Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mood Hotfix (with optional harder mood flavor)

by Buzzler Posted 25th Jan 2011 at 10:47 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 87 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 4:20 PM
I promised you to reveal you details on how the mood errors are generated, now I’m here to fulfill my promise. Under v1.0 following happened:
1. The WellRested buff is not added by the BedSleep interaction, this is done by the generic motive update. There is a tuning xml named “Motives”, which cares about that.
2. The buff was created with its default strength and
3. a mood delta of the current value was applied.
4. The BedSleep interaction post processed the buff, subtracted the former strength from the mood, set the buff strength according to the bed tuning and finally the new strength was added.
This worked correctly but since v4.2 (maybe sooner) the fourth part is done in the OnAddition method of the buff’s definition. But there is a downside, OnAddition is executed before the initial mood delta is applied. That means the order is changed to 1, 2, 4 and finally 3. Effectively you get for the cheapest bed under v6.1:
Mood -= 25
Mood += 10
Modd += 10
in this order. For the upcoming EGC version (7.0.0 because of Outdoor Living Stuff) I removed the both mood changes from the OnAddition method, so the remaining EGC users won’t have to suffer this error any longer.
The bug in the (Very)FreshClothing buff was exactly the other way around: Buff value altered by interaction, but the two mood deltas weren’t applied. If you used the delicates program of the washing machine, the buff would become 30 % stronger, but this bonus would not influence the mood.

After fulfilling my promise, I hope you are willing to reveal me, what you found out about the source of this strange social motive drop.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#52 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AD85
I promised you to reveal you details on how the mood errors are generated, now I’m here to fulfill my promise.{...}
I already figured that out, but thanks for confirming my conclusion.

Quote:
After fulfilling my promise, I hope you are willing to reveal me, what you found out about the source of this strange social motive drop.
Pretty simple. Have a look at Interaction<TActor,TTarget>.StartSocial(String). If actor.Conversation is null, it will call StartSocialContext() which will tank the social motive of sims if Sim.IsSelectable returns false for them. By the way that thing looks, I have a hard time believing this is anything but deliberate. I can't, however, for the life of me figure out why someone would deliberately do something like that.

StartSocial(String) is getting directly used by most or all of the baby/toddler interactions and a lot of romantic socials. Maybe the worst thing is that it's called by GroupChat.Run(). That way it also affects dancing, listening to someone playing an instrument, watching a sim playing chess; you name it. Let a sim play guitar in a crowded area and you can observe how all the inactives are getting their social motive tanked...

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 7:24 PM Last edited by AD85 : 4th Feb 2011 at 12:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
By the way that thing looks, I have a hard time believing this is anything but deliberate. I can't, however, for the life of me figure out why someone would deliberately do something like that.
Have a look at following method:
Sims3.Gameplay.Opportunities.Opportunity::CheckAllRequirements
(I’m still on game version 6.1 if that makes a difference.)
It is a bit less obvious, but after figuring it out, you may have the same feelings again. By the way, this is why the Late Night patch disables at least one former opportunity. The example is an adventure of China which is accomplished by learning martial arts.

Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Have a look at Interaction<TActor,TTarget>.StartSocial(String). If actor.Conversation is null, it will call StartSocialContext() which will tank the social motive of sims if Sim.IsSelectable returns false for them.
Thank you very much indeed, in the meantime I've removed these strange code lines and performed some successful tests. I’m not sure how, but the inverse effect (+100 immediate delta during WooHoo) has disappeared and I’m unable to restore it. I will no longer bother you with that.

By the way I would like to know whether you for one are using a core mod. Or are you solving every problem non-core?
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AD85
Have a look at following method:
Sims3.Gameplay.Opportunities.Opportunity::CheckAllRequirements
I don't really get it. The method looks pretty weird to me, e.g. that it won't bail out if currentWorld differs from the required world, but I haven't messed with Opportunities before... I don't keep old code versions, so I can't look what in that specific Opportunity in China might lead to issues either.

Quote:
I’m not sure how, but the inverse effect (+100 immediate delta during WooHoo) has disappeared and I’m unable to restore it.
Good, because I was unable to re-enact that.

Quote:
By the way I would like to know whether you for one are using a core mod. Or are you solving every problem non-core?
I usually use AwesomeMod, sorry. And yes, everything I do, I do non-core. I'm aware of the advantages of core modding, but I like to avoid overriding resources as much as possible as to stay as compatible as possible.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 4:41 PM
Halo Im new here and my english is not good why I come from germany,
I have question
Do I need to install what the setting or something?
Or does it automatically added to the good mood?
If the tunning important?

Thank for this mod.
Original Poster
#56 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:11 PM
Hello simsplayer33,

The mod works perfectly fine if you just use the main package. You CAN use the LessGreedyTuning package to make LowSocial hotfix draw less computing power but be in turn less effective. You CAN use one of the HarderMood tuning files (there are 3 in the ZIP) to make it a bit or a lot harder to satisfy your sims' moods. Hope that answers your questions.

