Replies: 9603 (Who?), Viewed: 858318 times.
Page 380 of 385
Lab Assistant
#9476 Old 7th Apr 2022 at 5:26 PM
What is the difference between regular sims 3 store content, and premium store content? How do I get sims 3 premium store content?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9477 Old 7th Apr 2022 at 8:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyboot
What is the difference between regular sims 3 store content, and premium store content? How do I get sims 3 premium store content?

The difference between TS3 Store Content and TS3 Premium Store Content is kind of subtle. Both forms of content are available from The Sims 3 Store (not part of Expansion or Stuff Packs). Premium Content is that which adds or extends gameplay in some way, as opposed to decor objects and things like furniture, hair and other CAS parts.

A list of most of the Premium Store Content items can be found on this page, about four sections down from the top.
Scholar
#9478 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 4:44 PM
I haven't played Isla Paradiso in ages, so this might just be a problem with a setting of NRAAS traffic. I set a short winter but it's very cold and I see so many sims traveling by swimming and then end up as popsicles at the beach. NRAAS Traffic is set for them to take a taxi if they don't have a vehicle. What am I missing? Why do they insist on swimming to get wherever they think they need to go? Or is this just a case of enjoying it without a travel goal in mind regardless of the cold?
Mad Poster
#9479 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 6:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
I haven't played Isla Paradiso in ages, so this might just be a problem with a setting of NRAAS traffic. I set a short winter but it's very cold and I see so many sims traveling by swimming and then end up as popsicles at the beach. NRAAS Traffic is set for them to take a taxi if they don't have a vehicle. What am I missing? Why do they insist on swimming to get wherever they think they need to go? Or is this just a case of enjoying it without a travel goal in mind regardless of the cold?

If you use NRaas GoHere, check to see if you have disallowed boat routing for this world. It sounds like you have. Doing so makes a lot of sense for some worlds like Riverview, but not Isla Paradiso.

Note that this setting in GoHere was broken in prior versions years ago, but it has been fixed and does do what it says on the current ones.
Scholar
#9480 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 7:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
If you use NRaas GoHere, check to see if you have disallowed boat routing for this world. It sounds like you have. Doing so makes a lot of sense for some worlds like Riverview, but not Isla Paradiso.

Note that this setting in GoHere was broken in prior versions years ago, but it has been fixed and does do what it says on the current ones.

Of course! I always have that set as disallowed since I rarely play where that would be useful. Until now.

Thank you, @igazor, you saved many of my sims from ending up as popsicles or spending days swimming around between islands in Isla Paradiso.
Scholar
#9481 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 7:38 PM
Here’s my stupid question. Any advice for cheating easily and not getting caught? I’m playing a sim that wants 10 boy/girlfriends and every time he steps outside on a date, a love interest of his will drive all the way across town, hunt him down and find him. It’s as if “outside” is a single room and no matter how far away the sim is, they can see him cheating and come over to yell. He can’t have people over at his house because his roommate is a love interest who never leaves home. Hes stuck sneaking around hoping to catch his loves in their houses right now.
Scholar
#9482 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 8:17 PM
-buy a second home
-create a love hotel
-purchase the "above reproach" Lifetime Reward
-purchase "no jealousy" Lifetime Reward

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
#9483 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
-buy a second home
-create a love hotel
-purchase the "above reproach" Lifetime Reward
-purchase "no jealousy" Lifetime Reward

love hotel = Love Shack, baby, Love Shack (this song will be stuck in my head all day)
Lab Assistant
#9484 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 8:04 AM
Can you be a mummy and a mermaid at the same time?
Can you be a mummy and a vampire at the same time?
Can you be a vampire and a mermaid at the same time?
Scholar
#9485 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyboot
Can you be a mummy and a mermaid at the same time?
Can you be a mummy and a vampire at the same time?
Can you be a vampire and a mermaid at the same time?

