Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Retuned Attraction System (1.67 compatible)

by Fentonparkninja Posted 1st Dec 2012 at 1:37 PM - Updated 10th Apr 2014 at 9:53 AM by Fentonparkninja : Patch 1.67

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 9:47 AM
The attraction system is goofy indeed. My boss wants to date my main sim badly even though she's got a partner already and my butler is somehow attracted to my zero percent charismatic simbot for no apparent reason.
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
papayapie/Pamhamlet: I haven't used trait attraction in any of my tuning, but it's one of the parameters the default system uses, so it's easy to put in. Will look at doing so later on.

I'm fairly sure that this mod will work with romance reputation adjusters, as some of my own personal tuning adjusts the romantic reputation without causing issues when my attraction mods are also installed.

Oh thank you muches!! I liked Severedsolo's RRR mod, so I will keep it in. I am now off to install your "Variety" flavor. Thanks for offering us choices here!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:17 AM
Hey we have more choices! Thank you for re-tuning these. I think I will try Variety V2 now, and see how it goes. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:12 PM
Wow, thank you so much ! This mod is great. Hope you'll find something for engaged or
married sims.

Merci beaucoup !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 9:04 PM
Thanks it works pretty well. I got the variety one and since then my sim hasn't been attracted to anyone that much. He has met quite a few girls but he hasn't found his 10 yet.
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 11:33 PM
How does this differ from Twallan's woohooer mod? Like, could I have both..orz?
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by punchababy
How does this differ from Twallan's woohooer mod? Like, could I have both..orz?
Woohooer seems to consider more than just tuning files when figuring out attraction scores. So far, I've not had a problem using them together, but you may find that the scores (and maybe the threshold) will be outside the ranges used with this tuning mod. I'd ask at the Nraas site if you want to know more about it.

One advantage however, is that Woohooer recalculates attraction scores on a daily basis, so it might be possible to DE-attract sims if the recalculation scores under the threshold. I haven't tested this myself however.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 2:40 AM
Using this mod (variety) in my current game, for 4 sim weeks, has resulted in only 1 attraction-at-first sight notice. (Yay!) Although the sims I'm playing don't get out much...well, at all, but they've met quite a number of service sims. My teen male was about to age up and I still hadn't found him a girl. Well, I told him to go chat up the mailwoman, and the instant they shook hands I got the attraction popup. That worked out well!
Long story short, I really like this tuning. It's working well for me. Thanks! ^^
Instructor
#34 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 6:26 AM
Thanks for making this mod! I have a small request for an adjustment to the 'Variety' tuning mod. Rather than subtracting points if the sims' traits are incompatible, could you make it add points instead? This might seem like an odd request, but here's my reasoning behind making incompatible sims more "attracted" to each other:

1) Sims with compatible traits already gain relationship points fairly easily, even without the attraction system. On the other hand, it takes FOREVER for sims with incompatible traits to become friends. I want the attraction system to sort of offset that - so even sims who might have incompatible traits have the chance to spark up a romance. I want variety in my hood, I don't want all my families to be perfectly matched!

2) There must be some truth behind the "opposites attract" idiom.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 27th Dec 2012 at 4:16 PM. Reason: Had an idea
Normally, I wouldn't think this was possible, but I have an idea, so I'll try it out and see what happens.
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 5:07 PM
Is there any way to turn off the blasted thing? I'm hating it already!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 12:37 AM
If you want to disable it completely, I believe they have a mod for that at http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 9:52 AM
If you want to disable it completely, I believe they have a mod for that at http://simsasylum.com/tfm/

Oh thanks tons!
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:24 PM
Hooray! I need this mod so badly! The calls to invite my sims for dates and the ridiculous love letters with gifts in the mailbox is driving me crazy. Thanks!
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 3:01 AM
Does it work with Mastercontroller?
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:16 AM
Haven't had any problems using them together.
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:58 PM
Will this mod cause any problems with the latest patch (1.47)?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:38 PM
I'm wondering-- would it be possible to add the moodlets "Faithful" "EternallyFaithful" and "JustMarried" in the NEGATIVE pool of moodlets, making sims who have those moodlets less attractive to others? (I removed the spaces because I know the "InTheMood" moodlet works the same way in the code.) I could do this myself in SimPE but I wouldn't know the first thing about how to verify with 100% certainty that it's even functioning, or if the idea would break something itself.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:47 PM
Quick clarification on installation please. Can I install multiple "flavors"? For instance, I want the functionalities of Zodiac, Trait, and Reward...but I don't want the Mood flavor. Can I install the 3 flavors that I do want? Or will that break things? Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:35 AM
- JackyMedan: It should work fine, the XMLs used weren't altered in 1.47.

- Trinity2oo5: The problem with those moodlets is that they also affect the actual couple concerned if their attraction has to be calculated. I had considered using them, but decided in the end it would be better to leave them out. As for breaking things, so long as you get the names correct, it should work fine. Use S3PE to open up the package and edit the parameter for moodlets.

Best way to check that it works is to have a savegame with two sims who haven't met yet, use NRaas MasterController to add the moodlets plus whatever else is needed to get the score to 100 or more and then have them interact with each other to see if the attraction goes off.

- liljadefern: You can only use one at a time. They all edit the same resource, though the Variety version is closest to what you want.

In all honesty, Moodlets are hard to get for the purposes of attraction unless you are deliberately sending a sim out 'on the pull'. On Variety, the deciders for a typical sim are usually going to be their traits and whether or not their zodiacs are compatible.

However, you can use the S3PE program to edit the parameters to your liking. Just open up the mod package with it, find the parameter that deals with the score for moodlets, and set it to 0.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 11:22 AM
-
- Trinity2oo5: The problem with those moodlets is that they also affect the actual couple concerned if their attraction has to be calculated. I had considered using them, but decided in the end it would be better to leave them out. As for breaking things, so long as you get the names correct, it should work fine. Use S3PE to open up the package and edit the parameter for moodlets.

Best way to check that it works is to have a savegame with two sims who haven't met yet, use NRaas MasterController to add the moodlets plus whatever else is needed to get the score to 100 or more and then have them interact with each other to see if the attraction goes off.

Okay. I was just thinking that, since it doesn't recalculate attraction between two sims who have already met, that adding those in would be a great way for my newlyweds and married couples to stop getting hit on so much (although the value change to make people stop calling repeatedly for dates is phenomenal!). It's probably one of those things based upon the player's preferences-- I'm unlikely to have a sim with either of those moodlets wanting to attract a new partner, so for me it wouldn't be a problem to lose that attraction. Although I can always just get rid of the Faithful/Eternally Faithful moodlets easily as well.

I may just have to edit it in and tinker with it myself. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 8:33 AM
Oh my God. Thank you SO much. The attraction system is cool in theory, but easily became the most annoying thing about Seasons. Can't wait to install this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:32 AM
Excellent! This is just what I've been hoping for. Thanks so much for sharing this great Mod with us!
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 1:55 PM
Is it possible to choose which sims my sim could be attracted to? Or can i remove pre-existing attraction between sims?
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluejean
Is it possible to choose which sims my sim could be attracted to? Or can i remove pre-existing attraction between sims?
NRaas Woohooer can recalculate attraction scores, so if you set the base scoring in it low enough, you can de-attract sims the next time it calculates attraction scoring.

As for choosing which, it's hard to do on the fly, you really have to set up both individuals to meet each other right when you know the attraction will go off between them.
Page 2 of 6