Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 3:14 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 16th May 2010 at 9:20 PM.
Default CAW group project organization thread
The CAW group project is born with the idea of combining several persons talents toward a project: creating a new custom neighborhood. Here we will try to organize ourselves. I'll keep this post updated.

This is the list of the people who joined the project and their role:

- Leader: Lanawinst

- Storyline/world background writer : CharmingFirewaller, litt0_lia

- Inhabitants creators : SimGirlTasia232, HystericalParoxysm, litt0_lia, unlikely

- Map artist: kiwi_tea

- Town architects: Lanawinst, CharmingFirewaller, sleepyrose, Deluxe Designs, toyou1214

Beaversyeah
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:22 PM
Now that we really started this project, we will need to decide about the leader(s). Just as reminder, leaders are the one who (quoting HP) "kick peoples' butts to get stuff done, and a clear time frame for when it'll be done".

Since I started it, I'm proposing myself as a leader. Anyone who has the time and the motivation to do it too can tell it here. We'll have until, let's say, the 26th to decide on this since we need to get a lot of things done. Is everyone ok with this?
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:27 PM
Yes, I was actually expecting you to be the leader by default since the CAW project was your idea. I'm still on board for the story and locations but I honestly don't think I can dedicate my time to making sure everyone's doing their part. I think you'd do a great job, though.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:16 PM
If kiwi tea would like, I can help with the map, or building lots.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:36 PM
Thanks for proposing, we'll have to see that with him when he shows up .
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:35 PM
Yea I was expecting you to be a leader also i think its a great idea to do this. I'm still onboard for the sim making.. but i can't be a leader with ya either i don't think i can do that and work also lol... but i think you will do a great job and find someone to help .

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:48 PM
Welcome aboard SimGirlTasia232! I'm glad you're still with us and thanks for your confidence. I'm pretty sure that we're going to do an awesome work because with have an a-team

You should check out, other people are already debating about the story and there's a thread that is only for the sims makers (it's empty because it's just been created) that should be used to talk about the simming creation for our project.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:24 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 24th Feb 2010 at 11:30 AM.
All right, everyone, I've got a great news for you! Deluxe Designs accepted to join us for at least one building! Let's give him a warm welcome
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:42 PM
Welcome, Deluxe Designs! We're honored to have you onboard.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 1:41 AM
Yes, Hello Deluxe designs!

Good music is like a candy bar; All you have to do is throw out the rappers.
Wiki Wizard
#11 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 8:25 PM
Oooh i didn't notice the hello lol hi there!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Wiki Wizard
#12 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:28 PM
Are we planning on having meshes on this project? As in creating our own meshes at all?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:32 PM
Yes, if needed. For example, I'll probably need to make a window for my city hall. And it doesn't cause the big cc list issue since we would be able to include it.

A fisherman carrier would be excellent too if someone knows how to mod.
Wiki Wizard
#14 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:37 PM
Oh right i see, it might be worth asking a few other people to join, i know some modders and meshers, so if you would like i can get in touch with them also i sent a pm to kiwi_tea about helping to do the map, see if he replies at all

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:38 PM
That's an excellent idea, thanks Let's hope you'll be more successful than me.
Wiki Wizard
#16 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:52 PM
Ok well if we come across something that needs to be made or interactions added i will get in touch with them, but we'll tackle that as we go along Also yeh, i'm hoping he'll respond because i give lots of feedback on his threads, so hopefully he recognises me

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 10:02 PM
That looks good to me. Anyway the map is going to be the priority, we really need it... one can only hope as they say

Since you're taking a lot of good initiatives, would you maybe like to be my co-leader?
Wiki Wizard
#18 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 10:12 PM
Thank you kindly for the offer, but i cannot devote myself that much with the level of work i have at school, then again i say this and i end up spending all my time on here anyway XD lol. I have just done a lot of projects before with people and i guess i'm good at planning it, when i see something being done that could be made more efficient i cannot help but step in Anyway, i graciously decline the offer to be co-leader, i'll give my two cents about what direction we can go in but i just don't have the time regretfully

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 2:16 AM
I totally understand Don't hesitate to step on my foot though if you think I should do things differently. I've no experience whatsoever in leading projects, so

The deadline is finished and i see no barricades lift against me so I guess I'm leader, you're all stuck with me :P
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 2:31 AM
I think everyone would agree when i say we all Luv ya and your doing a wonderful job

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:17 AM
Thanks tasia I'll try to do the best I can. We still have a lot to do.
#22 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:49 AM
She's right, Lana. You're doing great at keeping all of us motivated to do our part.
Wiki Wizard
#23 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 2:21 PM
Ok kiwi_tea said he is thinking about joining us but is having some issues with maps at the moment, however he hopes to get back to us within the next few days

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:32 PM
That's great news Thanks!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 8:35 PM
DD, that's awesome news! And Lana, you are doing a wonderful job!

Page 1 of 2