Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 10:34 PM
Default Object recolors: how to safely rename the MatBaseTextureName from other creators for personal use?
I want to recognize better in game what the descriptions/creator names are of the object retextures/recolors (when I hover over a recolor with testingcheatsenabled true).
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 1:32 PM
Any thoughts, @HugeLunatic and @simmer22 ?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 1:38 PM
If you change the internal name, it becomes a new object/recolor. Meaning if you share it, it will duplicate in another user's folder, essentially giving two recolors using the same texture. A better option may be to create a list of creators and what name they used in SimPE.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 2:26 PM
Also really not worth the job, considering you'd have to duplicate every single recolor file you wanted to change the name of.

Make sure the items have proper filenames with the creator name and a descriptive title in them. If you have space on your computer for it, you can keep a catalog of pictures of what's where in your Downloads folder. That's mostly how I keep track of what's what (I use the original pictures from the uploader as a general "what's inside this folder" - but you can extract the texture and use them as a swatch for each file if you want to be thorough).