Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 10:50 AM Last edited by IChoseThisName : 10th Dec 2013 at 1:29 AM.
Default Working with Integrated Graphics (Solved)
I have an NV77H Gateway laptop, 2.10 GHz Intel Core processor with 5.85 useable ram on 64-bit Windows 7. It runs on an Intel HD Chipset, which for all intent and purposes suits me fine. Recently, in order to play another game, I upgraded to the Intel HD 3000 driver. That seems to have effected my TS2 game quite badly, where before I had no problems at all. It would run perfectly, smooth and fast, with all settings on high. My question is, would it help if I downgraded back to the version I was using before? Or, if not, I've heard about external graphics cards that can be plugged into laptops. Would that be a possibility with the one that I have? How can I restore my TS2 to the way it was?

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 3:47 PM
Do you mean that you have an Intel chip which is not a 3000, and you installed the driver for the 3000? If so, that was a very bad idea - yes, you should rollback. Only install drivers which are made for the model of graphics card or chip you have.

You can get external graphics cards, but because very few people buy them, there's not much of a market - so the range is restricted and they tend to be very expensive. If you can find an external version of a graphics card which would otherwise support TS2, then it should work just fine, but I'll leave the decision about cost up to you. Also be sure to check the connectivity requirements if you look at external cards - many of them require a port which is not commonly included in laptops.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 12:49 AM Last edited by IChoseThisName : 9th Dec 2013 at 1:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Do you mean that you have an Intel chip which is not a 3000, and you installed the driver for the 3000? If so, that was a very bad idea - yes, you should rollback.
I would really appreciate some assistance. I can't seem to find the right driver I was using before. I even pulled the chipset driver from my specific laptop model on gateway.com and got a popup that told me my system did not meet the minimum requirements for the software. This is something I know very little about, so if anyone wants to be so kind as to direct me I can read off as much system information as needed. Keep getting system does not meet minimum requirements..even when it does. :/

Computer : Gateway NV77H

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @2.10GHz

System type : 64-bit Operating System

Windows Edition : Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Chipset: Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 2:57 PM
According to this the i3-2310M does come with "Intel® HD Graphics 3000".

I went to the gateway website, and found the Intel VGA drivers for your NV77H.

Is this the file you downloaded? VGA_Intel_8.15.10.2272_W7x64.zip If not, please download it, uninstall the previous drivers you installed and install these.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
According to this the i3-2310M does come with "Intel® HD Graphics 3000".

I went to the gateway website, and found the Intel VGA drivers for your NV77H.

Is this the file you downloaded? VGA_Intel_8.15.10.2272_W7x64.zip If not, please download it, uninstall the previous drivers you installed and install these.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed! My game is fixed. I can't thank you enough.