miracle! This is the future!!

Anyway, I've written a prologue and the first chapter. The prologue kind of explains how this is (very very loosely) connected to my previous stories. Please prep your mind for sci-fi.

Prologue: A Romance of Many Dimensions

::1.1:: And They Were Roommates

Also, Blogger question: The blog archive on the side of my page doesn't have the drop-down menu functionality that I remember happening automatically when I made previous blogs. It only goes by month. I poked around a little but was nervous of causing a bigger mess. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16845 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 5:29 PM
Yay, I love seeing a new legacy from you. Shame about the Wilder-Moons though.

Re: blogger. I haven't had that issue yet. Have you tried a different blog theme? It shouldn't matter which pre-set you're building off of, but I only mention it just in case changing it fixes the error.
Lab Assistant
#16846 Old 10th Apr 2023 at 9:22 PM
Welcome back, wagaturtle! Love your new legacy so far! It's amazing having people posting again.

I was hoping to get my next chapter out this weekend, but it's going to take me another week at least.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16847 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 7:24 PM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 3rd May 2023 at 6:07 PM.
I have my weekly update, but only because I've had all these updates ready for a long, long time.

This week's installment: 1.8 From the Wall

And it's Wednesday again, my dudes: 1.9 Jumping in Puddles

And again: 1.10 On a Prophecy

The heir's age-up technically concludes generation 1, with all parameters met.

New generation, old references: 2.1 Along the Way
Test Subject
#16848 Old 5th May 2023 at 8:39 AM Last edited by Wagaturtle : 5th May 2023 at 1:08 PM.
Hello, I finally have another update.

::1.2:: Bonne Chance

Sorry to break the same-post streak you had going there. c:<

eta: I did a little more poking, as suggested, and figured out how to fix my blog's archive. Turns out I just needed to go into the widget itself and choose the layout. I also did a few more minor theme changes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16849 Old 10th May 2023 at 8:35 PM
No worries, I'm happy to have my streak broken.

This week's offering: 2.2 Tank the Bard
Lab Assistant
#16850 Old 12th May 2023 at 11:51 AM
So the regular posting schedule is turning out to be a pipe dream for me, but I've finally got another update:

Gen 10 Ch 2: Listen To Your Gut
Page 674 of 676