With NRAAS hybrid, you can. If you want to make them in CAS, you need Mastercontroller.

https://www.nraas.net/community/Hybrid-Interactions
Not sure if every mix is possible, though.
Mad Poster
#9486 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 10:42 PM
To expand on the above a bit, if I may. Under EA Standard (no mods) and not counting Aliens, who get special handling, a sim may have more than one occult state at a time but only one can be dominant and the rest go into remission. With NRaas Hybrid in play, multiple occult states that are present all give their impact at the same time so there is no remission. Not so sure that Mummies mix well with the others, though. I've never attempted to play a Mummy hybrid before but some of the others mix really well.
Mad Poster
#9487 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Not so sure that Mummies mix well with the others, though. I've never attempted to play a Mummy hybrid before but some of the others mix really well.

But the question is, how do you get a Mummy hybrid. I've been trying to breed my sims to mummies for years. Just can't get pregnant.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#9488 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
But the question is, how do you get a Mummy hybrid. I've been trying to breed my sims to mummies for years. Just can't get pregnant.

I don't know how without it taking thousands of years to get a Mommy and Daddy Mummy to...okay this is starting to sound like gibberish, even more than my usual posts I mean. How about adding the occult state with MasterController? (MC Cheats module required) And then of course there's MC's Pollinate and Instant Babies if one wants to go through genetics by those routes.
Mad Poster
#9489 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 12:58 AM
Quote:
How about adding the occult state with MasterController? (MC Cheats module required) And then of course there's MC's Pollinate and Instant Babies if one wants to go through genetics by those routes.

awee man... there is no natural way to do this? I could never get the pollinate to work, does it require me to control the active household until we get that pregnant morph? Because I switch households a lot in the past. I double check MC and it says the female is pregnant, but then I switch household and later come back the pregnancy is negative.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#9490 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 1:13 AM
Looking at the downloads, I see a distinct lack of houseboats on MTS... is there any particular reason for this? It's what I'm having the most fun with as I'm starting out in the game, and at least at this point seems like a likely prospect for being the first type I'll want to create and upload content for other TS3 players...

With TS2 I noticed a similar lack of skyscrapers and had fun making them, so most of my early uploads were skyscrapers, and I was lucky enough that there did turn out to be a lot of interest in them, but I don't think I know enough yet to make that same kind of judgement for TS3, so what's the deal with houseboat uploads?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#9491 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 1:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
awee man... there is no natural way to do this? I could never get the pollinate to work, does it require me to control the active household until we get that pregnant morph? Because I switch households a lot in the past. I double check MC and it says the female is pregnant, but then I switch household and later come back the pregnancy is negative.

You're using NRaas StoryProgression? If your pregnant Mommy Mummy is an elder, SP is probably terminating the pregnancy once it is noticed as by default elder females are infertile. Or it could be something else SP/occult related, maybe check with other players at NRaas?
Mad Poster
#9492 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 2:28 AM
Quote:
You're using NRaas StoryProgression? If your pregnant Mommy Mummy is an elder, SP is probably terminating the pregnancy once it is noticed as by default elder females are infertile. Or it could be something else SP/occult related, maybe check with other players at NRaas?

No they're not elders. I use partner pollinate and also the regular pollinate. Then I use MC to check the status of the sim and it says it is pregnant. But I don't play it long enough to get the morph and the pregnancy moodlet b/c well... I was breeding sims, so I just switch to another house and another and another, repeating the process. Then I realize after I have done it like 10-15 times, all the ones I pollinated earlier were cancelled or something. That's why I'm wondering whether I needed to wait until they actually get the pregnant moodlet and switch to pregnancy clothes b/c I remember they worked before back when I was just playing 1 household.

It's not a big deal, I just use instant baby now.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Instructor
#9493 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Looking at the downloads, I see a distinct lack of houseboats on MTS... is there any particular reason for this? It's what I'm having the most fun with as I'm starting out in the game, and at least at this point seems like a likely prospect for being the first type I'll want to create and upload content for other TS3 players...

