Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 8:11 PM Last edited by Simsfan98 : 20th Nov 2022 at 8:24 PM.
Default Short Question about Pet Breed / Pet Breeding
Hello,

yesterday I registered a new cat breed for the first time. I accidentally deleted the breed in CAS because I unintentionally clicked on remove breed (see picture 1). I went back to my sim household and registerd my cat again via telephone. After I closed the game, I looked in EA Games-The Sims 2-PetBreeds and could not find the name I gave the breed. I filtered after date and there are two files who were created or updated 19th November (picture 3).

Is the package file with the various numbers and letters my cat breed (picture 3)? If yes, is it save to rename it and how? Or how do you tell your breed files apart when you have more than one?
Is the petbreedbin package normal or in other words, is it in everyones folder? If yes, why does it show the actual date?

I am scared I might have done something that can cause corruption in the future because of clicking at remove breed in CAS.

It would be very kind if someone who does pet breeding could share his experience with me.

Thank You

Picture 1
[IMG][/IMG]

Picture 2
[IMG][/IMG]

Picture 3
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:02 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:17 AM.
Petbreedbin.package is required by the game to direct the petbreeds files there.
In my testing deleting the breed within the game deletes it from the PetBreeds Directory folder as does deleting the file in the folder first (although can't be done that way when the game is open.)

That 0xb0858acc.package will be the newly registered cat breed from the house call.

Just rename it like with my example here (eg 0xb08ab022.package --->0xb08ab022_Manic.package or Manic.package or dangermittens.package) and carry on like nothing happened.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  0xb08ab022_Manic.zip (12.0 KB, 1 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 5:04 PM
@Sims2Christain
Thank you very much! Your answer is really helpful. Now I know what petbreedbin is for and it is normal that it updates with a new breed. I am also reliefed that deleting a breed via remove breed in CAS is safe.

Thank you for explaining how to rename my package. I am happy that the numbers and letters do not seem to matter and I can rename it like I want.

By the way, your cat is adorable :lovestruc !
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 12:26 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 26th Nov 2022 at 2:57 AM.
His head is actually beyond the intended limit of the game and yes, Manic is adorable.