Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#351 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 7:04 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 28th Jun 2021 at 10:16 PM.
I had to take a little bit of a break from this. Suddenly after the win 7 "update," (only to give Edge) this game just would not load regardless of what I did! I transferred them over to my older comp and worked on them a little bit here and there, but it was a hassle and would require me to transfer all pics from there to here to share. About a week or so ago, I decided to try one more time to load this game on this comp and to my surprise it loaded! I made a few changes though. Evienne Fiontraí will not be the heir, but probably the youngest boy will be. This b/c the youngest boys are just barely teens and there would be no room for Evienne to marry and have children. Evienne will be opening up a restaurant business so I can put one of the younger siblings into the culinary career. She will also pay taxes to her dad and eventually her brother. Right now, I have the rate set at 10%, but we'll see how that works out. I have the younger boys working on different skills right now. I put my custom careers in and I'll see what I can come up with. I moved Evienne out and into her own place. So far, she's earning money w/restoring the junk car. It has a VERY nice appreciated value when it's restored! Pretty soon, she'll have enough money to buy t he restaurant. I placed the Cafe Petite in the hood and redesigned the interior to make it an actual restaurant instead of a coffee shop. Using Monique's comp, she already has quite a bit in savings. I'll probably have her buy it and then play that restaurant on my next round playing her.
Advertisement
Instructor
#352 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Sonshine : 4th Jul 2021 at 11:00 PM.
Evienne didn't quite have enough money to buy the restaurant which costs a bit more than $34k, but they (she and her husband) are working on it. I don't remember what his original name was, but his first name is Jason. They have a little boy now named Jeremy.

Back to the Fiontraí's, two of the oldest boys (Nicholas and Nolan) are only a couple days from becoming adult. Nolan will go into Architecture and will become a City Planner and Nicholas will open a dance studio and go into dancing. By the time they get to just a few days into adult, I'll have the 10 lots required for Architecture. After them, Bertram who wants to be a Hall of Famer will open a sports shop and will open the athletics career. Next is Herschel who just wants to earn $100k. Rowland, who is the youngest will go into the Entertainment career and wants to become a Prestidigitator. Evienne and Jason and their restaurant and Jeremy and other kids that follow are next.
When I play the Nevilles next, Jamie is 2 days away from becoming adult and will open a musical instrument shop. I chose that b/c I didn't decide on how to open the music career until just a couple days ago. It was either an instrument shop or a venue. Since the Music career isn't mentioned in the rules I decided on this.
Mad Poster
#353 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:38 AM
I'll be playing Dodge though the coming winter when I finally get back into my game and my BACC as they need to make it into the spring of 1842 before another couple arrives.
Instructor
#354 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 10:09 PM
I finally made a little bit of progress. Evienne married a Jason. I don't remember his original name, but as he appears as a townie, he has black hair and a red shirt w/a deep v neck and a necklace. I found out that he really has red hair, but I kind of like the black hair on him better. I think it kind of goes better w/the darker skintone and the red shirt. They have a son, Jeremy who just became a toddler. They also have a little girl named Gina now. Here are the pics of Evienne and Jason and Jeremy. Michael has passed on now leaving a nice golden tombstone. The family's "grocery store" (I have other things for sale there besides groceries) now belongs to the youngest son Rowland. The 2 older sons Nicholas and Nolan are adults now and will be played in my next go around. At the time, they're waiting in the bin to be placed into houses which will happen when their turn comes. I will start w/Nicholas after Evienne's round is done. I started having Evienne and Jason dig for treasure and they found some pretty nice things. They got 2 treasure chests worth $5k each and some other valuable things in addition to the normal rocks and bones and maps. Also, for some reason, the gypsy came by w/the golden lamp! I really don't know what spawns her, but it was nice. I had Evienne wish for money so she could get enough to buy the restaurant.
Screenshots
Instructor
#355 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 1:16 AM
One more note. This is kind of funny, but anybody here who is older can relate to it. Poor Michael was really feeling his age towards the end. The second pic was Remington worrying over Jamie when he was a child. He had "fallen" off of the chair at the table and had his legs stuck thru the floor and continued to eat, lol. I think I would worry too if that happened IRL!
Screenshots
Instructor
#356 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:33 PM
Another note, since the Nevilles and Evienne and Jason are pretty much swimming in cash, I upped the rent to 15% of their worth. I may make it higher for them yet though. For the newbie families though, they still start out at 10%. When Michael passed on, all of his property went to La Shawn. She is just about to the end of her lifespan, so I had her transfer the property ownership to Rowland. Otherwise, they would have gone to the next oldest in the house hold if he was still there. I have a couple of townie ladies in mind for Rowland. Also for the other two although, I might just wait until they move into their respective houses and I'll choose one of the visitors. I'm not sure yet.
Mad Poster
#357 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 8:51 PM
There's been a construction crew building an expansion on the community service center in Dodge for most of the fall and they've been getting some work done on the new room upstairs.The town is wanting to expand for when new arrivals come in the spring.
Screenshots
Instructor
#358 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Sonshine : 19th Jul 2021 at 3:44 AM.
For anybody who might see this, I'm wondering how do we get CAS pts for creating sims? ICad mentions CAS pts, but never really says how to get them or how many households or owned businesses are required. I found an older BACC and it is up to I think 38 pop now. I have 4 households and 5 or 6 player owned businesses. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#359 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:53 PM
I just require building a new homestead lot before another couple is created in mine and sometimes have to add to a community lot or start building another one though new families can only arrive in the spring so far until my boarding house is built and they would also have the option to rent rooms there for the rest of the year if they arrived later than spring.I've only got two couples in Dodge so far and have to get another one created in CAS for next spring's new arrivals to claim their new homestead.
#360 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 5:42 PM
Hello. Nice topic
Lab Assistant
#361 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
For anybody who might see this, I'm wondering how do we get CAS pts for creating sims? ICad mentions CAS pts, but never really says how to get them or how many households or owned businesses are required. I found an older BACC and it is up to I think 38 pop now. I have 4 households and 5 or 6 player owned businesses. Thanks!

