Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:27 PM.
Default Golddigger Challenge
*The purpose of this challenge is to get your Golddigging Sim through an entire lifetime being supported by rich lovers or spouses without ever working or holding a job.*

*For reasons of clarity, I'm using a female Sim as an example, but you can use either gender*

The Rules:
1. Create a Sim in CAS and give her the Fortune aspiration. If you have Free Time, she can have any other secondary aspiration you choose (or none). TIP: In order to keep her aspiration meter up, Romance would be a good secondary aspiration, as well as Popularity. Family or Knowledge would make the challenge harder.
2. No money cheats or hacked objects that would increase her family funds (including the Dreamcatcher); no aging cheats (aging must be turned on). No use of the counterfeiting machine or money tree. No giving financial advice on the computer, but investing is okay (since there's a chance she could lose money). Other cheats and reward objects are fine (including the genie lamp, because it's a random chance to receive it).
3. Your golddigger cannot open her own business, sell paintings, novels, crafted items, fresh produce, or fish, or work to support herself in any other way.
4. She can only date, marry, join, or move in Maxis-created Sims, exactly as they were created (no fair creating CAS Sims, or going to a Maxis-playable Sim, and using money cheats or adding a lot of items to their inventories to give your golddigger!)
5. She can sell for cash any gift she receives. TIP: Dream Dates are a good way to do this.
6. Your golddigger can attend college but doesn't have to. If she attends college, she can use her college grants to buy items, and can place those items in her inventory for after college, but cannot place anything in her inventory she didn't buy with her own college grants, or receive from Townies (no fair selling or placing in her inventory items which were included in the dorms, Greek Houses, or secret lots when she moved in).
7. She can start out in either a home or apartment. She can move out and into better apartments or bigger homes, and can marry, join, or move Townies into her own home.
8. Your golddigger can marry, join, or move in any Elder Townie Sim with wild abandon, then sit back and wait for the Elder to croak so she can claim the inheritance. If the object of her greed, um, I mean "affection" isn't an Elder, she can still marry, join, or move in any Adult Townie Sim (including Mr. Big or the Diva) in order to gain their funds and inventories, but the moved-in Sim must be divorced and/or moved out again within 24 Sim hours (just like the Britney Spears/ Jason Allen Alexander 1-day marriage! hehehe). If she is invited to move in by any other Sim (for instance if you go into Malcolm's house and have him invite her to move in), the house then becomes hers and this same rule applies: if the other Sim isn't an Elder, they must be divorced and/or moved out within 24 Sim hours. (Sorry Malcolm!) This is to prevent her from latching onto an Adult Townie who would be on the first day of adulthood and therefore able to support her for the rest of her life (that would take all the challenge out of the challenge!)
9. She can use or sell anything contained in her spouses' or live-in lovers' inventories. When an Elder spouse or live-in lover dies, she can keep the family funds and accept the automatic inheritance as well. (Think Anna Nicole Smith).
10. She can only have one spouse or live-in lover at a time, but can date as many Townies as her little golddigging heart desires.

Scoring:
+1 point for every $100,000 of net worth (including the value of her home and all items in it) your golddigging Sim aquires
+1 point for every spouse or live-in lover who dies naturally or moves out through divorce/break-up
-1 point for every spouse or live-in lover who dies "accidentally" or with help from boolProp, or moves out through newspaper or computer (but she still keeps the funds in the bank account and is available to marry, join, or move in someone else.)
-1 point for every time her aspiration meter goes into the red zone
-1 point for every full day her aspiration meter stays red
-5 points for every time she goes into aspiration failure

Yes, this point scale might make it hard. That's kind of the point.

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 2:51 AM
This sounds interesting but I'm a bit confused on a couple of points, to wit:

Quote:
no fair...going to a Maxis-playable Sim

and
Quote:
If she is invited to move in by any other Sim (for instance if you go into Malcolm's house and have him invite her to move in)

If she can't move a playable Sim into her house, then why should a playable Sim be able to ask her to move in with them?

As an aside, a second aspiration of Pleasure would work extremely well for this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:13 AM
Let me try to clarify:
You can use Maxis-created Sims, exactly as they were created which means no fair ... going to a Maxis-playable Sim and using money cheats or adding a lot of items to their inventories before using the Maxis-playable Sim.

Does that make a little more sense?

Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 6:13 AM
Thank you, and yes, it makes more sense now.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:22 AM
Sounds interesting. When my PC is fixed, I might have a go at this. What's the verdict on non-old age deaths? Do they class as natural or unnatural? I like my evil Sims a bit too much. :evil:

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Sounds interesting. When my PC is fixed, I might have a go at this. What's the verdict on non-old age deaths? Do they class as natural or unnatural? I like my evil Sims a bit too much. :evil:

Hehehe, you devil you! :evil:

The only place that matters is in the scoring:

-1 point for every spouse or live-in lover who dies "accidentally" or with help from boolProp, or moves out through newspaper or computer (but she still keeps the funds in the bank account and is available to marry, join, or move in someone else.)

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 4:44 PM
Ah, okay, so murder does class as unnatural. I thought you just meant if you had to cheat in order for them to die. I guess I'm going to be ignoring that scoring rule when I do play.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:49 PM
I know you said no aging cheats but does the Elixir Of Life aspiration award count as a cheat?