1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#11676 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 1:28 AM
I'm not disappointed or anything, I chose to build those lots and it adds something to the overall look of the neighbourhood (and the lot imposters actually work decently for once) and story-wise the stadium has a bit of lore on why it was built. It's just an observation I've gathered from my recent endeavours, it's seems like recently this is the kind of lot I've been into. The stadium itself is not 100% useless, there are the football goals and a food stand, but for the most part it's mostly just decoration. Expensive decoration. The only disappointment I have is that I really wanted to build this in a huge lot, 10x10 or something like that, much like a park I had built some time ago, but since the lot imposters get messed up it defeats the entire purpose of the lot. Sad...

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11677 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 2:31 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 4th Jan 2023 at 2:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Why oh why, though, did I spend so long with level titles and descriptions when I'm the only one who's going to see them???

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@ Devon Aster I do stuff like this, I'm the only one who is ever going to see some of the things I do in my game but I still spend ages on the detail! It's fun though, right?

You do it for your Sims of course. They're going to have to work in those jobs, live in those houses and visit those community lots. So you make everything as well as you can for your Sims. Because you love them!

All this talk about stadiums has made me think that we really need one in Veronaville, especially since my friend Gloria is the star player for the Veronaville All-Stars. I'm cheating more than a bit here, as I'm using Criquette's neighbourhood deco Large Soccer stadium, which I downloaded some time ago. I don't think there's room for a big sports stadium in old Veronaville, so the new stadium will be in a previously undeveloped part of downtown Veronaville, at the far end of King Street. Criquette's stadium contains no actual buildings, so I've moved it a little way away from the street, to allow me to add some. At the moment they are little more than mock-up shells, but I hope they will eventually include a stand with some tiered seating, changing facilities, and possibly a small shop and a café.

Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#11678 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Devon Aster I do stuff like this, I'm the only one who is ever going to see some of the things I do in my game but I still spend ages on the detail! It's fun though, right?

It was actually kinda inspiring! I've been wanting to poke at custom careers for a while now. With the career edit tool in SimPE, it's not so bad getting one set up. I'll have to think about what careers I might want to implement.
Mad Poster
#11679 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 8:44 AM
@Justpetro I love that, especially the way you did the flower decals to make the colours on the hills. [/QUOTE]

Thanks In RL, this is one of the places where my country's famous wildflowers grow - part of a long flower route for tourists - and when I made the map, there had to be flowers
Instructor
#11680 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 2:21 AM
I decided to play with the Brokes today. Beau didn't manage to learn the potty skill, though he did learn to walk and talk. Dustin is being Dustin. And Unborn Baby Broke is... a girl?! I'm guessing either the RPC Launcher or Tarlia's clean templates fixed this, but I was so surprised when I saw he was a she.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#11681 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I decided to play with the Brokes today. Beau didn't manage to learn the potty skill, though he did learn to walk and talk. Dustin is being Dustin. And Unborn Baby Broke is... a girl?! I'm guessing either the RPC Launcher or Tarlia's clean templates fixed this, but I was so surprised when I saw he was a she.

Yes, that’s one of the fixes Tarlia made. Unborn Baby Broke is always a boy because he’s a genderswapped clone of Brandi, which is what you get when there’s no designated father for the game to draw genetic information from. Tarlia linked Brandi’s pregnancy controller to the late Skip so the birth would be a normal one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11682 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 1:01 AM
I've been thinking of playing in my TOT challenge in my new custom town of Arbor Valley for a while today to get it ready for moving the first couple in.I might also play in my Pleasantview game and go back in time to visit 17th century Pleasantview.I've got the service center building under construction in Pleasantview though only a few walls are up already.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11683 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 5:00 PM
I bought a laptop Intel i5, 16gb, intel iris graphic card, win10... Ok, the pink flashing disappeared and I can play the sims just using graphic rules and rpc!!! With all the cc I want!!

My desktop computer with a NASA graphics card will never open the sims again.
Field Researcher
#11684 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 6:46 PM
So, I have this sim. Her name is Paola, she's in her second year in college and she lived with her parents and her younger brothers. However, she meddled with one of her professors and instead of an easy A+ she had triplets

Anyway, they all lived together for a while but sometimes a household of 9 is too much for me when their house isn't big enough; so Paola had to move out. Before getting her a house, I momentarily moved her into one of my hotels/motels so she could sort things out and get her money out of her bank account.