With TS2 I noticed a similar lack of skyscrapers and had fun making them, so most of my early uploads were skyscrapers, and I was lucky enough that there did turn out to be a lot of interest in them, but I don't think I know enough yet to make that same kind of judgement for TS3, so what's the deal with houseboat uploads?

The main reasons for this are, imho, partly because Island Paradise is not one of the popular EPs, it has (rightfully or not) a bad reputation of "laggy", "makes the game lag", so many players didn't buy it. And partly because even if players have it, there's not many worlds (EA or custom) where you can use houseboats (and Ports). Either the sea shores are not suitable, or if you can build a Port, it doesn't mean necessarily you have enough room for undocking and docking. So playing with houseboats are very limited geographically if you don't want to play in Isla Paradiso but in other worlds.

Also, if you build them, you must pay attention to the routing. In my game, I have bad experiences with sims who live in the houseboat not finding the entrance to the lot. One day they can easily leave the houseboat for work and come home after that, but other days they signal routing failures and can't find the point where they can enter the boat lot. It's certainly an EA design issue. So even if I would love to play in houseboats more, I have a bit of bitter taste in my mouth when I think about them, it can be a struggle when it comes to everyday routing.
Scholar
#9494 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 4:17 PM
I'm a bit mystified. I discovered an island on IP and now I own it. I built a little shack with everything a sim needs. I want my sim to be a landlord. How do I do this? I have pjsutton's Apartment and Roomate fix but I still don't understand how I make someone move in there and pay me rent.
I keep getting these messages that amount to 0 simoleons my non-existent renter pays me.

Can someone walk me through it? Most of NRAAS with add-on modules are in place. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#9495 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 4:14 PM
Is there any way to tell what breed an in-game animal (specifically, horse) is?
Alchemist
#9496 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 8:58 AM
Are there proper Pets spawners in Lunar Lakes?

what does his name even mean?
Scholar
#9497 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 5:39 PM
Does anyone know what this item is? It seems to be 'stuck' in my CAS. It has a male and female version, and I see it in Everyday, Sleepwear, and Athletic, apparently. I initially thought it was something that came with Roaring Heights because I think it started appearing after I installed that world.

But, on the one hand, I deleted majority of items from there (except for the Toddler outfit and the Classical Fixer-Upper Car). And, on the other hand, it doesn't have a store item image, but that of CC items. I have deleted all my CC clothes before, but this thing is, well, back. It's not causing any problems, from what I know, I just find it a bit baffling that it's there and not leaving.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#9498 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 5:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
Does anyone know what this item is? It seems to be 'stuck' in my CAS. It has a male and female version, and I see it in Everyday, Sleepwear, and Athletic, apparently. I initially thought it was something that came with Roaring Heights because I think it started appearing after I installed that world.

But, on the one hand, I deleted majority of items from there (except for the Toddler outfit and the Classical Fixer-Upper Car). And, on the other hand, it doesn't have a store item image, but that of CC items. I have deleted all my CC clothes before, but this thing is, well, back. It's not causing any problems, from what I know, I just find it a bit baffling that it's there and not leaving.

Downlod CCMagic and delete it!

what does his name even mean?
Instructor
#9499 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 8:38 PM Last edited by marydehoyos : 25th Apr 2022 at 8:55 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto

Do you have any CC Sims installed? It's probably CC attached to a Sim or do you have your CC merged and it's in a merged package?
The original is from the Stones Throw Greenhouse - Layered Coat - The Road Not Taken. The one from the store has a necklace
Scholar
#9500 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 11:56 AM
I was gonna say yes, I have saved sims, but no, I recently made a fresh load of the Sims 3 Folder. I do have a hairstyle packaged for all ages... I'll try the CC Magic thing. It seems to be some lilka clothes? Which I don't think appeared in my CAS... but the item is still there.
Page 380 of 385