Hallo simplayer33,

die Mod funktioniert uneingeschränkt ohne die Tuning-Dateien. Du KANNST die LessGreedyTuning-Datei hinzufügen, damit der LowSocial-Fix weniger Rechenzeit benötigt, damit wird der Fix aber auch weniger effektiv. Du KANNST eine der HarderMood-Tuning-Dateien (in der ZIP-Datei sind 3 davon) benutzen, um es ein bisschen bis sehr viel schwerer zu machen, Deine Sims bei Laune zu halten. Ich hoffe damit sind Deine Fragen ausführlich beantwortet.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:28 PM
Ok Thanks you,
Once inside, he do all of that automatically?
And it sure that it works right?

Ok danke,
Nachdem reinmachen macht er alles automatisch?
Und es sicher dass er funktioniert oder?
Original Poster
#58 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:19 PM
You don't need to do anything beyond putting the mod in your Mods folder. This mod doesn't even have an interface. And yes, I am quite certain that the mod works.

Du brauchst nichts zu machen, als die Mod in Deinen Mods-Ordner zu packen. Die Mod hat nicht einmal eine Benutzerschnittstelle. Und ja, ich bin sicher, dass die Mod funktioniert.

Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 12:56 PM
Will this mod be updated for Outdoor Living?
Original Poster
#60 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iorek
Will this mod be updated for Outdoor Living?
It is compatible with Outdoor Living (game version 7.0). I checked that almost a week ago and updated the compatibility section in the upload post accordingly.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 4:35 PM
Ok Thank you for replying and letting me know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 5:59 PM
Thank you! Between this and the excavation fix, you've made my game playable again. Cheers!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 5:55 AM
...I think you just saved my sanity. I couldn't figure out WHAT the hell was going on with my poor sim. Thanks much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 12:42 AM
After having played for eight hours now with a perfectly green sim and gained at least 80.000 LT points I have to come back - though it's early in the morning already - to thank you so much for this wonderful unique indispensable Mood Hotfix. You see me down on my knees kissing your feet!
I was so frustrated and realy angry with EA that I wanted to give the sims away this morning. I didn't know what was going on and when I searched the forums and found out that it was a bug I was so disappointed about EA I can't tell - furious! (For the first time!) I know they love bugging the EPs but I couldn't believe that they produced a bug that made the game nearly impossible to play - at least for me. This morning I discovered your creation and dled it at once. But I needed hours to try - I couldn't believe that this huge mess could be fixed by a tiny file. Now I know: it can!
So EA knows and after more than three months they aren't able to fix this - they should send you a lot of money! I was at the point I promised myself never ever to give a single simoleon to this grubby company again. With your Mood Hotfix I love the sims again - more than before because now I know how amazing it can be to play them when they are not fu(rcht)bar!
So many words but still not enough to tell you how happy I am.
n+1 big fat thanks from the bottom of my heart!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 4:54 AM
thank you! my poor starving sim writer was refusing to write due to his crappy mood. which didnt help with his starvation at all...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 1:31 PM
You are awesome! This bug has been driving me nuts and really messing with my legacy families Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 6:30 PM
hallo,
when Im make this mod in my game work he immediately?
And go zhe livetime couter more?

Hallo,
wenn ich den mod reinmach geht dan einfach die laune hoch und ist so als wäre einfach ganz normal?
Und geht dan auch die lebenszeit zähler weiter?
Original Poster
#68 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 10:32 PM
@simsplayer33: Right on. If you mean the lifetime happiness thing, this mod doesn't do anything about it as it isn't borked. With the mood bug, it's just hard to keep the mood high enough to gain lifetime happiness points.

Genau so ist es. Diese Lebensdingsbumspunkte werden von dieser Mod nicht beeinflusst, weil das nicht buggy ist. Es ist mit dem Bug nur schwer, die Laune eines Sims so weit oben zu halten, dass der Sim diese Punkte kriegt.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 6:49 PM
Hi it's me again,
If I purely do the tuning harder then you can set so it is easier to live counter manure for?

HI,
wenn ich den harder tunning reinmach kann man ja einstellen das es leichter ist füllen sich dann die lebenspunkte schneller?
Original Poster
#70 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 8:21 PM
The harder mood tuning makes it more difficult to get a sim's mood into the ranges that gain lifetime happiness.

Mit dem Mood-Tuning wird es schwieriger, die Laune eines Sims in die Bereiche zu bekommen, in denen man Lebenspunkte bekommt.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 10:01 PM
hi ty for this but do i just download the first moodfix or do i get the mood social one for sims with bad moods and no social? i don't want to tune it.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 10:56 PM
Thanks so much--I can enjoy the game again! I can't believe they make the players fix problems as serious as this.
Original Poster
#73 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 5:47 AM
@all: The low social hotfix isn't as effective as I would like it, due to it being limited to sims in proximity of active sims. I'm working on a solution that handles *all* sims. Stay tuned.

Quote: Originally posted by secretuk1965
hi ty for this but do i just download the first moodfix or do i get the mood social one for sims with bad moods and no social? i don't want to tune it.
Just download & use the main moodfix package then.

Test Subject
#74 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 10:02 PM
This fixed my mood problem but now the time is stuck at 2pm. This is the only mod I have installed. Is there a fix for it?
Original Poster
#75 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 11:48 AM
renfro: This mod is almost definitely not responsible for stalling your game, because it doesn't do "its thing" at particular times. Please try again with and without the mod. It's probably just a freak occurance. If the clock still gets stuck without the mod, there's probably something borked in your savegame.

Page 3 of 7