Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ATICAS 3.1 - No longer updated

by tucatuc Posted 16th Aug 2018 at 2:50 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2020 at 8:37 PM by tucatuc : Last version

140 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
Original Poster
#76 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Thanks a lot for this wonderful mod and the update. Modders like you change our game in such a amazing way But one question: Would it be possible to create some special traits for witches/sorcerer/fairies? I enjoy playing them in my game (so I use the "Become a socerer mod by Triplis and also the "Fairy mod by Nyx) but I still miss some special traits for my magical sims like "gain more experience/fun by gardening, herbalism, fishing, cooking/baking" or something like this.
Maybe it`s possible to create other traits for magical sims...maybe you have other ideas/possibilities
Kindly regards from Austria and keep up your wonderful work.
Eve

Thank you very much for appreciation and feedback,
but I'll have to disappoint you a little bit.

This mod is basic, like super basic level of moderately hard modding. Meaning that if you have no idea how modding works it seems huge, but when you start getting it it's basically rewriting some lines that literally have descriptions everyone on any English language level higher than A2 would understand.
So yes, it seems to be such an achievement while I only change some variables.
And that's why this mod only creates copies of the traits from the game - because I have no idea how to make my own, like this doesn't make sense and I don't really want to play with all these mod constructors and stuff.
All in all I don't feel like the right person to create the traits you mean, so you should reach out to other modders, like Triplis or Zerbu, cause maybe they have 5 minutes/hours/lifetimes (I ain't no expert) to spare

Still I'm happy that you enjoy the mod and I hope I'll be able to update it and improve it, so that maybe someday I'll reach the level that would make me a better modder :D

PS. Btw, best wishes from Poland
Instructor
#77 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 9:43 AM
Hello Tucatuc ; )

Thanks for the answer and I understand this situation very well.

Kindly regards

Eve
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 12:08 AM
I don't own all the packs so curious where I can find a list of the "GPs" or whatnot to know which to delete? Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#79 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marinka512
I don't own all the packs so curious where I can find a list of the "GPs" or whatnot to know which to delete? Thanks!

It's all in the second spoiler in the thread
Test Subject
#80 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:22 AM
Do Parenthood traits not work when applied to adult sims? I gave one sim the compassionate trait yet the "share emotional burdens" interaction isn't there. Another I gave the good manners trait yet there's no "polite introduction" option. It's like the traits aren't being applied in game. And they're still listed in their traits list. I have the current patch of the game, the mod, and have deleted the traits from the expansions/game packs I don't have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redfilter
Do Parenthood traits not work when applied to adult sims? I gave one sim the compassionate trait yet the "share emotional burdens" interaction isn't there. Another I gave the good manners trait yet there's no "polite introduction" option. It's like the traits aren't being applied in game. And they're still listed in their traits list. I have the current patch of the game, the mod, and have deleted the traits from the expansions/game packs I don't have.

Maybe you've doone everything right and just these traits don't work fully. There's a chance that these interactions don't apply to the modded traits, I haven't tested it thoroughly and I'm not sure if I will, I have never played with modding interactions, but I might give it a try if that may help
Thank you for feedback though, it's nice to see people respond and help me test the mod
Test Subject
#82 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 8:15 PM
Hi!! Thanks for all your hard work!! Just so I'm clear, if you own every pack then you put all the files in your game? And what if you don't want the reward store in your traits? Do you just remove the files that have say reward store? Thank you, Beth
Test Subject
Original Poster
#83 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wildfire_72
Hi!! Thanks for all your hard work!! Just so I'm clear, if you own every pack then you put all the files in your game? And what if you don't want the reward store in your traits? Do you just remove the files that have say reward store? Thank you, Beth

Yes, you can just plop every file into your Mods folder and it should not cause any problems.
If I understand what you mean, then yes, you just have to remove the Reward files
Test Subject
#84 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tucatuc
Yes, you can just plop every file into your Mods folder and it should not cause any problems.
If I understand what you mean, then yes, you just have to remove the Reward files

OK!! Awesome!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 7:30 PM
Something is off with ATICAS in my game - made sure I had the updated version but when my sims use the get to know function on someone, their ATICAS trait shows up as "unknown trait". Am I doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#86 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kellipolendik
Something is off with ATICAS in my game - made sure I had the updated version but when my sims use the get to know function on someone, their ATICAS trait shows up as "unknown trait". Am I doing something wrong?

I think it needs updating. My game keeps experiencing MCCC last exceptions from it. Shame because it really packed out my traits panel.
Test Subject
#87 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerAbbey
I think it needs updating. My game keeps experiencing MCCC last exceptions from it. Shame because it really packed out my traits panel.

Oddly enough it seems to work partially? The get to know popup (sim x found trait of sim y: kindness ambassador) actually shows the custom trait name but when you go to the relationship panel and hover over sim y, it's still listed as unknown.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 1:22 PM Last edited by gettp : 25th Jan 2019 at 3:22 PM.
Can't seem to get this to work. Clicking on one of the three empty traits does nothing. The menu of traits in CAS doesn't appear.

- Edit

Actually this was something I didn't expect. Apparently if you edit a household from the neighborhood screen, you can't edit the traits? Didn't realize that. I usually edit them on creation or using Modify in CAS from the debug menu.

Other issue, I'm getting lastexception errors and general MCCC errors regarding some of the new traits. Lastexception file isn't clear otherwise, just that some traits are configured improperly.
Test Subject
#89 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 6:13 AM
Are you planning to update this for the February 5th patch?
Test Subject
#90 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Razei
I have this problem too

Just don't install the files that say "rewardsstore" in them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 10:15 AM
sims 3 honestly had me wishing for more traits in sims 4- but your mod does an awesome job :D
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 9:46 PM
With the latest update, I'm getting constant lastexception errors.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp
With the latest update, I'm getting constant lastexception errors.

At the very least "AllTraitsInCAS_NC_FatherWintersBaby_EP05.package" is broken. It's causing immediate LE errors on startup.

Haven't noticed any others yet.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 7:41 PM
Please update for Strangerville!! Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#95 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 6:46 PM
Wow! This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out. I always did think Sims 4's trait selection was a bit scarce in comparison to Sims 3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 8:19 PM
Hello, I love the idea of this mod, and I'm totally going to try it as soon as I have time. But I was wondering, would you consider cloning the normal CAS traits and turning them into Reward Traits? That'd be super cool, so that we can cheat to get those cheats after using the ATICAS traits in CAS. I think itd be so cool if cc trait creators would give a reward trait option, too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 11:25 PM
<3
Test Subject
#98 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 8:54 PM
75% of the trarits dont have a picture or description for me and even when undowloaded my other trait mods it still didnt work
Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 11:18 PM
hi, does this mod need an update after the patch? i havent updated my game yet and dont want to until i know lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 6th May 2019 at 8:50 PM
I have this in my game and I can confirm it works, to anyone wondering! I have the latest patch and have recently cleared my localthumbnailcache. I can see all the traits. Thanks for this neat mod!
Page 4 of 6