I referenced this site when learning bacc rules, then applied my own afterwards.

For the original rules, for Every Community Lot you place, you earn ONE Sim (as in CAS) point. The CommLot can be Sim-owned or public.
For every 4 Residential lots inhabited, you earn ONE Community Lot. This earned CommLot does NOT need to be Sim-owned.

So by what you said you have 4 individual Residential households and let's say 5 sim-owned businesses. You can count apartment lots as one Residential lot or each individual unit. It's up to you. Original rules called for counting apartment lots as one single Residential, no matter how many units occupied by playable sims.
With the 4 households, you have earned ONE Commlot. This helps as you can place something your sims can't afford to buy or run. Secondly, with 5 sim-owned businesses, you have earned 5 CAS points. That can give you a family of 5, or any mix of household sizes, down to 5 single sims living on their own. With that, you can automatically earn another CommLot with 4 of the 5 households.

Or you can just make up your own rules that better suit your play style. :D

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Top Secret Researcher
#362 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 8:43 PM
For reference, the original rules are here.
Mad Poster
#363 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 9:31 PM
I've had my CAS points require a residential lot to be built for a new couple arriving to settle and a new homestead counts as I can eventually move the mew arrivals in once spring arrives.Most of my earliest couples arriving in the new town are homesteaders and will start farming with it being a small farming town at first.Dodge is still being settled by homesteaders hoping to own land and make a living as farmers with the hopes of their kids being able to get schooling and be able to take other jobs one day.
Scholar
#364 Old 17th Feb 2023 at 7:18 AM
I’ve just started this challenge, using modified version of the rules made by “Let it Simmer” Here’s his Let’s Play https://youtube.com/playlist?list=P...y7rqT0Bk0Vp_Fe0 Its pretty good, but it has very few views. I found him on Facebook and he has a link to his rules on his fan page. (I am his only follower!) He’s got a fairly easy setup that is hard on the sims, but easy on the player — not much need for a spreadsheet.

My town is set up with 3 male and 3 female sims. I have ACR risky woohoo set to 30% — which I’m toning down in my next round because all 3 of my girls got pregnant on their first woohoo! And this was a shocker for me because my farmer turned into a plant sim. I didn’t know they could impregnate or get pregnant the normal way. I thought he was infertile. Oops!

