Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Replies: 31 (Who?), Viewed: 817 times.
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 8:03 PM
I removed the censor blur because I found it annoying. It's too big and ruins immersion for me.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 9:33 PM
This blur is the most not necessary thing I have ever seen in my whole life. When a sim goes to the toilet, they are fully clothes.
And obviously you cannot bath yourself fully clothed.The men got holes and the women are barbies, no offense there except for the puritains.
Puritains must do puritains hobbies leave the rest of the world alone.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
4617ยท2^990511+1
retired moderator
#28 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:00 PM
I love that there are so many different views on just this small aspect of the game. It shows why Sims 2 has endured, because so many brilliant modders have enabled us to customise the game to our own preferences, so that we are free to play out our imaginary worlds.
Alchemist
#29 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:18 PM
No, of course not. I'm an adult and it's a game. I remove it because, in my head, the Sims are little people living their lives and I'm discovering them, like Gulliver. If they are some creature living, then no one, including me, is filming and broadcasting with time in between to insert a censor blur. It violates point of view and breaks immersion for me.

I'm over the whole bathroom thing though. First thing I do in every lot is raise no cutaway walls around bathrooms, bedrooms, etc, because it's boring to watch and it is also interferes with immersion for me because irl people disappear into those private spaces behind a door and then return, we don't see through the wall. This eliminates the stupid view of going through their clothes too.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 3:31 AM
I've never removed the blur. It's mildly annoying for some pictures, but eh, not a big deal.

I also never play the game in an environment without littles around, although my littlist little is now eight and plays Sims 2 herself, so is not very little anymore. On the list of things that interfere with my vision while gaming, the blur doesn't really register, not like our kitty sitting on my computer in front of my monitor does!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 2:26 AM Last edited by Simonut : 20th Dec 2022 at 1:51 AM.
Hopefully we are all adults and know what reality is when it comes to male and female. My opinion is to play your game however you feel comfortable with, blur or not that is totally depend on each individual preferences.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Dec 2022 at 8:22 PM
I never bothered to remove the blur but honestly I don't care about it either. I grew up with the belief that there is nothing wrong with nude bodies. I also don't understand the mostly North American fuzz about exposed skin. Even if Sims had genitalia, we all do too. They are only sexual if you make them so. But since Sims basically look like Barbie dolls, I really don't get why anyone was mad about there possibly not being a blur. What do you see that you don't see on a Barbie doll millions of kids play with every single day?
Page 2 of 2