Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Shopping from Fridge - update 18.8.2014

by ani_ Posted 22nd Jan 2012 at 4:43 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:09 AM by ani_

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Scholar
#201 Old 27th May 2014 at 12:53 AM
This mod still works with 1.67. I use it with my game patched up to 1.67
Test Subject
#202 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 1:41 PM
I wouldn't recomand using it with 1.67. I tryed it and my game crashed after about 3 minutes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:25 PM
thank you for updating
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 7:32 PM
op;87tt
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 3:28 PM
Thank you so much!! This allows me to play more realistic :D
Test Subject
#206 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 5:52 PM
Can you do this for the bakery station also??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
Can't wait to see this mod updated for 1.67. Is it safe for 1.67. I read on commenter they said it crashed the game.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#208 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 11:00 AM
Thank. God.
I was so bothered and irritated by the fact that you could shop from the fridge! Why even have a grocery store if you don't even have to go there? Yet another bit of realism, as well as classic Sims feel back in TS3 thanks to modders!
Thank you!
Test Subject
#209 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:36 PM
Default Found issue
I installed the mod a couple days ago and when I finally tried it I found an issue. I had my family on high freewill and the father got hungry. He wound up in an endless loop at the fridge. When I selected him he would choose the fridge then it would go away obviously because there was no food yet then come back because that is what he wanted. Not sure how that would affect npc sims if they get hungry but the fridge is empty. May result in a lot of resetting sims to get them unstuck.
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chris86lynch
I installed the mod a couple days ago and when I finally tried it I found an issue. I had my family on high freewill and the father got hungry. He wound up in an endless loop at the fridge. When I selected him he would choose the fridge then it would go away obviously because there was no food yet then come back because that is what he wanted. Not sure how that would affect npc sims if they get hungry but the fridge is empty. May result in a lot of resetting sims to get them unstuck.

I believe that is intended behaviour. Your sim won't realise there is no food in the fridge so their behaviour should alert you to this fact and then you must take them shopping to the grocery store to buy some. The NPC's don't actually need to eat. All their motives get reset periodically so they have no need to go to the fridge anyway. :-)

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#211 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:05 PM
This mod works great, but could it be that it "disables" the Premium pizza oven thing?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#212 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 8:29 AM
Is there a way to make this compatible with Black Cat's cooking and ingredients overhaul, by taking out his master recipe list and leaving in the extra ingredients? Would that work? I like your idea better, but I love his extra ingredients. that and the no shopping from fridge mod makes a really good expirience. Now being able to deviate from traditional recipes for things like salad and omelettes would be fantastic!
Test Subject
#213 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:56 PM
Um, I'm confused. Which file do I download?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#214 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 12:06 AM
I always thought this should be a regular part of the game. Thanks for having the same insight as me, but with the technical know-how to make it happen.
Test Subject
#215 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 4:27 PM
Where is the 1.57?
Test Subject
#216 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 4:36 PM
which one is the recommended download theres 8
Test Subject
#217 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
I believe that is intended behaviour. Your sim won't realise there is no food in the fridge so their behaviour should alert you to this fact and then you must take them shopping to the grocery store to buy some. The NPC's don't actually need to eat. All their motives get reset periodically so they have no need to go to the fridge anyway. :-)

Really? ive had my sims go to npc's houses and haf the time are starving and ive seen one die because he was too idiotic to go to the fridge and make something to eat
Test Subject
#218 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 6:04 PM
doesnt work all it did was reset my sims they would go to the grocery but wouldnt buy anything
Test Subject
#219 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 2:10 PM
Default minor bug but good!
Wanted to let you know that it installed and worked just fine, but my stove was rendered unusable. If you could fix that, I would love to install it again!!
Test Subject
#220 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:39 PM
Bugged as can be. It set my sims who went to the fridge in an infinite loop where they'd just stand in place and not be able to move (due to the required ingredient not being available)
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 6:46 AM
Default Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven
Quote: Originally posted by Hotair586
Hi Ani, thanks for this mod. This is a must-have.
Do you think you can add this restriction to the Monte Vista pizza oven, and the University mini fridge? Can you add that to this mod, or a different mod?
Thanks! You Rock!

I totally agree. I would love to see the Monte Vista oven added to this mod!
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 5:18 AM
Bugged, my sim stuck standing still for wanting to make a sandwich but there were no ingredients for it. This action can't be canceled at all.
Test Subject
#223 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ue3223
Bugged as can be. It set my sims who went to the fridge in an infinite loop where they'd just stand in place and not be able to move (due to the required ingredient not being available)

Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
Bugged, my sim stuck standing still for wanting to make a sandwich but there were no ingredients for it. This action can't be canceled at all.

Be sure you have the correct Version! ♥ I used the first from the list and i got the same problem, when i used the last updated version of the mod it worked perfectly! ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:46 AM
we need this on the sims 4!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#225 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:57 PM
Thanks, very handy mod. Picked up the latest version over at NRAAS, but don't have an acount there, so I thought I'd leave my thanks here.
Page 9 of 10