Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spitballs and Glue: School Doesn't Tank Fun

by Nysha Posted 15th Jul 2011 at 1:38 AM - Updated 8th Aug 2011 at 8:00 PM by whiterider

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#101 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 8:39 AM
Thank you so much!In my game there's absolutely no school anyway,so...but I might be using this when I actually PLAY the game(I'm using the game for storytelling and movie making purposes lol)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#102 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:06 PM
Definitely swiping! I agree - school (for me) certainly wasn't a barrel of laughs, but I did enjoy SOME of it; my fun bar certainly wasn't red upon getting off the bus!

Great job
Test Subject
#103 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 2:52 AM
Nice mod-though EA's attitude towards school is similar to what mine was, seeing how as high school sent me to the hospital a couple times...

True art is a single, fleeting moment, whether it be a kiss, a night breeze, or...A KICK-ASS ROCK CONCERT!!!!!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 8:17 AM
Well, yeah. But I want my sim kids to have happier childhoods than I did .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 10th May 2013 at 7:08 PM
i think you would get more fans on this download if you didnt put that offensive thing at the top.
And cmon be realistic, school sucks! the fun metre thinginmajig is realistic and i put the fun back up when they get back using boolprop, i see someone who made this mod is a mr goody two shoes? Hmmm? got a crush on a certain teacher
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 10th May 2013 at 7:40 PM
Which offensive thing?

Sure, school sucks for some kids. Some kids love it. I hated it, but see my previous post.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 13th May 2013 at 2:13 PM
Hmm how about sometimes school is fun and sometimes it's not?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 13th May 2013 at 2:36 PM
That would be a fantastic mod, and maybe I'll make it one day, but for now it's beyond my abilities.

Lab Assistant
#109 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 4:27 AM
Hmm... it works great, but my sims have started coming home at noon instead of three. Which on a normal occasion would be fine. But I didn't know they would be home at noon, so I didn't have a nanny come...and after two hours of being alone they were taken away. D: Is this part of your mod? I didn't see it in the description.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 11:45 AM
No, that's not part of the mod. It could be caused by a conflict, or by something which is causing your sims to reset while they're at school

This mod won't be conflicting with a mod specifically designed to alter school hours, assuming that that mod is well-made - I have my own school hours mod which I use alongside this. It could be a conflict with a mod which replaces the entire school 'career', though.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 6:37 AM
Thanks! I have a family of 32 (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, then addneighbortofamilycheat) and there are alot of kids. They always came home with drained fun, so they couldn't do their homework right away! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 9:46 PM
Thank you for making this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:42 PM
This is the most useful mod I've found lately! Excellent. I would enjoy having kids if their fun meter didn't drain so fast, so that they have to go play or something for hours, and then there's no time for anything but fulfilling basic needs in between school days. I have twin toddlers in my current family, and was dreading them growing up, but no fear now! Thanks!

(I specify kids because teens are a little less irritating when it comes to doing homework, but they're still not great at it.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 3:32 AM
This is great! I hated school, but the way the game is set-up, it's impossible to get your sim kids to do anything but go to school then spend the rest of the day rebuilding their fun until they fall asleep from exhaustion! Now they can actually do their homework, or try to build a skill!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:53 AM
Thank you, this is extremely useful. I had fun at school to the point where I miss it sometimes now. I installed the extra fun version because their fun meter is going to tank anyways once they do their homework.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#116 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 12:54 AM
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:38 AM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#118 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 2:02 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 2:06 AM
Thank you SO much, I find it hard to get my sims to ever do their homework because the fun tanks so intensely.
this will cut out a lot of testingcheats use for me!
Test Subject
#120 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 5:11 AM
I encountered something a little funny in my game. I installed the "no fun change" version and it seems to make it so my sims no longer bring homework home? I'm worried about their grades dropping since I don't have any homework for them to do.
My game has all the expansion and stuff packs, and this is the only school related mod I have (the only other mods are clothes and items)
I just wanted to let you know, I don't know if anyone else has encountered similar issues.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 11:34 AM
This mod doesn't affect homework at all, but it could cause this if it conflicted with another mod.

Test Subject
#122 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 4:35 AM
Found the problem! It was a bug in the game itself. Now I can go back to using this wonderful mod ^^ Sorry for the confusion!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 10:39 AM
I'm glad you've got it fixed!

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#124 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:23 PM
Love this mod - it's been in my downloads folder so long I forgot it was there.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 10:15 PM
This seems useful but I'm so indecisive. I don't know which one to do. I feel like a mod where it's random whether it decreases, stays the same, or increases would be the best for me, but I'm going to have to make a decision!
Page 5 of 6