Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:42 PM
I just found the mooooooooon!

I wonder if I can mod it to make it look like an alien moon. X3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM
syera your female blue sim looks just like my male blue sim! Heck, they could be twins or something!!! What are the chances?!

I notice that you can keep ghosts around your house if you want to, but you can take them away aswell. My wife sim ... err, died (after I killed her), and her ghost kept scaring my male sim away, so I just sold the urn thru my male sim's inventory and she went away!

Nifty if you don't want a ghost sim around if it conflicts with your other sims!

PS: I killed her because after I married her, she turned out to have a kid, which I didn't have money to support at the time, plus both of them had unlucky, and she had slob traits. I just put them both inside a room without doors and let them starve :p
Scholar
#178 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mormoran
syera your female blue sim looks just like my male blue sim! Heck, they could be twins or something!!! What are the chances?!

I notice that you can keep ghosts around your house if you want to, but you can take them away aswell. My wife sim ... err, died (after I killed her), and her ghost kept scaring my male sim away, so I just sold the urn thru my male sim's inventory and she went away!

Nifty if you don't want a ghost sim around if it conflicts with your other sims!

PS: I killed her because after I married her, she turned out to have a kid, which I didn't have money to support at the time, plus both of them had unlucky, and she had slob traits. I just put them both inside a room without doors and let them starve :p

No wonder she enjoyed scaring him!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
I discovered that cops can dig in people's garbage and then write reports. My Duke Nukem sim was exploring the garbage of a very, very rich family and found a precious stone there. Lol, why should anyone throw a gem into the garbage?

I also discovered there's a Servo statue in the hall of the science building.

I also discovered this:

Is there a Yeti Rights Movement in Sunset Valley? Or is it a subtle hint that there'll be an EP like Bon Voyage?

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:51 AM
I discovered that with the Omni plant you can grow ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING, I'm currently growing gardening books...
Test Subject
#181 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:09 PM
I discovered that it is possible to place Mood Lite Candles on the most expensive baths, and that you can put items on that desk with shelves (The Rollin' Secretary).
Also, If you are in the Create-a-pattern screen, you can drag a pattern down from the left side window onto an object, and get a box asking you if you want to replace the pattern with the one that you just dragged down onto it.
Forum Resident
#182 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:18 PM
I discovered that sims get a Stir Crazy moodlet if they haven't been out of the house for days.
Inventor
#183 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
I discovered that sims get a Stir Crazy moodlet if they haven't been out of the house for days.

Yep, the only time I ever saw that was with a Loves Outdoors sim that was pregnant and I kept at home (inside) to watch over another child. I didn't even know there was a moodlet for "stir crazy" until that one popped up.
Test Subject
#184 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:59 PM Last edited by xxnae : 1st Jul 2009 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by greeneyedsims
Kevin took out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from the fridge, and put it in the food processor and served it to his toddler daughter, Tiffany, for lunch! I had no idea they could make baby food.

Another discovery was through a friend at another forum (N99), you can increase/decrease their motives with your mouse! Just put your mouse arrow on the motive bar (the green part - just left click on it and hold it down) and slide it over! Your game must be in Play not Pause.

Now, I'm not sure if this is due to AwesomeMod or not. (I have it installed.) But I LOVE this feature! I can bump up their Energy, Bladder, Hygiene, etc., to whatever I want, without typing in any cheat.

You can also slide their Relationship bars, too!

no...
this is really old
TS2 had it as well, it comes with the testingCheatsenabled cheat
although in TS2 you had to wait abut an hour for the glitch to come in

ts3 just happens,
yes, you can do it with the relationship bars as well
but unlike in TS2 you cant drag up the skill bars which made me sad
another thing is that you can shift click on negative or positive moodlets to get rid of them
in the sims 2 you could shift click on wants or fears to fulfil them

and yes, it decresases and increases your mood

im still trying to find a way to fulfil wishes with this cheat,
im also trying to find a way to drag the skill up
or instantly get full skill points.
its different to TS2 :/
Test Subject
#185 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:13 PM
I have discovered I have a female Sim who has a lifetime wish to be a Golddigger! This was an autonomous choice. I may have to help her!
Test Subject
#186 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:17 PM
I discovered a glitch, making npc sims into dwarfs... Looks freaky...
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Staseycat
Also, If you are in the Create-a-pattern screen, you can drag a pattern down from the left side window onto an object, and get a box asking you if you want to replace the pattern with the one that you just dragged down onto it.

You can drag the whole pattern too. AND the color you want into another style and whatnot. Seriously, dragging is such an important and time-saving feature in sims 3, it kills my brain a bit to think most people don't know of it. Lol. I noticed it right away, because it's logical, but since most people who play the sims only use their computer for messenger and web, and they don't even know what a browser is, well :P

Most people, I mean.

