Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 4:26 AM
Default BodyShop Crashing in Build Sims
Hey guys! I have the ultimate collection installed but every time I am in bodyshop and scroll through the sims in build or clone sims it just quits. I have the graphics rule maker, 4gb, dxvk and updated my intel card. There is no cc in the game either. Im very confused. Is it still a graphics issue or what? Thank you!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 5:11 AM
Do you have a lot of created Sims to scroll through? I've noticed my BodyShop tends to complain (aka crash) if I have too many Sims to scroll through. I even have the 4GB patch installed for the BodyShop exe but if I have a number of pages of Sims it still crashes..

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Do you have a lot of created Sims to scroll through? I've noticed my BodyShop tends to complain (aka crash) if I have too many Sims to scroll through. I even have the 4GB patch installed for the BodyShop exe but if I have a number of pages of Sims it still crashes..

I do not. I haven’t made any sims but when I across through the ones the game has it crashes.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 8:23 AM
Do you use the one from the lastest pack? Did it work befor or never since you started to use BodyShop? Did you try deleting the Caches if you have any?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Do you use the one from the lastest pack? Did it work befor or never since you started to use BodyShop? Did you try deleting the Caches if you have any?

Yep deleted caches have the ultimate collection. Not working still.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 3:54 PM
Have you used 4GB and done Graphic Rules spesifically for the Bodyshop files (in the CSConfig folder)? Doesn't help if you've only fixed your game (in the Config folder).

Are the sims downloaded? Could be there's a piece of CC Bodyshop doesn't agree with.
- There's the usual kind of bad CC that can cause trouble because it's got something wrong with it, but it seemingly works fine until you do *something* and then the game or Bodyshop crashes. Scrolling to the item can be enough. It can work in someone else's game but not in yours, because they somehow didn't do that *something*.
- CC disagreeing with another piece of CC can cause trouble. A bit uncommon for CAS items, but it can happen, especially with defaults, modded CAS items, and stuff like that.
- There's a spesific type of file that can follow downloaded sims, which can cause crashes or other issues - it's about 6MB, usually is randomly named with letters and numbers (don't get it confused with face template files), and if opened in SimPE has about 1500 CRES files in it. Those can seem peaceful for a good long while but suddenly start causing trouble.
- Having too much stuff in the SavedSims folder can sometimes cause issues. This one doesn't seem to like being filled up too much. Put it in Downloads instead (yes, you can put sims in Downloads).

If you don't absolutely need all your CC to load, take out what you don't need. Bodyshop doesn't need to load all your build/buy/Hood/mods and all the CAS stuff you're not gooing to use anyway. As long as you put it back in before you load up your game, you're fine (yes, even all the "do not remove" stuff). Bodyshop only cares about CAS items and whatever mods works with Bodyshop.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you used 4GB and done Graphic Rules spesifically for the Bodyshop files (in the CSConfig folder)? Doesn't help if you've only fixed your game (in the Config folder).

Are the sims downloaded? Could be there's a piece of CC Bodyshop doesn't agree with.
- There's the usual kind of bad CC that can cause trouble because it's got something wrong with it, but it seemingly works fine until you do *something* and then the game or Bodyshop crashes. Scrolling to the item can be enough. It can work in someone else's game but not in yours, because they somehow didn't do that *something*.
- CC disagreeing with another piece of CC can cause trouble. A bit uncommon for CAS items, but it can happen, especially with defaults, modded CAS items, and stuff like that.
- There's a spesific type of file that can follow downloaded sims, which can cause crashes or other issues - it's about 6MB, usually is randomly named with letters and numbers (don't get it confused with face template files), and if opened in SimPE has about 1500 CRES files in it. Those can seem peaceful for a good long while but suddenly start causing trouble.
- Having too much stuff in the SavedSims folder can sometimes cause issues. This one doesn't seem to like being filled up too much. Put it in Downloads instead (yes, you can put sims in Downloads).

If you don't absolutely need all your CC to load, take out what you don't need. Bodyshop doesn't need to load all your build/buy/Hood/mods and all the CAS stuff you're not gooing to use anyway. As long as you put it back in before you load up your game, you're fine (yes, even all the "do not remove" stuff). Bodyshop only cares about CAS items and whatever mods works with Bodyshop.

I don’t have any cc installed. These are just the sims that came with the game. I don’t even have a saved sims file generated yet because I haven’t even made sims yet. But I did not realize the 4gb could be added to other files. I don’t currently have SimPE installed either. I reinstalled the game and have not put in cc yet or anything like SimPE just the 4gb patch and the graphics fixes
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 5:27 PM
You probably have to do similar edits to the memory handling in the GraphicRules for Bodyshop, and make sure it reads your graphic card or chip properly, and do the 4GB patch on the bodyshop EXE. Sounds like it's just running out of memory.

Can you post the "(name)-config-log" file from Logs under here (or post the info from "application info" down to "Global Properties" - the info below that isn't necessary). Make sure the "name" under "application info" says Bodyshop, so you're getting the info from Bodyshop and not the game. If it doesn't say Bodyshop, just run Bodyshop and it should have the proper info.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You probably have to do similar edits to the memory handling in the GraphicRules for Bodyshop, and make sure it reads your graphic card or chip properly, and do the 4GB patch on the bodyshop EXE. Sounds like it's just running out of memory.

Can you post the "(name)-config-log" file from Logs under here (or post the info from "application info" down to "Global Properties" - the info below that isn't necessary). Make sure the "name" under "application info" says Bodyshop, so you're getting the info from Bodyshop and not the game. If it doesn't say Bodyshop, just run Bodyshop and it should have the proper info.

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 Body Shop
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.2
CPU: 4065.599853Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 4096MB
User: Kandr
Computer: DESKTOP-3FQU3OK
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics Rules Maker Configuration ===
Force texture memory: 2000 Mb
Disable Texture Memory Estimate Adjustment: No
Enable Driver Memory Manager: Yes
Radeon HD7000 fix: No
Intel High Quality: Yes
Intel V-Sync: Yes
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Name (database): Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 9bc8, Board: 15151025, Chipset: 0003
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 30.0.101.1994, GUID: D7B78E66-D888-11CF-5F74-7035ACC2D335
Driver version: 1994
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.575757, <<UNRECOGNIZED>>
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,59Hz
Texture memory: 2000MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1