Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE 1-SEP-2014) Salvaged Junkyard Objects Made Usable

by icarus_allsorts Posted 28th Mar 2014 at 3:02 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:02 AM
I absolutely love this! I always hated that things had to be replaced for full value, but this just makes it so much easier for when I want a house to look a little trashed! I also love that repairing takes longer - makes things a lot more realistic! Thank you so much, hun!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:48 AM
Thank you, this is a great idea! I've always found it a pity that you could only detonate salvaged objects.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:28 PM
Thanks man!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#54 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 2:34 PM
This is nice. The objects should have some value though, maybe 5% or 10% of the original? Just a suggestion.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
The objects should have some value though, maybe 5% or 10% of the original? Just a suggestion.

Yea, but personally money is a little too easy to come by in the game so I rather leave it as is
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 8:27 PM
How could the designers of this game have overlooked this? Always wanted this as an option and so glad you made it happen! My thrifty sims are thanking you!
THANKS POST
#57 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:41 AM
Gracias pero donde esta el mod para descargarlo
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:09 PM
Lovely! I have always wanted this mod ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 10:48 PM
I always did find that stupid that you couldn't repair certain objects you salvaged! Thanks so much! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 4:50 AM
SO happy to see this! Many, many thnks! It was making me crazy that we couldn't repair salvaged objects.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 7:44 PM
Hi, I am having a problem the only option I get on the item is to replace it not fix it.
Test Subject
#62 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:09 AM
I LOVE this! Thank you so much, although it would be great if you could somehow figure out a way to make regular furniture (i.e. sofas, beds, bookshelves, etc.) repairable or at least cleanable. Just something so that the "replace" option isn't there anymore.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zenda772
Hi, I am having a problem the only option I get on the item is to replace it not fix it.

Not all items can be repaired, specifically only items that can be broken and repaired in the first place like the electronics (and specially with this mod stoves) can be repaired. All other items (sofas, bookcases, exercise machines, dryers etc) don't have a repair option in the first place sadly.

Quote: Originally posted by egyptcheer
I LOVE this! Thank you so much, although it would be great if you could somehow figure out a way to make regular furniture (i.e. sofas, beds, bookshelves, etc.) repairable or at least cleanable..

Those would probably require new animations to suit the specific item (unless you don't mind seeing sims whacking a wrench or wiping thin air and the object magically fixes/cleans itself?).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 10:04 PM
well cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 2:52 PM
This is logic at it's finest. I have to agree with your first reaction on entering the junkyard and then becoming disappointed. I never understood the point of being able to salvage something you couldn't use. Excellent work and thank
THANKS POST
#66 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 11:10 PM
Awesome! I've always been a little irked that salvaged objects were unusable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:32 PM
this is what i needed, thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 5:12 AM
I immediately looked for this mod after salvaging an item, it's just common sense to fix things if they are broken, especially if you are going to put it in your house!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:13 PM
Smart and great idea ! Bravo !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#70 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 12:18 PM
Thanks!I'll need it when I've installed Ambitions.
Test Subject
#71 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:23 AM
I love it!! Thank you! I always hated how Sims couldn't do anything with those items :D
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:52 AM
Furniture Repair
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Not all items can be repaired, specifically only items that can be broken and repaired in the first place like the electronics (and specially with this mod stoves) can be repaired. All other items (sofas, bookcases, exercise machines, dryers etc) don't have a repair option in the first place sadly.

Those would probably require new animations to suit the specific item (unless you don't mind seeing sims whacking a wrench or wiping thin air and the object magically fixes/cleans itself?).

Let me just point this out because it's just silly. XD
Remember this is a Life Simulator, sure it may have some weird fantasy things but it does stay true to a lot of things, like having furniture (Couches, chairs, Etc.) not be repairable. Not everyone in real life is a Seamstress, so they're more likely to just throw it out, hence it being in the Junkyard in the first place. (I guess they could have come up with a sewing skill for people who are into patching up their old furniture)

Anyway, yeah it totally boggled me and made me feel stupid when I told myself, "Maybe you can replace it for less," and then bought a new one for the exact same price...
I haven't tried out the mod yet, but I will and then i'll send in my thanks if nothing breaks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:53 PM
This was my very first thought when I used the salvage interaction and realized it didn't salvage anything
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#74 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:41 PM
all i ever wanted... cant think of a better mod. ok, except for getting drunk at small good looking bars. so this is only my second favorite mod then... sorry man!
thanky you icarus_allherosorts of
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:40 PM
A lot of those mods I pretty much classify as you restoring the original intended features. My favourite kind of mod, next to bugfix mods.

The junkyards have driven me crazy since day one, what a wasted feature. It even said in many places that you COULD repair them, but you actually couldn't :/
Page 3 of 5