Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE 1-SEP-2014) Salvaged Junkyard Objects Made Usable

by icarus_allsorts Posted 28th Mar 2014 at 3:02 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:04 PM
I love this mod! Thank you so much, this always drove me nuts!

Question: Would you be willing to make a different flavor / separate package file that lets you sell the items once they've been restored? Or is there something in EAxis' coding that won't allow for that?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Test Subject
#77 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:02 PM Last edited by TheTimeVortex : 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: I have no idea what I'm doing
Ignore the previous content of this post, please! No idea what I'm doing, I re-read the description and tried it again and my Sim actually SAT DOWN in the salvaged chair to read his book! This mod is definitely working, and is AWESOME! <3 Before this mod I had a Sim that I had salvaged a dining set (dining table+dining chair) for and he would INSIST on taking his cereal and sitting on the toilet to eat it, and when I took the toilet away he would just eat standing!

I love this mod! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM
Logical, clever solution. That's how it should work in the first place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 7:46 PM
I love this mod. I always hated that too. I mean what's the point to salvaging if you cant actually use the object. Thanks so much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM
This was a frustrating and confusing part of the game for me. I stumbled onto this mod and I'm glad I did! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:07 AM
<3
Theorist
THANKS POST
#82 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 6:03 PM
Priceless!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 5:09 AM
Cool idea, thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#84 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 4:46 PM
I love this mod, but I do wish there was a configuration I could flip on to allow my sim sell the items as if they were on the "American Pickers" show.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#85 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:12 PM
Is there a way to make salvageable objects sell-able?
Instructor
#86 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:55 AM
Can you make it so chairs and furniture are fixable?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 10:33 AM
Thank you for this mod. Now the junkyard has finally a reason for me to be existant.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 1:37 PM
Just what I wanted! I heard a rumour when I first got the game that you needed 10 handiness and 10 inventing to do what this mod does. So silly! Thanks :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:27 PM
Fantastic mod. Like others, thoroughly enjoying its functionality. Thanks.
Test Subject
#90 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 10:38 AM
Has anyone tried this with patch 1.63? I still have not updated to patch 1.67. I am planning to, just haven't yet because I don't want to go though all of my mod's updating them. (I know I have severial which are not compatable with 1.67, though updates have been release for most if ot all of them.)

Dyn
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 4:27 PM
This is awesome, thanks. :D
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#92 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 11:32 PM
I am wondering if the cleaning interaction (something similar to the one used on the dirty stoves or counter tops) can be added to charred furniture and objects so when the charred object is salvaged, the Sim can take it home to "clean" it and then sell it for a profit. Kind of like what I have seen people do in thrift stores when they go in and purchase old items. They take them home and clean them up to sell on eBay IRL.

Hopefully this isn't too late to see if it can be done.
Instructor
#93 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
I am wondering if the cleaning interaction (something similar to the one used on the dirty stoves or counter tops) can be added to charred furniture and objects so when the charred object is salvaged, the Sim can take it home to "clean" it and then sell it for a profit. Kind of like what I have seen people do in thrift stores when they go in and purchase old items. They take them home and clean them up to sell on eBay IRL.

Hopefully this isn't too late to see if it can be done.

Yeah, I'd love to see that as long as it also gets rid of the Sim with that no icon thinking its broken.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:04 PM
I'm so glad you worked this out! I've been so frustrated. Thanks!
Test Subject
#95 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:25 PM
Has this mod been tested to work "against" the following repair techniques?:

1. Restoration Ritual (Witch spell)
2. Recombobulate (Alien ability)
3. Reassemble Components (HandiBot trait chip interaction for Plumbots)

Might be a little cheaty to use one of those on a salvaged item, personally.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:32 PM
THANK YOU
Test Subject
#97 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:57 PM
Love the mod thanks! Just one question, are the salvaged objects supposed to give the dirty surroundings moodlet? Becuase sometimes my sims get it and sometimes not, also one of the chairs is now worth a lot of simoleons, rather then zero?
Test Subject
#98 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Not all items can be repaired, specifically only items that can be broken and repaired in the first place like the electronics (and specially with this mod stoves) can be repaired. All other items (sofas, bookcases, exercise machines, dryers etc) don't have a repair option in the first place sadly.

Those would probably require new animations to suit the specific item (unless you don't mind seeing sims whacking a wrench or wiping thin air and the object magically fixes/cleans itself?).

This may be pie in the sky but maybe you could add an interaction that perhaps cost a certain amount to simulate repair cost and allowed the object to become "clean" that is castable again and gave it a small value. Maybe it could only show if a sim had a certain level of artistic or handy skill. As for the animation that seems a small thing...perhaps the street art spray paint for the floor mural could be re-purposed. I know its silly to see them spray paint an upholstered piece of furniture but personally it wouldn't bother me.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#99 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 1:31 AM
Trying this out now- I had this idea in my head of a quasi-profession refurbishing and selling salvaged furniture and other items. I'm not familiar with coding mods for Sims 3, but do you think there's there a way to tweak this so that items salvaged still have some value, say 30-50% of their original price?

eta: Oops! Nevermind, I hadn't finished reading the thread- I see you never intended it to do something like that. Thanks anyway!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 5:13 AM
Thanks! I was both disappointed & confused by salvaged items being unusable...like WTF, did the devs even know what the word "salvage" means?
Page 4 of 5