Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 277 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 9:39 AM
Default Is anyone using the Cooking Overhaul mod?
I'm using this cooking overhaul mod. https://modthesims.info/d/548787/co...ngredients.html

I have two questions about it, but the maker of the mod have not been active for a long time.

When I opened the mod with s3pe, I noticed that the cooking process file doesn't include vegetarian recipes or supernatural recipes. Is there any way to add the cooking process of these recipes to the mod as an XML file so that I can modify the cooking process to my liking?

Another problem was that when I changed the prices of various ingredients in the cooking overhaul mod, the prices of ingredients in the game didn't change. Why?

If anyone can answer these questions, I would appreciate it!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 3:14 PM
I've been using icarus' cook with any ingredients mod. It's more reliable than the mod you mentioned above as you can cook with anything you like without tinkering the xml files.

You can get the mod here, https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523004

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 8:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
I've been using icarus' cook with any ingredients mod. It's more reliable than the mod you mentioned above as you can cook with anything you like without tinkering the xml files.

You can get the mod here, https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523004

Thank you! I've seen that mod before, but that mod can't change the cooking process or the price of the ingredients. And the cooking overhaul mod I'm using now has these XML files available for modification. I just want to know... Er... The answers to my questions above.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 3:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKnowles
Thank you! I've seen that mod before, but that mod can't change the cooking process or the price of the ingredients. And the cooking overhaul mod I'm using now has these XML files available for modification. I just want to know... Er... The answers to my questions above.


anak_ponti version seems to have supernatural recipes. you could try getting it, then open both cinderellimouse and anak_ponti mods with S3PE and edit it yourself. the mods alter a lot of xml files so it's best you have ErrorTrap installed for trial and error.

anak_ponti version;
https://modthesims.info/d/479345

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 4:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
anak_ponti version seems to have supernatural recipes. you could try getting it, then open both cinderellimouse and anak_ponti mods with S3PE and edit it yourself. the mods alter a lot of xml files so it's best you have ErrorTrap installed for trial and error.

anak_ponti version;
https://modthesims.info/d/479345

I downloaded and checked the anak_ponti mod, but since the mod I am using is modified from anak_ponti's mod, the anak_ponti's mod also does not have the files that I want.

A few hours before posting this reply, I successfully extracted the cooking process XML file I needed by checking the GamePlayData using S3PE. However, I still haven't solved the problem that I can't change the price of ingredients through the cooking overhaul mod.
Back to top