Serves them right.
Test Subject
#188 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joefish
I discovered that with the Omni plant you can grow ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING, I'm currently growing gardening books...

Hahahahaha! That's so funny!
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:40 PM
I discovered this a few days ago.

In order to get more out of your life fruit, go into Options and decrease the lifespan to the minimum.

Exit options; nom life fruit.

Go back into options; set your lifespan to whatever you had it before.
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:39 PM
what i learned today is that if are in a bad mood not in the motives but in this thing:

If you use TCET cheat you can CTRL SHIFT and CLICK on it and they will go away and you wont have to wait for them to get in a better mood.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
I discovered that one when I had a Sim with a stuck Disgusted moodlet. I got so desperate I CTRL-clicked on it hoping to zap it.
Instructor
#192 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:28 AM
The more challenges for Charisma you complete, the easier it is to make friends. I have a sim that has completed all of them except the joke one and after an introduction she is friends with the other. The more of them you complete the bigger boost you get on the starting relationship.
Inventor
#193 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM
Well, if you max out Charisma then you will become instant friends with anyone that you first greet and you won't need to do any challenges. Just stating as an alternative.
#194 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:41 AM
I discovered this doing a test of the game.This sim and her husband lives next to her exboyfriend and previous roomate.She and her ex are still best friends and spend a lot of time togeather.The ex is enemies with her husband because the husband ask her to break up with him and she said yea then she married her husband.

I played the ex and made him invite her over.He invited her to cuddle on the sofa and she accepted.I then had him kiss and makeout with her and she accepted in fact they made out 5 times in a row.Her husband was next door and didn't notice.I had them makeout again and right at the beginning saved then after saving paused and went to edit neighborhood and switched back to her husband at his house.After loading his house I quickly paused then panned the camera to the window and unpaused and they started making out on the sofa.He had his arm wrapped around her and it was pretty long.

After making out they continued to cuddle her ex had his arm around her.They cuddled till someone visited then stopped and he went to the door.I could control her since she was her husbands wife so I had her leave and go back to the husbands house.

The point is thou that this could make for some great movie making.
Field Researcher
#195 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:06 PM
I discovered you can move stuff from one sims inventory to another by droping it on there pic.
Field Researcher
#196 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingeborgsk
Quote: Originally posted by niloc
I discovered today that babys wonder the streets on there own, i have no idea where this baby was going , i had my camera follow it for 4 blocks it stoped now and then to sit and have a cry then off it would go again lol.

mm maybee i should have had my sim pick it up to see if i could keep it lol, i was on my Vagabond challenge sim at the time though. i can hardly keep her alive let alone a baby

Wtf, that happened to me too! And it was the same baby o__O It was crawling around at the streed, and it was far from all the rest of the houses! Creepy baby...

I saw that baby. He's the baby of... poop I cant remember the family name. But his dad brought him to the park, sat down to read a paper and the baby wanders off. His grandmother (I'm assuming it was because she was old and had the same last name) waved at him, then I panned out to see what other townies were doing, panned back to where the baby was and he was gone. Dad was still at the park (now watching someone play checkers) and grandmother had just come out of the bathroom. The baby was no where in sight.

One thing I just noticed in sims 3 is they will sing in the shower. Forgive me if they did that in the sims 2 (I have never seen that so to me its new )

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Test Subject
#197 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:41 PM
I found out that I like building in TS3 more than I did in TS2. I also discoved that playing without cheats sucks. And that my sims are very stupid. I had a sim with lifetime wish to become a rock star, but when I wasn't playing his family he chose the orchastra carrer track. _-_ I changed his lifetime wish though, so it's okay. I'll just have his daughter or one of his sons become a rockstar instead.
Test Subject
#198 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:53 PM
I found out that sims (at least Teen sims) can ask another to be BFF's.
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:30 PM
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I noticed that unlike TS2, TS3 recognizes in-laws as family members. This could definitely reduce some potentially awkward situations which often came up in the previous game...
Test Subject
#200 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dark Angel: Version 4.0
I learned that I love to torture my athletic Sim by making her jog to and from work. Seriously, it's hilarious as heck to pan out and watch her jog from her house to the stadium. Of course, I have to get her to leave the house at exactly the right time so she can get to work at the right time, otherwise I start getting those "She's late for work" messages.

I was playing my sunset valley legacy, and to make it all the way across town from that rich neighborhood with the huge lots all the way to the stadium, I would have to make her start jogging at 10 AM and she would still be late to work, which starts at 3 PM. Kind of unrealistic, but funny
Page 8 of 490