1 people viewing
Replies: 26032 (Who?), Viewed: 721262 times.
Page 1042 of 1042
Lab Assistant
#26026 Old Yesterday at 7:26 PM
So, I have a sim with flu, Antonio Monti. Right now I played with David Ottomas' household, who called Antonio, and during this phone call, I got the pop up with the message that Antonio is healthy again. I mean, good news for him, but I wonder, is this normal or a bug? I got the message not in his household.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#26027 Old Yesterday at 8:06 PM
It's normal. It would also, alas, be normal for flu to spread by phone. When a phone call happens, the sim on the other end of the line is invisibly on the lot in order to interact. This is why it can be iffy to save with a sim on the phone, and why sometimes sims who have called will suddenly appear on the lot afterward.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#26028 Old Yesterday at 8:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Don't overwrite. Either remove (save to a backup; you never know when you might want them again) and replace; or rename them so that the game doesn't recognize and load them.

Never overwrite a neighborhood, as overwriting only replaces data that matches, leaving stray bits and bobs of data hanging around to hook up where ever it can, creating corruption.

Yeah but I never loaded the premade neighbourhood in the first place? Basically I want to be making a towny-free neighbourhood.

Call me Seth!
Lab Assistant
#26029 Old Yesterday at 8:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
It's normal. It would also, alas, be normal for flu to spread by phone. When a phone call happens, the sim on the other end of the line is invisibly on the lot in order to interact. This is why it can be iffy to save with a sim on the phone, and why sometimes sims who have called will suddenly appear on the lot afterward.

Thanks for the quick answer. I never save with Sims on the phone. I'm just glad that in this case that it didn't spread like this.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Top Secret Researcher
#26030 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure a sim on the other end of the phone can't get a disease, because they are not actually on the lot, they are off-world, and you get diseases by being on particular infected tiles that are on-world, which is never the case for anything that is off-world.

The only reason I know of not to save with sims on the phone is that if your game resets for some reason before the next time you play, when that happens the off-world sim will continue to persist on the lot and might cause problems, and will definitely cause the lot to be unsafe to delete, but if your game does experience a reset you can actually delete off-world loiterers with the batbox afterwards and it should be fine.
Test Subject
#26031 Old Yesterday at 11:55 PM
What triggers the angry spouses pose in the family portrait? I need it for one of my married couples, but no matter what I do they're still doing the happy bunny ears pose. It's just about driving me mad.
Mad Poster
#26032 Old Today at 1:00 AM
^ Probably a bad relationship. Other than that I think the game just picks from the available poses at random (there aren't a lot to choose from). Also, the family portrait doesn't always change significantly unless there are changes to ages or new family members (including pets).

If you need the poses for a picture or something like it, there are poseboxes with these poses extracted. That way you can put them together exactly how you want (on the lot, mind).
Test Subject
#26033 Old Today at 1:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
^ Probably a bad relationship. Other than that I think the game just picks from the available poses at random (there aren't a lot to choose from). Also, the family portrait doesn't always change significantly unless there are changes to ages or new family members (including pets).

Gotcha. Weird, it worked fine before but now it doesn't want to.
Page 1042 of 1042