Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 9:37 AM
Default Using Steam account
Quick question..

I play the sims 3 through Origin, however I have 2 Steam accounts that i've purchased all sims exp and stuff packs on (I do giveaways on my story page) but the codes were all used in Origin.. My question is, if I was to allow a friend to use one of the Steam accounts, would all of the expansions be available to that person? (I know the Base Game would be) Or not because the codes were used in Origin?

I hope that made sense. Thanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 2:21 PM
Inventor
#3 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 4:04 PM
Steam doesn't care (and can't know as a matter of fact) that you used the codes in Origin.

Just remember that giving your account to a friend is against Steam's TOS, so if Valve finds out, they could ban your account. Your friend should create their own account and you should use the Family Library Sharing function so they can access your games. That's the safest thing to do. In reality, it's extremely difficult for Steam to find out who's using an account.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 8:47 PM
How far can I take that? My codes have been used on multiple CD installs, on Origin, and on TheSims3.com. Will Steam still accept them?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )