Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#9276 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 5:31 PM
For a player like me, who easily loses track of my Sims especially in larger households, that air conditioner mod has been a literal lifesaver because they autonomously go cool themselves off before reaching the point of heatstroke.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9277 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 7:45 PM
Test Subject
#9278 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 7:58 PM
I'll definitely have to grab that AC mod, for survival's sake. I pay so little attention to sim temperature as to sometimes forget it exists; it's frankly astounding that Vidcund's hiking heatstroke was the first time I've ever faced any consequences for my negligence.
Mad Poster
#9279 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:05 PM
I think I just came up with a work-around for all the times the autonomy check refuses to work. A lot of my modding revolves around making Sims behave more sensibly, and there's a few projects I wanted to do that I had to abandon because the code to test for autonomy simply refused to work. I was taking a stroll down memory lane looking at all my past uploads, and my hidden interactions stuff gave me an idea. What if I duplicate interactions I want to limit autonomy on, hiding the autonomous one from pie menu and doing changes to the test for that one, and changing the regular visible one to not allow autonomy at all?

BV beach interactions, will you at last be conquered? Time will tell.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#9280 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:46 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone autonomously unclog a toilet before. Cyd Roseland, ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9281 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:26 AM
Ooh, I've never seen that either! He is a knowledge sim?
Test Subject
#9282 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:24 AM
When you relocate a sim's grave via the 'move this grave' interaction, their ghost might appear for a moment and wave goodbye before they disappear for good. Discovered this while sending Pascal off to his eternal resting place in Strangetown's new crypt.
Scholar
#9283 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ooh, I've never seen that either! He is a knowledge sim?

Yes, he certainly is.
Mad Poster
#9284 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 2:22 AM
I have pixels autonomously fix and unclog the toilets. Mostly because they need to use them! it's so helpful when they do it, but they do not clean it afterward. Then again, I'm the one who has pixels drop by and babysit children if there are no parents around. Don't even have to ask them. They can be anyone-friends, strangers, relatives. They're all one community, after all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9285 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 2:29 AM
I think all of my sims must be too lazy! I see the wish to repair sometimes, but I like the repairmen so I usually call them in. I'll have to try leaving things broken for a while!
Test Subject
#9286 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 1:00 AM
When you send sims off to college, their friends back in the main hood sometimes call up their old house looking for them. Ripp Grunt calls the Curious family at least twice a week asking after Vidcund's son. It's starting to drive me nuts. If he wasn't there the first six times you called, why would he be there now?
Mad Poster
#9287 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 9:03 PM
I'm sure people have known this for a while, because it literally says it in the description when picking foundations... but you can make higher foundations if you hold down shift. At first I thought it was a glitch

Edit: as for sims autonomously fixing things. I've seen it a few times, I think their mechanic skill has to be high/maxed. Anyone know what causes nannies to autonomously put toddlers on the potty? It seems to happen so rarely in my game...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#9288 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:29 PM
Mine mentions shift too, but doesn't seem to make a difference when I hold down shift. Still 4 clicks high. But still neat, I never noticed that text

Edit: My bad, missed the part about it needing to be over a foundation. Bit too high up for my taste, hits the 2nd floor

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#9289 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmaline
When you send sims off to college, their friends back in the main hood sometimes call up their old house looking for them. Ripp Grunt calls the Curious family at least twice a week asking after Vidcund's son. It's starting to drive me nuts. If he wasn't there the first six times you called, why would he be there now?

I've never had that happen. Are you sure Vidcund's son isn't loitering invisibly on the home lot?
Mad Poster
#9290 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Mine mentions shift too, but doesn't seem to make a difference when I hold down shift. Still 4 clicks high. But still neat, I never noticed that text

Edit: My bad, missed the part about it needing to be over a foundation. Bit too high up for my taste, hits the 2nd floor

Haha I wasn't sure if it had to be over a foundation or not. I obviously only tried it out over a foundation. Yeah, I'm not really sure what its purpose is... Nice to know though

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#9291 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I've never had that happen. Are you sure Vidcund's son isn't loitering invisibly on the home lot?

This happens to me - not just when sims go to college, but any time they move, and even if they die, there is a non-zero chance that someone will get stuck eternally queued up to call them. Short of the old move-out-and-move-back-in trick I don't know how to fix it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9292 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I have pixels autonomously fix and unclog the toilets. Mostly because they need to use them! it's so helpful when they do it, but they do not clean it afterward. Then again, I'm the one who has pixels drop by and babysit children if there are no parents around. Don't even have to ask them. They can be anyone-friends, strangers, relatives. They're all one community, after all.

The first time one of my sims invited a townie inside and the townie went to fix the broken shower, I thought my game may have been corrupted
Lab Assistant
#9293 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 10:07 AM

If I remember correctly that happens only with "follow-up-calls" to successfull dates/outings ("I / my family member / my friend had a terrific time. Want to do this again?").
Unfortunately, as Peni said, the only ways to stop this are either moving the whole family out of their home or moving the person they are calling for back in so they can actually take the call. Otherwise those calls will continue for all of eternity, even after the person they are trying to call dies.
Forum Resident
#9294 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 3:00 PM

Have you tried CJH_PhoneCallsFix by Chris Hatch ? It may not be the exact same issue but the fix may work.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
#9295 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quietscheente
If I remember correctly that happens only with "follow-up-calls" to successfull dates/outings ("I / my family member / my friend had a terrific time. Want to do this again?").
Unfortunately, as Peni said, the only ways to stop this are either moving the whole family out of their home or moving the person they are calling for back in so they can actually take the call. Otherwise those calls will continue for all of eternity, even after the person they are trying to call dies.

Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Have you tried CJH_PhoneCallsFix by Chris Hatch ? It may not be the exact same issue but the fix may work.

I'm fairly sure that's exactly what happened. Shame on me for sending the poor boy on a date right before he left town! The kids are coming back from college on my next rotation, so hopefully poor Ripp will finally be freed from phone purgatory, but I'll definitely be picking that mod up in hopes that this never happens again.
Forum Resident
#9296 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 8:07 PM
After playing Veronaville for a hella long time, only now I realize that Kent is living with Regan and Cornwall because he was fired from his job. He has no memory of it, but Cornwall's bio says so. I have no idea what headcanon I had to make sense of his staying with Regan, but I never even considered this.
Mad Poster
#9297 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
After playing Veronaville for a hella long time, only now I realize that Kent is living with Regan and Cornwall because he was fired from his job. He has no memory of it, but Cornwall's bio says so. I have no idea what headcanon I had to make sense of his staying with Regan, but I never even considered this.
I thought Kent was living with Regan and Cornwall because Cornwall had made such an effort to make him feel welcome.

When I first moved Regan, Cornwall and Kent into their house at 201 Custer Boulevard, I just moved them in, saved and quit, without playing them further. So my first real meeting with this family was when they came as the Welcome Wagon for my teen Jamie Siddons. Jamie was the first teen in my game to live independently i.e. without an adult. Jamie was living in the little house at 37 Mendoza Lane, and for company he was sharing it with another teen -- ex-townie Jihoon LeTourneau. Jihoon was the first townie in my game to become playable. I think it was Jamie and Jihoon's first day in the house, that the doorbell rang about half past twelve. Actually they probably heard the fighting before they heard the bell! When they opened the door, there in their front garden they saw the Welcome Wagon from Hell. Cornwall was poking, slapping and insulting Kent at every opportunity he got. Whenever he got the chance Kent was poking Cornwall back. I think Regan was doing her best to ignore the behaviour of her husband and her brother. (I know in her place I'd be profoundly embarrassed.) The boys did their best to make polite conversation with their guests, but it was anything but easy. Being an ex-townie, Jihoon had a teen job as shift manager at a fast food outlet. (Romeo and Mercutio were working under him -- as dishwashers if I remember rightly.) Jihoon was delighted when his carpool arrived. Never in his life was he so glad to leave the house and go to work. But that left poor Jamie trying to entertain the family from Hell on his own. He tried to feed them, and he spent most his time trying to chat with Cornwall, in the hope of persuading the latter to stop molesting Kent. He was heartily glad when Jihoon returned from work and the "guests" went home.

The effect of all this was to make Cornwall and Regan my un-favourite couple in the game. When it was their turn to get a Welcome Wagon visit, as well as Edward Mellon the townie, they got teens Jack Gill and Ravi Bertino. (Kent was out at work, working long hours in a badly paid and menial job in the textiles trade, but at least it kept him from getting under Cornwall's feet.) I nearly cheered when Jack somehow got into Regan and Cornwall's locked bedroom and autonomously helped himself to the fruit of their money trees!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#9298 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:19 PM
That fiasco is *so* in character for Regan and her family, it's unbelievable
"Hey, uh, Mrs Capp, who are those people killing each other over there?"
"Oh, that's my husband and brother, don't worry about them, they do this all the time"

Also side note, was Kent's textile job a custom career, or something you did with like OFB or something?
Mad Poster
#9299 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 7:19 PM
Kent's job is in Kittylynn74's Textiles Career. I see Veronaville as a town with a long tradition in textiles. In the middle ages it was a "wool town"; wealthy clothiers would exchange bills in its market. The present Market (a Grade 1 listed building) dates from the late 16th century. The upper storeys were originally used to warehouse wool and the general agricultural produce of the district. It is believed that an attack of death watch beetle led to their collapse in the early 19th century. Andrew is doing a school history project on it.

Today, after centuries of decline, and decades blighted by near-criminal feuding, Veronaville is undergoing something of a renaissance. Still a centre of textile manufacture, the town is gaining a reputation today for avante garde fashion. Increasing numbers of people are finding employment as models, fashion designers, and in fashion retailing. Veronavillians can be seen wearing things in the street that elsewhere would only found on the most exotic of catwalks.

By the way, about eight years after the events described above, Kent has now been promoted to "Lapper", one grade above the starting grade of Apprentice. As a Lapper Kent is "responsible for making sure the raw cotton fibres are clean and free from any debris before it is fed into the carding machines". For this important contribution Kent is paid the princely sum of ยง230 for a nine-hour day. Promotion can be slow in my game, which is possibly why my Sims don't grow filthy rich the way other people's Sims seem to do. Kent has moved out of 201 Custer Boulevard and in to a new house next door, which he shares with his boyfriend Daniel Allison. I suppose it's more interesting than skilling for a promotion.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#9300 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 3:03 AM
Sims can dream about hobbies, and they gain a tiny amount of enthusiasm in that hobby every time they do. Not sure if they can dream about any hobby, or only hobbies they already have some enthusiasm for. If they dream of a hobby that they already have max enthusiasm for, they'll get in the zone for a split second, complete with that 'vwooom' sound effect. Took me a minute figure out where it was coming from with everyone in the house asleep.
Page 372 of 442