And when the four of them are moved in, I thought two of the toddlers were not showing up in the motel yet because I couldn't see them right away, but it just turns out that the employees of the motel are holding them

"Don't worry, we know you can't carry three kids at the same time. Go and settle in your room, and we'll take care of them; take your time!"

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#11685 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 1:11 PM
Some time ago, I was complaining about a strange glitch in my game (CTD at random times, usually when I add a new mod or CC). Today, after a lot of procrastinating and several torrential rainstorms in my area making me want to do nothing but bundle up and play Skyrim instead, I decided to fire up HCDU to see if there's anything to glance from my mod folder.

And oh boy, it was a mess. I had two copies of BoilingOil's Slow Aging Controller in different sub-folders--I had conflicts aplenty from a bunch of small mods that do opposite things, I had a merged CC file conflicting with another merged CC file, and a mod that should load after another mod, but accidentally loaded before due to it starting with an upper case (upper cases load before lower cases, I learned that now)... There was a bit of everything in there

Cleaned everything up to the best of my ability; removed duplicate mods, sorted load orders, removed conflicting mods (except the ones I know are supposed to conflict), then hesitantly started my game to see if it made a difference. I could get through two in-game days, without a crash. Not sure if that means I'm in the clear yet, but I'm hopeful :D

(Sorry for my bad grammar; English isn't my first language.)
Mad Poster
#11686 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 4:56 PM
I need to set up an account with WorldAnvil or something similar so I can start organizing all my Westfall universe medieval lots, and get my worldbuilding more organized...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11687 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 7:21 AM
I know that when my town starts getting disorganized with mixed lot sizes right next to each other it's clearly time for the first shopping district to be added to start on cleanign it up.
Lab Assistant
#11688 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 3:19 PM
I just remembered to never change a running system. I watched a youtube video yesterday about Sims 2 fixes and among them was of course Graphics Rules Maker. Since I had some graphic glitches, I decided to try their instruction. Yeah, no, I should just Graphics Rules Makers detection. With the new setting, I suddenly experienced the infamous pink flashing which I never had before. So I set it back to whatever GRM recommended and it is running fine now. I also added the RPC launcher and shadow fix and one of them, my guess is shadow fix, finally fixed my graphic bugs I had been dealing with for over a year now. Finally I can have round corners on pools again and I no longer have flickers where some things aren't rendered.
Top Secret Researcher
#11689 Old 12th Jan 2023 at 3:07 PM
Being in the middle of winter irl and just starting spring in my current hood, I have to say this game has the spring soundtrack down pat. Hearing the little birds chirping and other spring sounds as a family loads sparked almost the same brightness in my mind as hearing it in real life does.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#11690 Old 12th Jan 2023 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
I just remembered to never change a running system. I watched a youtube video yesterday about Sims 2 fixes and among them was of course Graphics Rules Maker. Since I had some graphic glitches, I decided to try their instruction. Yeah, no, I should just Graphics Rules Makers detection. With the new setting, I suddenly experienced the infamous pink flashing which I never had before. So I set it back to whatever GRM recommended and it is running fine now. I also added the RPC launcher and shadow fix and one of them, my guess is shadow fix, finally fixed my graphic bugs I had been dealing with for over a year now. Finally I can have round corners on pools again and I no longer have flickers where some things aren't rendered.

That's a good idea: "Don't fix what ain't broke".

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#11691 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 5:52 PM
Playing a household of 10 with 6 vampires who love to go out in the sun when I'm not watching is a nightmare. Just rage-quitted The Sims 2.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Inventor
#11692 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 6:06 PM
I'm absolutely loving the shiftable everything mod. It's so easy to decorate and clutter with move objects and snap to grid off. There is still the occasional time that something wants to go somewhere I don't want it, but most of the time it works without issue. The only trouble I'm really having is remembering to put all the wall hangings back and needing to redo items on shelves.
Mad Poster
#11693 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 8:09 PM
I wondered why I never seem to get a welcome wagon any more, and I looked it up on the sims wiki and it says:

"Welcome wagons occur whenever a Sim moves into the neighborhood, even if they lived in it previously. If a family moves into the neighborhood, moves out, and then moves in again, they will receive another welcome wagon."

