Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Lucha Lutwieta : 22nd Jan 2010 at 4:33 PM.
Default The Sims 3 Create A World Tool
Neighbourhoods in the Sims3, very frustrating
The chance exists that you, as a co-neighbourhood planner, cracked your head by the neighbourhoods in the Sims 3. Cause it's very frustrating when you come to conclusion that the possibilities that came with the Sims 2 don't exist in the Sims 3. It's like we're back to the neighbourhoods of the Sims (1).
Than of course there is the free download of the Riverview Neighbourhood at the Sims store. But that doesn't really satisfies me, and maybe you recognize this.

But then there was the Create A World Tool
Just a some days ago I stumbled upon this article click. It gives a preview of the neighbourhood creation program that will come this December, you'll be able to download it for free on the website of the Sims3.
Reading the article I agreed that it won't be a program for all Sims users, cause it's really complicated (especially when your not well known with programs as Milkshape or Photoshop.) But for those who really are into customizing it will be 'perfect'. (and for when you haven't got a clue about what you did wrong or have to do, there's always the giant manual that's coming with the download)

A Summary of the Preview
Create A World will be the first Official custom content tool from EA for The Sims 3. It will enable players to create whole new worlds for their Sims to live in just like the Riverview town released by EA.
Although it's a standalone tool, it will require a full install of The Sims 3 to be able to use it.With Sims 2, players could use Sim City 4 to terraform new neighborhoods with relative ease, but with World Builder the terraforming aspect, though not too difficult in itself, is only the beginning of what will become a far more technical process.
Creating the land of your new world is much the same as using the terrain tools in game. You can create hills and valleys, mountains, lakes, rivers and ponds, place roads and sidewalks (or footpaths) with relative ease and flexibility, and you can even spray on custom terrain paints like lava, snow or pink cotton candy. But the difficult part will come in placing the necessary community lots, career "rabbit holes" and liveable housing lots in such way that it works well for both the game and the player.

Murano's review/preview
This article was written through a review/preview by Murano @ TSR in his blog he gives a more larger view on the coming event.

Other know articles are;
Article by Every Joe
forum post on the Sims3 official forum + video
More Info Coming Soon!
As soon as the Create-A-World-Tool is there to download, I'll try to discover it and give you a lot of information as well, as soon as I'm able to of course... (I've a lot of other things to do as well so there maybe a delay)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 5:15 PM
Default The How to Post
Sorry for the delay. I was extremely busy. But I downloaded and installed the Create a World tool many weeks ago. And as I've said before, I'm going to give you a lot of ins and outs in this post.
There were a lot of people who said that the tool was very difficult. But I found it extremely easy, & of course fun, to use. There were no big issues, I only have a lot of trouble with the routing tool.

How to Download and Install
When you bought your game and registered it at the official Sims 3 site you made yourself an account on the site. And that's all you need to download the program and install it.

1} go to thesims3.com
2} log in
3} choose Games from the drop-down menu on the top
4} click on 'the Create a World tool' at the bottom
oké so now you'll be able to see the info given by EA,
on the bottom there is a button which says;
'DOWNLOAD'
obviously you need to click this.

please note that it's probably not usable on mac computers

when the download is complete you just do what you always do when you're going to install things, so double click on it etc.
I can't remember the exact install route, but it would be normal I guess.
Though if you have any trouble please say so.

The First Steps
To begin with building your first world you'll need to click on 'File> New World' or Ctrl + N.
... MORE SOON ...