Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spitballs and Glue: School Doesn't Tank Fun

by Nysha Posted 15th Jul 2011 at 1:38 AM - Updated 8th Aug 2011 at 8:00 PM by whiterider

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:37 PM
I hadn't noticed that personality affects fun gain/loss, however I sincerely doubt that this mod will affect that: all it does is change the base values, any modifiers should still be applied just as they always were.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 12:06 AM
I always hated how my Sims hated school. I never did, and still don't. Thanks! =]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 2:05 AM
Woah! This is a great idea! Now I don't have to worry about my kids and teen Sims to lose a lot of fun. I used to use boolprop testingcheatsenabled a lot just to edit my Sims Modder. But since that cheat is dangerous, I don't have to worry about it anymore, thanks to this mod. You should probably try to do the version with the Sims 3, though I never own it. I might test this out and see what happens. Again, thank you so much for this.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#54 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 3:50 AM
I'm 38 so I'm old enough to be your mom! LOL

Seriously, there were lots of fun aspects to school when I went, the biggest for me being marching band. And my son loves school too.

Thanks for this mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 4:55 AM
Thank you for this!
I'm off school for so long now but I remember that wasn't that bad and, at the moment I put my feet out of the school gate, my mood used to raise up instantly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 7:16 AM
This is exactly what I've been longing for! Thank you so much.

School was fun for me, at least the learning part. Bullies were another story. And those idiots who wouldn't shut up at class so the rest of us could hear the teacher. :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#57 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 4:41 AM
I swear I read this thread and was like...

"Why didn't I do this?"

I like that School dropped fun, but that amount... WAY too much. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 12:40 PM
This is awesome. It has always bothered me that some sims seem to hate school that much, and aren't able to do their homework until it's in the middle of the night!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:29 PM
Amazing this was never made before. Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:59 AM
I've been needing this since I first got the game years ago.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 8:09 PM
I might download it if I get sick of having my sims play piano for an hour after school... I find that pretty funny, you have fun doing something your parents (and goddess:D) want you to do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:12 PM
This is so handy! I always hated having kids & teens because they would be so unhappy all week. Thanks for the awesome mod!
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 7:23 PM Last edited by BillKGirl88 : 28th Jul 2011 at 9:50 PM.
Can you explain me how to install this on the Game Please? I have already downloadet Simpe, but I don't know how to install this Mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:06 AM
This is awesome. It really suits me since I almost love school. It doesn't suits for some of my class friends cuase they are totaly annachist scums and it's their fault íf they fails at life.
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:43 AM
i'm not sure why, but this doesn't work for me all the time =( i have the one that increases the 'fun' motive
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:24 AM
BillKGirl88, if you click the Install Instructions tab or the "Need help downloading or installing? Click this link!" link, you'll get to the instructions.

chocoholic22, if it doesn't work for you all the time, then it works some of the time? Is there any pattern as to when it does or doesn't work? Children, teens, private school, public school, chance cards, no chance cards etc?

Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:47 PM
hi whiterider, thanks for replying!

yes, it works some of the time. alternate days, in fact. am still trying to figure out why =/

will try with different houses or something
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:05 PM
Thanks so much! This's so useful.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:06 PM
...alternate days? o.O The hell? There's absolutely no logical reason for that to happen...

Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 5:56 PM
Hey whiterider, I tried it with Inge's school mods and apparanty it does not work on those schools. Just wanted to let you know.

«It isn't where you come from, it's where you're going that counts.»
EllaFitzgerald
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 7:58 PM
Thanks.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#72 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:50 AM
Great idea!
I have a similar attitude to kids: I want them to be a bit useful around the house, clean up, make their beds, help in the garden, build skills. A bit of that (gardening and a lot of toys) build skills, but really, as EA has it, you have to spend hours having the kids in a good mood again, then they have to do homeworks, and then you need the most expensive bed to get their energy all the way up by the time the school comes round. Swell.

I was tempted to take the "extra fun" version, but that would only fit for B+ or above students, your lazy C- student won't have that much fun in school. So, I'm going with the average.

Thanks a lot for this very helpful hack!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 6:05 PM
This is awesome. I came home from school with pretty much a balance. Sometimes it was fun sometimes not so fun, so having my fun meter in the red was not realistic. This helps. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 12:52 AM
You are so right! thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:31 PM
THX 4 the Hints how to install this!
Page 3 of 6