Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Softlism : 26th Mar 2022 at 10:30 PM. Reason: apparently someone already has fixed it :)
Default [SOLVED] Incomplete recolor TXTR after importing with Object Workshop: how to fix it?
When applying a recolor using Object Workshop and replacing the entire TXTR file with the right ratio, only the upper part gets recolored.

Does anyone where it went wrong with the recolor extraction? Do I have to duplicate the TXTR and link it to the rack_metal TXMT?

This issue only happens with this particular mesh from Simworld.de.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 12:22 AM
It's possible the bottom part isn't being pulled properly. The "wood" TXMT isn't there in the recolor, instead the "glass" part is showing up. I think it's improperly linked up TXMT/MMATs in the mesh file that need some fixing, but would need to have a closer look at the file to know where things went wrong.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 2:30 AM
There are 3 subsets and you can only have 2 recolorable subsets. The bottom part of that mesh isn't one of those 2 subsets.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 11:54 AM
@simmer22 @mustluvcatz how can I fix this in SimPE?

Here's the mesh I'm talking about (scroll down to bottom): http://www.simworld.de/sims2/objekt...-objekte-3.html
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 5:05 PM
It has 3 mesh parts (rack is the top, glass is the shelves, and wood is the bottom). They can all use the same texture, by the looks of it. I suspect the glass part can in theory use a glass texture if you want.

Easiest would be to remove the extra "wood" subset (TXTR, TXMT, SHPE), rename the GMDC subset "collectionrack_rack_wood" to "rack" (no need to do anything in a meshing program). This way the "glass" subset is still available if you want glass shelves or some such.

It's also possible to link up the "glass" and "rack" textures so you only get one texture if you texture both at the same time. useful if you want the option of a glass texture for the shelves, but not necessarily want to clutter the recolor files with more than one texture.

If you want the whole shelf colored the same, with just one texture to worry about, you can delete the "glass" subsets too (including the MMAT and references in GMND), and rename the glass subset to "rack" as well.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 8:31 PM
@simmer22 I stumbled upon a CC from AffinitySims forum of which I couldn't extract the wood recolor: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/839126/
When extracting the recolor with Object Workshop, I only got the glass TXMT + MMAT and no TXTR file at all. So what should I modify in the TXMT/TXTR in this case?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 8:42 PM
The mesh package needs another mmat, for the wood subset. Then when recoloring with object workshop it should give the option to recolor both subsets.

https://hugelunatic.com/adding-recorable-subsets/ - Jump to step 5, there is a link to a mmat you could download and use, or just clone the existing one in the package.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 8:54 PM
@HugeLunatic thank you very much! However, my new recolor still doesn't show up, even though I was able to create a recolor file. Can you take a look at what I forgot to adjust in my mesh file? http://simfileshare.net/folder/159140/
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 9:07 PM
Looks like the second mmat you added has the same instance of 5000. Try changing it to 5001. You can do this by changing it manually on the Resource tab. Or by selecting all mmats in a package, then clicking the little black helmut icon (useful if you have combined a bunch of recolors!).