Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 2:42 PM Last edited by simmer12341 : 4th Sep 2022 at 6:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default I loaded A house, and It crashed. HELP!
So, I've been playing a uberhood for a pretty short time, like one round, but I have built alot of houses and don't want to give them up. When I started round two, which consists of the Caliente's first, I decided to play Nina Caliente, who lives alone. It didn't load, and Infact crashed. I have checked another Fourm (I don't know what they are called yet, as I made my account for this) and they had been playing for years, didn't keep their neighborhood clean, and deleted bin families. I have kept it very clean and even got a clean template. The only things I have done that Could have caused corruption is Making Nina preganant with The sims blender (but it was with don), and adding two houses created by another person, but they said that they were both built in a clean anystarter hood. If you want to double check them, they are PleasantSims Orphanages for Plesantview, and Strangetown. When I ran hood checker all I found were Invalid memories, that I put there for the Fusilli because I really love the Fusilli family, and decided to give them memories from one of those Memory adding mods. I don't think they could be the problem, as they are in no way linked to Nina. If I must I will kill her, and just say that she got a wee bit too close to Olive Spector, but she has a huge part in the Cassandra and Don affair thingy, and I'm going to make her the reason Don got caught.

With unnecessary Information out of the way, My game is fully patched, If I am correct, and I moved Nina to see if It was the house (it was not) and I really don't want to kill her. I also don't have a back up because Its so early on in the hood. Its literally round one. The scriped events round

Edit: Morty Goth is also super glitched and whenever i do something with him he gets stuck. Him and and Dina are eternally stuck sleeping unless I use Boolprop to reset him.

Edit 2: I tried Nina again after restarting and I got farther, but it still crashed. I loaded up her house too and her house was part of the problem. I think the trailers are ugly anyway. I changed her hair and clothes incase I am using corrupt Default replacements, and I got even farther. I could even furnish her apartment that I moved her to. it however did still crash.

Edit 3: she is the only person in plesantview who is not working. I can't say anything about the other worlds. I'm going to Terminate her pregnacy. That could do something. (It did nothing, It just crashed again... I don't know what to do : (((((((((((((((((
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 3:49 PM
Please tell me you have backups.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 10:13 PM
@simmer12341 When you say 'ugly trailers' Do you have her living in the maxis Mobile home apartment lot? That is known to crash. You can get a copy made here: https://modthesims.info/d/368265/ma...-maxis-lot.html If its this lot, move her out, bulldoze the lot and replace with this one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@simmer12341 When you say 'ugly trailers' Do you have her living in the maxis Mobile home apartment lot? That is known to crash. You can get a copy made here: https://modthesims.info/d/368265/ma...-maxis-lot.html If its this lot, move her out, bulldoze the lot and replace with this one.

Thank you! I'm sorry I haven't responded in a while, as I haven't played my uberhood in a really long time, but I think that is probrably the problem!

I managed to figure out my problem with Mortimer and Dina, and it has to do with my mod that lets elders sleep until 6 am if I'm correct.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 4:59 PM Last edited by simmer12341 : 8th Jan 2023 at 2:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer12341
Thank you! I'm sorry I haven't responded in a while, as I haven't played my uberhood in a really long time, but I think that is probrably the problem!

I managed to figure out my problem with Mortimer and Dina, and it has to do with my mod that lets elders sleep until 6 am if I'm correct.

Okay- I really need to make a backup like... Right now- because I've encountered another problem. I created a family, and using the insiminator I created a mutual relationship between this girl and don, as like a lore thing for them, and now don is in love with himself, and wants to befriend himself. I don't know if this causes corruption. I need to be much more careful in my neighborhood.

[UPDATE]Good news! I have a back up from before I did that. Bad news, I made some pretty substansial progress in the hood (I make backups every round.)

Ok that fixed it nevermind

[Another update] So I ran hoodchecker, and turns out, like everyone had relationships with themself, which is really weird- but probrably just sims 2 coding or something. I found the "Invalid relationship with self........ (Some number that depicts his character file) Don Goth" and made hoodchecker remove it (It Worked!!!)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 5:57 PM
Just for the record - the backup, did you remove the old files and put in the backup files?

Asking, because if you let the backup folder overwrite, you can potentially cause a lot of issues in the neighborhood, since some files will overwrite, while others will be added, and they won't match up. Always remove the old folder and then copy/paste in the backup folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Just for the record - the backup, did you remove the old files and put in the backup files?

Asking, because if you let the backup folder overwrite, you can potentially cause a lot of issues in the neighborhood, since some files will overwrite, while others will be added, and they won't match up. Always remove the old folder and then copy/paste in the backup folder.

I copy the neighborhood folder, and paste it somewhere else incase I notice I messed something up severely. If I were to use it at any time in the future i would definitley move the folder elsewhere/delete it, and replace it with the backup.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 3:13 AM
Moving the folder elsewhere or deleting it (depending on whether you want it to keep the files or not) is fine, as long as you don't overwrite the folders at any point.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Moving the folder elsewhere or deleting it (depending on whether you want it to keep the files or not) is fine, as long as you don't overwrite the folders at any point.

Phew! I'm always super worried I corrupted my game but I'm too lazy to research!

(At least it's not as bad as that one time i moved RC car into my house when I was 8.... Fair to say I reinstalled the sims 2)