Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 6:41 PM Last edited by bessy : 30th Jul 2022 at 2:02 PM.
Default Error 524 when trying to update a file in the upload post
Hi!

I'm getting a 524 error when replacing the file "bessyAnywhereSculpturesMerged" in my post. The second file in this post is replaced without any issues, same as the other files in my similar threads. I've already had this problem a month ago with previous update of this post and this file, but finally the changes were saved somehow. Now nothing works. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Upd: I've managed to upload the file as a new one, although I was getting the same 524 error in the upload interface. The question is still open.

Upd2: I've tried again to update the initial file and got the same error, but the file was actually updated - it was the same a month ago. Dear moderators, help me please find the reason and avoid this issue in future.

Crazy in purple
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 6:46 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for the report. Looking at the package file, it's one that consists of 2011 COBJ files + 1 unknown. What's happening is that for each COBJ the site extracts it, reads it, gets relevant information from it, and then tries to store this. Which, as you can imagine, get's pretty slow when it's done 2011 times. So then Cloudflare (the CDN that's used to help make the site faster) ends up timing out.

I'll look and see if I can improve the process and speed it up a bit with large amounts of COBJs. The file itself *does* get upload right at the beginning, it's just the processing of the contents of the file that is causing the issue.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 8:21 PM
Thank you, Tashiketh!
I've checked the file after every try of updating it - the old one was downloading, could it be some kind of cache? Anyway, your answer is much appreciated!

Crazy in purple
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:52 AM
As a guest, yes there is a cache. As a member it's set to 60 seconds iirc. So trying a few minutes later should get you the correct version.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
As a guest, yes there is a cache. As a member it's set to 60 seconds iirc. So trying a few minutes later should get you the correct version.

Thank you for clarification, just found your answer. Also I've updated the download post today and didn't get the error again, thank you very much for the improvement!
I'll mark this thread as solved)

Crazy in purple