Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 7:41 PM
Default Translating craftables' names
Hello,

I am creating new neighborhood that I would like to publish one day and I would like to make it translated into many languages depending on the game's language. There will be some craftables (toys, flowers, robots). Is it possible to translate their names which are given before creating them? Is it possible to find them in SimPE after opening the lots' files? I have tried but for now I am unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 1:37 AM
Do you mean the generic names like "CleanBot" and "HydroBot" or given names of for instance Servos and named toy robots, or something else entirely?

The generic names should already be translated. Not entirely sure if the given names can be translated in the way you suggest, at least not easily - there's a list for randomized townie names (this one is editable and can be/is already translated), but that list doesn't randomize names in the boxes for player-made given names.

In the case of given names, the easiest would be to either leave them unnamed, inactivated (in the case of servos), or to choose names that work for as many languages as possible.

If you mean something else, can you try to explain some more?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
It's always good to see someone making a new neighborhood for the sims 2 I love Custom Neighborhood, that is my favorite Custom Content, as for translations what language are you trying to translate them into English? French? German? I don't think language even matters in the software department, but I could be wrong. All games as far as I know should be able to run your neighborhood as long as it's done properly, As for uploading it? that is a different story, I created one but I never got to upload it to the main site because it is not in a clean hacked state/stauts, because it has townies in it that were automatically generated by the game, before I created it and it is marked as a N004 not sure how others rename their hoods other then the default names given by the game.
Yeah, I know my neighborhood would work without translating it, but I want to make some translations of names and surnames, lots, descriptions etc. and craftables' names also.

For renaming neighborhoods see that post: https://modthesims.info/showthread....897#post4130897

Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
You need to know how to use Clean Templates in order for it to be accepted here I think
Sorry but you may need to ask around before uploading your neighborhood or post it here when you finished it

https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=611

I have removed all Stealth Hoods templates so they are not included into my neighborhood.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you mean the generic names like "CleanBot" and "HydroBot" or given names of for instance Servos and named toy robots, or something else entirely?

The generic names should already be translated. Not entirely sure if the given names can be translated in the way you suggest, at least not easily - there's a list for randomized townie names (this one is editable and can be/is already translated), but that list doesn't randomize names in the boxes for player-made given names.

In the case of given names, the easiest would be to either leave them unnamed, inactivated (in the case of servos), or to choose names that work for as many languages as possible.

If you mean something else, can you try to explain some more?

I want to translate the craftables' given names so I mean the ones you put in the window before Sim starts making those things.

For Sims' names I just open their characters files and change it in CTSS resource using SimPE. There is the list of all languages and I can put name and surname and Sim Description for each language so when you have e.g. Italian language of game their name and surname is also in Italian. The same I would like to do for specific craftables' already made by my Sims.