Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:58 AM
The New Kingdom Challenge
So I haven't played the sims in a while, but I recently began playing again and decided why not make a new challenge? So here it is, the New Kingdom Challenge!

Backstory
A long time ago there lived a small fishing village, in the kingdom of Fabio. The Sims lived in peace until a group of bandits came through the village, stealing what little they had and eventually burning the town down. Few survived, and fled to the country side. They secluded themselves from the rest of the world, creating their own small kingdom. Its been two hundred years since the old fishing town has been destroyed, and your Sim has just stumbled upon the hidden town!

Rules
  • Choose whatever world you want
  • Keep your Sims alive! They can only die by old age. (This includes the guardians)
  • since you are an outsider, you have some extra restrictions until you earn the townsfolk's trust (See restrictions)
  • If all of your starting Sims die, it is game over, unless they have kids to carry on their family blood.

Starting out
Rule a 6 sided dice for the number of Sims. Then they can look however you wish, be whatever life state, and have whatever traits, it doesn't matter. You MUST move into a house that already has people living there. They are your guardians! They will be keeping an eye on you, and they will teach you how to succeed in this strange town. Since they are natives, they don't have to follow your restrictions. However, if they die at any point in the game (unless they have had children, which are still living in the house), then it is game over!

Restrictions
Your kids are not welcome here. You may not send your kids to the daycare or call a babysitter. Lift this restriction by having kids with one of the natives. You must raise the kid(s) from baby to teenager, and you can use birthday cake early only to age up from baby to toddler. Otherwise you must wait until it says "Congratulations, its so-and-so's birthday" to use the birthday cake.
They eat weird food, which will make you sick if you eat it. You can't eat out, purchase food from the grocery store, or order food. You can only eat home cooked and/or homegrown food. Lift this restriction by making it to level 10 of the culinary career.
They are unaccustomed to having pets, and only use animals for food. As such, you cannot have any major pets, and minor pets must be sold within 24 hours. Fish must be cooked or sold, and cannot be kept in a fishbowl or aquarium. Lift this restriction by becoming good friends or better with a cat, dog, horse, and unicorn. [pets only]
There is sorcery in the air! If you want to fit in, you need to learn our magic. You cannot buy or create any elixirs, magic bean bush things, or use any spells or magic. Lift this restriction by reaching level 10 of Alchemy skill. [Supernatural only]
They have a different language, so you can not read any books, even skill books! Lift this restriction by becoming good friends or better with a bookworm sim (so that they can tutor you), and reach level 10 in writing skill.
You must become one of them. After all of these restrictions are lifted, you must reach level ten of fishing skill to show that you truly belong. Only then will you receive their respect.

So that's about it! let me know how it goes!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
"Now, now, Syd. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative."
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't"
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 8:38 AM
Wow, that's a lot to take in but I'm deafatnly going to did it, thank you😊
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:48 PM
The town of LOL
Sounds like an intriguing challenge.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 2:19 PM
This sounds really cool! I'll definitely give it a try and give you updates to how my Sim goes in this town
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:53 AM
Sounds like a real hard challenge. It's gonna be tough getting so many level 10's but I'm up for the challenge!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM
Glad yins like it! Keep me posted on how it goes for you!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
"Now, now, Syd. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative."
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't"