Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 19th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2024 at 11:11 AM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 41 of 42
Icy Spicy
#1001 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheBlackHearts
I'm having the same problem. The only option is "cook custom meal" and when I click on any of the foods, my game freezes for about 2 seconds and then the action immediately gets cancelled out and nothing happens. They don't cook anything. This mod is broken for me.

Remove the hasselback potaotes if you have it. That is the one causing the issue
Icy Spicy
#1002 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crystal_light7
I'm just going to report that the mod wasn't working for me at all so I removed it. I had a full functioning kitchen with a fridge and stove and the only interaction that was popping up for me under the Custom Food menu was "Cook Custom Meal." None of the other options, like the bake or gourmet ones were showing.

I tried extracting it with 7zip instead - still didn't work. I tested it without any other mods - still didn't work. I tested it without mods on a clean save - still didn't work. I don't have all SPs and GPs but I have most of them, and my game is up to date, and yes the sims I was testing it with all had maxed out cooking skills (including mixology, baking, and gourmet cooking). Both files, the package and the script, were placed directly in the mods folder.

Since it wasn't working I removed it and replaced it with something else. I'm now just using the "Custom Food Objects" mod instead and interestingly that one actually works and I now have access to ALL the custom food making options.

I'm not sure why it wasn't working for me, or if it needs updating, but for anyone else who experienced the same issue as me just save yourself the time and hassle and use custom food objects instead.

Remove the hasselback potaotes if you have it. That is the one causing the issue
Icy Spicy
#1003 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Firegrl94
I'm also having an issue with some custom food items going into my inventory and not being edible. Additionally, the tomato soup recipe by IceMunMun appears correctly but is called "Coffee" in the restaurant menu.

You mean the tomatyosoup from my soupmaker ?
Make sure you dont have any outdated cc beds from before high school EP
Icy Spicy
#1004 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by awolfingeeksclothin9
I'm having this issue now. Did you resolve it?

This happens if you have outdated CC beds in your game from before High School Years EP
Test Subject
#1005 Old 13th Mar 2023 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Remove the hasselback potatoes

I'll try that, thank you
Test Subject
#1006 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
You mean the tomatyosoup from my soupmaker ?
Make sure you dont have any outdated cc beds from before high school EP

Hi IMM, I don't use cc in my game. I have noticed several items appear incorrectly in the restaurant menu, such as Tomato Soup, Pistachio Lassi (is named 'Vanilla Lassi', even though it's green) and Coffee/Milk appear with the Cannoli image. I wonder if you could see if you can replicate the issue with any of your foods in your game?

I mod under the name magneticsouth. Links to my mods are in my profile!
Icy Spicy
#1007 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Firegrl94
Hi IMM, I don't use cc in my game. I have noticed several items appear incorrectly in the restaurant menu, such as Tomato Soup, Pistachio Lassi (is named 'Vanilla Lassi', even though it's green) and Coffee/Milk appear with the Cannoli image. I wonder if you could see if you can replicate the issue with any of your foods in your game?

Hmm..I will look into these!
Test Subject
#1008 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 1:53 PM
Hi! I’m having a bit of trouble with your mod. I have the most updated version, none of the recipes that are known to cause problems and I made sure to delete the old version before inputting the new one in. However, when I click on the stove or fridge, the “custom food” option doesn’t pop up. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Test Subject
#1009 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 3:12 PM
I'm having the same issue as Nubiia but only for the new fridge and stove that come with the new EP (Growing together). Anyway, thanks a lot for this great mod!
Test Subject
#1010 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 12:29 AM
This Mod isn't allowing me to open my fridge. The "open" option is no longer available when I have this mod installed. Is anyone else having this issue?
Test Subject
#1011 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ilyjay3
This Mod isn't allowing me to open my fridge. The "open" option is no longer available when I have this mod installed. Is anyone else having this issue?

Me too! Did you fix it somehow? I really want to use this mod but I hate having the "open" option on the fridge disappearing
Test Subject
#1012 Old 10th Apr 2023 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wool5695
Me too! Did you fix it somehow? I really want to use this mod but I hate having the "open" option on the fridge disappearing

No, I'm hoping for an updated soon, because I hate not being able to pick what my sims are getting to eat.
Test Subject
#1013 Old 11th Apr 2023 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wool5695

I figured it out!! If you have icemunmun Hasselback Potato cc in your game take it out!
Lab Assistant
#1014 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 6:41 PM
Hi ! Here's the updated FR translation for this mod, if you wanna integrate it

https://simfileshare.net/download/3931494/

Have a nice day!
Icy Spicy
#1015 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimikosoma
Hi ! Here's the updated FR translation for this mod, if you wanna integrate it

https://simfileshare.net/download/3931494/

Have a nice day!

Thank you!
Test Subject
#1016 Old 16th Jun 2023 at 12:40 PM
This never seems to work for me. Do you have to add the extra foodstuff like tomato salad or is it supposed to be there, because I can never see anything in my sims fridge or oven options.
Test Subject
#1017 Old 17th Jun 2023 at 5:52 AM Last edited by FantasyGaming : 17th Jun 2023 at 8:43 AM.
Since the latest patch this mod has been doubling custom food menus when cooking. Tested with latest version and no other mods, as well as no mods at all. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Seems to have fixed itself somehow, not entirely sure as I didn't change any mods!
Test Subject
#1018 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 2:03 PM
Default Same duplicate problem
Quote: Originally posted by FantasyGaming
Since the latest patch this mod has been doubling custom food menus when cooking. Tested with latest version and no other mods, as well as no mods at all. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Seems to have fixed itself somehow, not entirely sure as I didn't change any mods!

Are you sure you didn't change something ? Because i just downloaded the latest version of July 23 and i have this duplicate problem. I don't know how to solve this but it's annoying
Lab Assistant
#1019 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yakatana
Are you sure you didn't change something ? Because i just downloaded the latest version of July 23 and i have this duplicate problem. I don't know how to solve this but it's annoying

I'm having the same problem with duplicate custom foods in the menu.

See all my mods, custom content, and more at my official site @ Simularity.cc
Lab Assistant
#1020 Old 29th Aug 2023 at 8:53 PM
Has anyone had an issue where in Dine Out, foods are being duplicated or X'd out in the menu selection? Or one dish is renamed as another that is already there?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1021 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 7:28 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1022 Old 28th Sep 2023 at 1:14 AM
This new organization is perfect! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#1023 Old 30th Sep 2023 at 12:30 PM
i am getting LE since the latest stuff pack, telling the imjector is empty or something like that

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1024 Old 1st Oct 2023 at 2:27 PM
Thanks for the update. Love this mod! Your awesome!
Test Subject
#1025 Old 3rd Oct 2023 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yakatana

Having this same duplicate issue but only with Off the Grid compatible appliances. Try using a fridge that isn't Off the Grid compatible. I don't see duplicates with those.
Page 41 of 42