Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#8651 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 3:46 PM
I found this out a long time ago, but never remembered to post it: Dina Caliente seems to have some sort of programming where she always gets a bad engagement memory. No matter if she marries Mortimer or Don, or if the marriage memory is good or bad, the memory for getting engaged is always bad for some reason. I wonder if there's a story or mechanical explanation for it...
Advertisement
Theorist
#8652 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 5:14 PM
I got a frozen sims for the first time.
Forum Resident
#8653 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 5:31 PM Last edited by CrystalFlame360 : 16th Nov 2020 at 5:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I found this out a long time ago, but never remembered to post it: Dina Caliente seems to have some sort of programming where she always gets a bad engagement memory. No matter if she marries Mortimer or Don, or if the marriage memory is good or bad, the memory for getting engaged is always bad for some reason. I wonder if there's a story or mechanical explanation for it...

Dina in my game has a positive engagement memory, though.
Screenshots

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Instructor
#8654 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 5:47 PM
There is a mod that fixes that i think twojeffs made it
Top Secret Researcher
#8655 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 9:58 PM
I tried university with 1 sim using a thinking cap without the knowledge lifetime reward, and the others used the lifetime reward without a thinking cap. There wasn't that big of a difference in efficiency. The other 2 maxed their skills a day or two after the one with the thinking cap. (All started with 0 skills.)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#8656 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 4:35 AM
I discovered that Chris Hatch's walk to/visit other sims mod has a control/stop controlling sim (make selectable/unselectable} feature built into it without the need for debug mode and you can use it anywhere.
Lab Assistant
#8657 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:47 PM
I discovered that there is a painting that has an animated feature of a river flowing and that sims could have this interaction wherein I deleted an object and their queue said 'Where did it go?'
Forum Resident
#8658 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 3:17 PM
Funnily enough, I had to delete a sim with the Move Objects cheat to fix them a year ago and a sim had run up to the spot where the previous sim was standing and did the 'Miss this object,' interaction. My thought process was just... is this what you thought of your friends?

Instructor
#8659 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 6:13 PM
Today I learned sims could three-way call. I had a sim try and call her boyfriend, but I forgot her roommate was on the phone upstairs already and a popup appeared asking if she wanted to join the conversation. I've been playing this game since release, and I'm still learning new things all the time!
Field Researcher
#8660 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Today I learned sims could three-way call. I had a sim try and call her boyfriend, but I forgot her roommate was on the phone upstairs already and a popup appeared asking if she wanted to join the conversation. I've been playing this game since release, and I'm still learning new things all the time!

This is from unlocking lifetime benefits of a Popularity Sim
Mad Poster
#8661 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 9:38 PM
While testing the pneumonia mod, I discovered that the welcome wagon is not in fact randomly selected. I loaded the same lot and quit without saving about six times, and each time the welcome wagon was exactly the same. I don't know how the welcome wagon is chosen, but it appears to be completely deterministic.
Lab Assistant
#8662 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 10:54 PM
So reputation can still drop if a sim can't perform something hostile like fighting due to routing. Tried it by having a sim blocked off and had the enemy spam their interaction que to fight. Tanked his reputation pretty quickly.
Mad Poster
#8663 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 11:14 PM
The same thing is true for reputation increases. I'll often have a sim go hug their spouse to fulfill the "have a good reputation" want, but sometimes they can't do it because they're spouse is busy, but they still get the increase and fulfill the want.
Mad Poster
#8664 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
This is from unlocking lifetime benefits of a Popularity Sim

No, that one works a little differently. Since the base game, if one member of the household is using the landline phone and another member of the household also tries to use the landline, the 2nd household sim will be asked if they want to join the conversation.

The Freetime Popularity perk works a little differently. A household member with the 3-Way Calling perk can make a normal phone call to an off-lot sim and that same household sim can then add a second off-lot sim to the phone call.
Field Researcher
#8665 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
No, that one works a little differently. Since the base game, if one member of the household is using the landline phone and another member of the household also tries to use the landline, the 2nd household sim will be asked if they want to join the conversation.

The Freetime Popularity perk works a little differently. A household member with the 3-Way Calling perk can make a normal phone call to an off-lot sim and that same household sim can then add a second off-lot sim to the phone call.

What!! So you can do three way calling with two members of the same household both on landlines regardless of their aspirations!!!

Now I've learned something I never knew.
#8666 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 4:17 AM
Two things:
-"Lick clean" for plates raises hunger but doesn't seem to change any other motives (I thought it would lower hygiene)
-When Sims get the extra want slot from vacation and the perk expires, it also rids the Sim of wants they had locked. Made me kinda mad.
Mad Poster
#8667 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
What!! So you can do three way calling with two members of the same household both on landlines regardless of their aspirations!!!

Now I've learned something I never knew.

I've never messed with the base game version much (I was mostly just annoyed that my kid couldn't call his friend because some other sim in the house was using the phone), but it may not be limited to 3-way calls. I don't know for sure, but I suspect the only limit on the number of sims in the conversation is the number of sims and landline phones you have in your house.
Field Researcher
#8668 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I've never messed with the base game version much (I was mostly just annoyed that my kid couldn't call his friend because some other sim in the house was using the phone), but it may not be limited to 3-way calls. I don't know for sure, but I suspect the only limit on the number of sims in the conversation is the number of sims and landline phones you have in your house.

I may experiment with this in the Picaso house where Ilana (nee Dreamer) has 8 kids at home while Matty is finishing university (he had to redo a couple terms). It would be nice for him to talk with several of his kids at once
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8669 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 4:39 PM
I was playing Pleasantview, haven't been there for a long time! It's looking good, I have actual clouds!

They are also visible from lot view (I'm using @Lazyduchess global mod.)

Notice anything else? @Sunrader 's Pleasanter View bridge! Herb and Coral have a view of the bridge at last.
Alchemist
#8670 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Notice anything else? @Sunrader 's Pleasanter View bridge! Herb and Coral have a view of the bridge at last.

Awwwwwwesome! Thanks for sharing!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8671 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 9:06 PM
It's very cool Sunrader- I just used it over top of the existing bridge, I haven't tried the replacement terrain yet. Thanks for making it! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#8672 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 12:38 AM
The fact that there was an IKEA in the world of the Sims before IKEA came along as an SP... by which I am referring to the "FLATWĂ–UD Dining Table by Iseeya." Even the description of this table makes it painfully obvious what it's supposed to be, and I kind of wonder if this came up in the EAxis meetings when they were looking at an actual IKEA SP... and I also wonder what other things I'm missing by so seldom actually reading object descriptions.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#8673 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 4:59 AM
I watched two sims playing kicky bag. One was without skills but another one has maxed body and sports enthusiasm. His play was impressive with several tricks but why he needs to play with open mouth?
Forum Resident
#8674 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 12:10 PM
I don't know if this has been said before, but I only just discovered that elders could encourage their adult children.

In my game, Jenny rolled the want to 'Encourage Johnny to be Nice,' and I was confused, because I'd never seen this want before and Johnny is an adult now. I thought the action was only for children and teens, so I felt closer to BFBVFS. Apparently, it is achievable and I worried for nothing.

Mad Poster
#8675 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I don't know if this has been said before, but I only just discovered that elders could encourage their adult children.

In my game, Jenny rolled the want to 'Encourage Johnny to be Nice,' and I was confused, because I'd never seen this want before and Johnny is an adult now. I thought the action was only for children and teens, so I felt closer to BFBVFS. Apparently, it is achievable and I worried for nothing.

I was just yesterday thinking if Dora Ottomas marries Nervous Subject, can she encourage him to be neater? I was thinking she can.
Page 347 of 445