Does that mean it's not supposed to happen when a sim moves house within the same neighbourhood? If so, that would explain why I never get them! I thought it was supposed to happen every time you moved into a new house.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#11694 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I wondered why I never seem to get a welcome wagon any more, (...) I thought it was supposed to happen every time you moved into a new house.

My sims have moved house quite often within Edge, and I don't think they get the welcome wagon.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Forum Resident
#11695 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 2:41 AM
Who else gets annoyed when you can't find a child/teen's homework on a lot?
Inventor
#11696 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 3:12 AM
I make then do university homework that they can whip out of the pocket anywhere.
Mad Poster
#11697 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 3:17 AM
It’s possible that suppressing the welcome wagon is a side effect of a mod or combo of mods. I get them every time I move house in my normal game but not even when first moving into retro hoods. I suspect the visitor controller.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11698 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 3:56 AM
Gradually the city of Cascadia is filling in with slightly tweaked versions of many of my modern setting creations... I've got a few more in the works pretty much all the time, but I still don't know whether I should ever expect to actually FINISH this city enough to play in it!
Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11699 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 4:23 AM
In recent years I find that all my Sims get a Welcome Wagon visit at about 12:30 on their first day in the house, which is always a Monday. To be eligible to be Welcome Wagon visitors, Sims must be available at this time. Teens in an unmodded game are not available, as they don't finish school until 13:00 ( p.m.). In effect this means that the visitors must be retired or unemployed, they must have Mondays off, or they must be working a late shift or a night shift (or a very early shift finishing by midday or earlier). In a very small or new 'hood, the game can have difficulties finding three eligible Sims.

A few years ago now, my Romance teen Jack Gill stopped going to school as he felt that, once he had an A+ grade, he knew enough, and would rather spend his time doing more enjoyable things than going to school. After that it didn't take him too long to persuade his live-in boyfriend Ravi Bertino to drop out of school too. After they stopped going to school (I use Inge's Flexischool), Jack and Ravi became eligible as Welcome Wagon visitors, and the first Sims they visited as such were Regan and Cornwall Capp (Kent was at work). More recently I've started using the Flexischool to simulate school holidays (vacations) and since then quite a few teens have turned out in the Welcome Wagon.

As you can probably guess, over the years I've grown quite interested in which Sims the game selects for the Welcome Wagon. It seems it usually tries to find Sims living locally, but often also brings in Sims living much further away, including Sims from other sub-hoods, and indeed townies. Quite often Sims who live together -- like a husband and wife -- will come together. Also some Sims, both playables and townies, seem to become enthusiastic supporters of the Welcome Wagon movement. No doubt just being available at half past twelve on a Monday plays a role, but I have noticed that the two kindest Sims in Veronaville, Regina Tsvirkunov (until last month a townie) and teen Ravi Bertino are regulars on the Welcome Wagon. Ravi lives with Jack in downtown Veronaville, but has turned out to welcome newcomers in both Bluewater and Monopolis.

Nowadays the Welcome Wagon turns up regular as clockwork at half past twelve for every new household, but in my earlier game it was much less dependable. Sometimes there were only two visitors instead of three. I think that maybe that was because no one else was available. Some Sims had to wait a day or two for their visit. Bianca Monty had the longest wait. Like all Sims moving in, she moved into her downtown Veronaville on a Monday. In fact nobody came until the Saturday, by which time in real life a couple of years had passed and I had installed Open for Business. Then on the Saturday, when both she and I had given up hope of a Welcome Wagon, and when she was out at work in the business career, three business owners from Bluewater arrived to welcome her. Of course, since she wasn't in, their visit was in vain, and they drifted off home after an hour or so. I still have a suspicion that they were maybe there to promote their businesses.

Nowadays I find that every move-in gets a Welcome Wagon visit, even if the distance is very short:
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11700 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 7:20 AM
Figured out a way to check if hairs have tangents (missing = reason for bright CAS items and some glitches on-lot) without having to open each in Milkshape. Trouble is, seems quite a lot of my older hairs don't have them, and doesn't look like there's an easy way to edit them in other than the Milkshape route... *sigh*

Maybe I should rework my hair section instead of holding on to all the old ones. Less fixing...

(Yes, the CAS mod by LD, but there are a few issues).
Page 468 of 511