Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 3:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Over-Waxing Banisters: Ultimate Collection Keeps Crashing at this Screen
Hello everyone. I would really appreciate some help for a problem that I am having with my game. I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and am playing with the 4GB George version that skips origin. My game had been fine until I suddenly received "the application has crashed. The application will now terminate" message while I was visiting a community lot. I deleted the accessory.cache files and have tried to relaunch the game several times, but each time the loading screen reaches "over-waxing banister," the game crashes, and I get the "the application has crashed. The application will now terminate," message. I have HCDU and have used that to check for conflicts and have tried other steps that are often suggested in help threads, but my game will not load past "over-waxing banisters. I am attaching my config log and dxdiag and can add any other information that might be helpful.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can fix whatever is going on that is preventing the game from loading past "over-waxing banisters?" Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag.txt (72.0 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: txt  LAPTOP-NMBCE810-config-log.txt (10.7 KB, 9 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by autumnday
Does anyone have any idea of how I can fix whatever is going on that is preventing the game from loading past "over-waxing banisters?" Thank you.

Have you recently used the Object Relocator? I recently did that with some stockable food deco objects and my game started crashing at that point of the loading screen too. I then loaded my back up files from before having used the Object Relocator and my game was fine again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 8:25 PM
I have never heard of the object relocator, so I do not believe this could be the cause. I think I am going to cross post this question on leefish as well. My game has become unplayable now

Quote: Originally posted by mrukel22
Have you recently used the Object Relocator? I recently did that with some stockable food deco objects and my game started crashing at that point of the loading screen too. I then loaded my back up files from before having used the Object Relocator and my game was fine again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 8:49 PM
Could be a memory issue. Looks like the laptop only has 4 GB RAM, runs with Win10, and is only accessing 2 GB. Win10 with the full game often needs the 4GB patch to run, and that one is best used with 6 GB RAM or more (Win10 and games in general, since Win10 can be quite the memory hog).

- Do you use a lot of CC?
- Have you tried taking out the latest CC you put in, before the issue/crashing started?
- If so, have you tried taking out all the CC, just to check if it is a CC issue? (backup game first, in case of issues).