Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 10:51 PM
Default Create Popup dialogue Mod
Hello,

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to create a mod that includes a popup dialogue ? something similar to when sims invite you over and you can chose if you want to accept or decline ?

Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnlySpams
Hello,

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to create a mod that includes a popup dialogue ? something similar to when sims invite you over and you can chose if you want to accept or decline ?

Thanks

What exactly are you trying to do? What you just described is a drama node, but the same kind of popup could be triggered by an interaction too
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSimsten
What exactly are you trying to do? What you just described is a drama node, but the same kind of popup could be triggered by an interaction too

im fairly new to modding, but want to make a mod where if youre interacting with sim and friendship/romance increases then popup shows asking if you want to go to their lot, and im not sure where to start, tried looking online but theyre mostly about traits and buff mods
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnlySpams
im fairly new to modding, but want to make a mod where if youre interacting with sim and friendship/romance increases then popup shows asking if you want to go to their lot, and im not sure where to start, tried looking online but theyre mostly about traits and buff mods

If you're fairly new to modding, I'd recommend starting with something a little easier at first! Traits are good and so are buffs, and you'll eventually want to try an interaction.

For what you want to do there are a couple of ways to do something like that... I think the hard part would be figuring out how and when to trigger that dialog popup, but it would eventually be through an interaction somehow, so that might be the first thing to look at.

I do something like this with a popup as an Easter egg in my wedding gift mod - under certain circumstances, you can see a hidden interaction which then spawns a dialog (I use a chance card), which has multiple outcome choices, each of which has a loot, which gives the two sims a relationship gain or loss depending on what you choose.

If you haven't already, looking at the tdesc browser and seeing what kinds of files there are and all the components they have can be a good place to start to figure out how all the pieces fit together. Looking at the tdesc, loots have an option to travel to the target sim's lot, so you could probably use that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSimsten
If you're fairly new to modding, I'd recommend starting with something a little easier at first! Traits are good and so are buffs, and you'll eventually want to try an interaction.

For what you want to do there are a couple of ways to do something like that... I think the hard part would be figuring out how and when to trigger that dialog popup, but it would eventually be through an interaction somehow, so that might be the first thing to look at.

I do something like this with a popup as an Easter egg in my wedding gift mod - under certain circumstances, you can see a hidden interaction which then spawns a dialog (I use a chance card), which has multiple outcome choices, each of which has a loot, which gives the two sims a relationship gain or loss depending on what you choose.

If you haven't already, looking at the tdesc browser and seeing what kinds of files there are and all the components they have can be a good place to start to figure out how all the pieces fit together. Looking at the tdesc, loots have an option to travel to the target sim's lot, so you could probably use that.

very helpful thank you ! ill look into it and try it out