Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 11:31 PM Last edited by topp : 24th Sep 2022 at 1:06 PM.
Default Deleting threads
Why is it that some accounts have privileges to delete threads they started (along with all the posts in it, how ever useful they may be), and some accounts don't? I for one can't delete a thread once I start it, and seen other people not be able to as well, but many test subjects I see nowadays start a thread and then delete it soon after.
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 11:39 PM
Somewhat short answer without a lot of detail - it's not who posts, it's where one posts.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 9:01 AM
Thanks - makes sense. Though, I don't think I've ever been able to delete a thread on any given board...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 11:58 AM
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 9:04 AM
When trying to delete this thread, I got the following message:
Quote:
topp, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 1:59 PM
Can you link specifically to the thread you are trying to delete?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 9:07 AM
I'm not trying to delete any threads at the moment - being on this site for quite some time, I've come to a conclusion that once a thread is started, I can't delete it, so I never get intentions to delete them anyway. What made me open this discussion is the missing threads on the Sims 2 board - I see quite a lot of them deleted, most of those threads' OPs are Test Subjects; not mods. Yet, I can't delete any thread I start, hmm...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 11:00 AM
I just checked through your permissions and it says "Can delete own threads" in the Sims discussion areas, and I don't see anything obvious as to why it doesn't work right now, hence why I was asking which specific thread you where trying to delete.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I'm not trying to delete any threads at the moment - being on this site for quite some time, I've come to a conclusion that once a thread is started, I can't delete it, so I never get intentions to delete them anyway. What made me open this discussion is the missing threads on the Sims 2 board - I see quite a lot of them deleted, most of those threads' OPs are Test Subjects; not mods. Yet, I can't delete any thread I start, hmm...

Hello @topp
Every post or download/upload that you do should allow you to edit or delete it, whether you are the initial poster or not.
I wonder if maybe you are trying to delete them from the wrong place?
Can you try going into the initial post that you started and look at the bottom right of the post - it should permit you to edit and (red box) to delete. The initial post also permits you (or a Moderator) to change the status of the post to e.g., Solved/Answered. No other member who has posted to this topic can change the status.
Any subsequent posts that you have made to this topic, also permits you to edit or delete as you wish.
I don't think if you are the initial poster, you can delete other members replying to your thread (even if you are tempted to do so );unless ultimately you delete the initial post.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 1:06 PM
Whoooooa. Ok, I tested it now - seems to work just fine - at Sims 2 board at least. Sorry everyone for the hassle then!