Right now my sims have it tough. They are all living in dark little shacks and having sponge baths. Until there's running water in the town, they can't get enough water to fill up a shower or tub.

I'm using midgethetree's "sell from inventory" mod so sims can sell goods to each other without a store. Example -- the farmer doesn't have the time to farm and run a store. So he sells all his tomatoes to the fisherman, who sells it at his grocery store. The only social lot in town is a fishing hole -- so all the sims have tons of fish in their inventory. So they all sell the fish they aren't skilled enough to cook to the fisherman. He now has a vast surplus of stock and rarely has to fish.
Mad Poster
#365 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 7:08 PM
I've recently settled my own version of Pleasantview called Pleasant Valley and it's currently the turn of the 17th century there and I'm playing it by a set of modified BACC rules and one couple is living on their homestead and having to start planting crops and also begin building a house for shelter before winter arrives.Eli and Ami Jankowsky are some of the original Goth family's ancestors in Pleasantview and the town originally was started as a colonial settlement in Early America in the 17th century.It's only got the service center and one already occupies hmestead and one still empty waiting for the next couple's arrival in the following spring.
Test Subject
#366 Old 13th May 2023 at 9:03 PM
I've been looking at various rules for this and kind of scratching my head feeling overwhelmed. I started the challenge just to poke around and test things, but when I do some math it gets pretty discouraging.

I usually only play about a dozen households when I play rotationally, it's easier to keep the stories straight and also the rotation is not as long. But, let's say this is a challenge, and let's say I end up with 20 households. Let's say every household has an average of 4 sims. So, 80 Sims in total. To get to 50,000 I would need to have a multiplier of 625. So, 125 downtowns/shopping districts, or about 3125 community lots.

Am I missing something? Do we count dead sims in the population too?
Mad Poster
#367 Old 9th Jun 2023 at 3:10 AM
I'm starting mine with one couple and adding more over time and dead sims are their own group and only counted as former residents because they died.My Pleasantview ony has my couple's homestead and the community service center's building site with the building under consruction as it needs to be built before harsh fall and winter weather starts up even though it's still spring and only one coulple is living there so far.
Mad Poster
#368 Old 17th Jun 2023 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I’ve just started this challenge, using modified version of the rules made by “Let it Simmer” Here’s his Let’s Play https://youtube.com/playlist?list=P...y7rqT0Bk0Vp_Fe0

=======
Went to your link but couldn't find his "fan page"
want to play with some rule changes also.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#369 Old 17th Jun 2023 at 10:09 PM
Mad Poster
#370 Old 17th Jun 2023 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@grammapat
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I8...cT0A/view?pli=1

=
Thanks! And wow, sounds so complicated!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#371 Old 17th Oct 2023 at 9:13 PM
What's a good tip to not get burnt out by this type of challenge? I've tried several, and it feels like I make it one or two seasons in, but I have yet to manage it a whole in-game year.

I do have one going on right now, where I am intentionally not playing it all the time, and I try to think up different ways to unlock certain careers (like Golden Fishing badge for Oceonography, switching between maxing out cooking skill or enthusiasm to unlock Culinary).
Test Subject
#372 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I’ve just started this challenge, using modified version of the rules made by “Let it Simmer”. I found him on Facebook and he has a link to his rules on his fan page. (I am his only follower!) He’s got a fairly easy setup that is hard on the sims, but easy on the player — not much need for a spreadsheet...

Hey, that's cool, thanks for the subscribe on Facebook, though I haven't been active there for ages. How's your challenge going so far?
Test Subject
#373 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
What's a good tip to not get burnt out by this type of challenge? I've tried several, and it feels like I make it one or two seasons in, but I have yet to manage it a whole in-game year.

I do have one going on right now, where I am intentionally not playing it all the time, and I try to think up different ways to unlock certain careers (like Golden Fishing badge for Oceonography, switching between maxing out cooking skill or enthusiasm to unlock Culinary).

I'm currently running a mixture of Legacy and BACC, it's a lot more dynamic than a regular BACC, but still preserves all the goodness: building multiple various lots, gradual progression, challenging gameplay etc. And you get attached to your main family like you normally do with Legacies.

Perhaps, a custom mixture between BACC and some other challenge would work for you too?
Page 15 of 15