Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#9501 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
I know that if you dont install the sims 3 store content patch right when you are on patch 1.67, the sims 3 store stuff are not going to work correctly. But what does that really mean?

I am a bit worried that I might have done something wrong. My store stuff shows up and so forth, everything seems fine, but what if I have done something wrong with the sims 3 store content patch? IF I have done something wrong, what will then happen to my installed store stuff? The stuff will flash blue or...?

I am not a 100% expert but what I understand is:
If you have bought all of your content directly from the store and installed it through the launcher, the file "ccmerged.package" will be installed where you need it to be (the DCBackup folder). If that ever gets corrupted, what you will see mainly is that the accessories from sets will be missing, your sim won't get the moodlet that goes with the object, your sim will reset when using the object, or something like that. Not to worry- there are places online you can get a copy of that file if it does get corrupted.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#9502 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 11:27 PM Last edited by Kylaaab : 20th Apr 2023 at 12:45 AM.
Anyone know if there's a way to set daytime/nighttime lights? Like, certain lights that turn on at night, and turn off during the day, and others that do the opposite (turn off at night, and turn on during the day)?

Edit: Partially solved this by changing the script of the "daytime lights" to the buydebug daylight 2x2 light, but still can't figure out how to have lights that only turn on at night.
Test Subject
#9503 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Is there a way or mod that lets sims to randomly switch between outfits within the same category? Like randomly chosing Everyday 1, 2 or 3 after showering?

NRAAS Dresser mod will do this, but you have to enable its "affect active" setting.
Forum Resident
#9504 Old 23rd Apr 2023 at 9:22 PM
Is there any way to write songs in the game? Even if it's with a mod?
Instructor
#9505 Old 27th Apr 2023 at 8:11 AM
Can I delete the custom recipe mods I downloaded from here if I don't want them anymore, or will it break my save if my sim learned some of them/has some books in his inventory/has some ingredients in his fridge? I would rather not start a new save
Theorist
#9506 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 2:42 PM

Say your game is a mess without saying your game is a mess.

How often do you go through your Library folder? Do you bother with your Library folder?

I started this because I wanted to figure out where my exported NRAAS mods settings went. I knew they went to the Library folder, but for whatever stupid reason, I didn't think they would be in gibberish.

It is going to be a really long weekend. I have more crap to go through than I thought...
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#9507 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 5:08 PM
The NRAAS settings are very small files, like 13 kb or so. Most other library files are at least over a 100kb.
Forum Resident
#9508 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 11:38 PM
Quote:
I didn't think they would be in gibberish.

Not too up on how EA does things, huh? As for making sense of library files, may I suggest a quiet weekend and a couple of bottles of vodka???

But, Nraas saved files are also in the edit town "Sims households" section. So, you can delete unwanted Nraas files from there as well. Fact is, I am going to be doing that myself, soon.

As for other things in library, it stores households (families and Sims), and lots you may have made and saved. Again, you may find it easier to delete those from edit town as you can see which family or house it is without opening the packages. Still, your 59 oddly named packages does seem preferable to the 218 I need to go thru!

I may need more than 2 bottles of vodka!!!
Screenshots
Scholar
#9509 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

I started this because I wanted to figure out where my exported NRAAS mods settings went. I knew they went to the Library folder, but for whatever stupid reason, I didn't think they would be in gibberish.

The settings that you export from Nraas are saved as "script error" files in the main Documents/Sims 3 folder. Just look at those, and change their names to something you'll recognize later.
Theorist
#9510 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 9:07 AM
Thanks for all the tips.

Not going to lie, yesterday was long and tiring, but I got the worst of it done. Most of what was in my current game were sims that I thought I'd use then never bothered with. I have lots that also need to go for the same reason. I don't use much cc these days so that wasn't a issue.

The bulk of the problem was how I keep things stored on my external drives. When I know I'm not going to be playing for awhile, I store the the current whole EA folder which is fine, but I don't label them so I don't have a clue what I was doing or when. It was just a pile of folders that needed to be gone through, including the Library folders plus any stuff that seemed like a good idea at the time. There were many gigs worth of the later.

Note to self: Don't be frickin' lazy; it's not worth it.
Scholar
#9511 Old 5th May 2023 at 7:01 AM
I am trying to find the hairstyle that a sim has after getting blown up by chemistry set or hit by lightning. My crazy inventor needs it. I still have an old sim that uses it as everyday hair dyed neon green But for some reason I can't find it in CAS. Is there some trick to make it appear in CAS? I doubt that it was CC anyway. Or maybe it is an NRAAS filter setting? Am I just blind?
Top Secret Researcher
#9512 Old 5th May 2023 at 11:15 AM Last edited by aisquared : 5th May 2023 at 12:19 PM.
yes, it's an NRaas MC filter setting ('show hidden parts' under CAS). Or by entering the cheat 'unlockoutfits on' ('testingcheatsenabled true' needed to activate first)..

also found this one, the hair in question unlocked in game..
https://modthesims.info/d/361693/si...-and-tf-ef.html

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Field Researcher
#9513 Old 5th May 2023 at 2:25 PM
I am trying to find the hairstyle that a sim has after getting blown up by chemistry set or hit by lightning.
This hairstyle may also be called 'the consequences of going to bed with wet hair'.

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Scholar
#9514 Old 9th May 2023 at 5:05 AM
I noticed that some objects can't be moved up and down the wall. Some wall lights for example, or service awards. Is there a way to do that using moveobjects or so? Or maybe a mod that lets you do this?
Forum Resident
#9515 Old 9th May 2023 at 2:43 PM
I noticed that some objects can't be moved up and down the wall. Some wall lights for example, or service awards. Is there a way to do that using moveobjects or so? Or maybe a mod that lets you do this?

I believe there is a setting that has to be turned on in either TSRW or perhaps S3PE to allow that.
Scholar
#9516 Old 10th May 2023 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I believe there is a setting that has to be turned on in either TSRW or perhaps S3PE to allow that.

I noticed that the lights that I can't move up/down are converted store objects. So, I am not even sure if they originally can when installed through launcher. The launcher is not working on linux either. So I am dependant on .package format atm. I have no luck running .NET apps yet. I am going to focus on getting S3PE to work then. It starts, but crashes when loading something.
Sims 3 is the only game I have difficulties with so far on linux. But it is mostly because of the launcher with its weird dependencies and 3rd party apps.
Forum Resident
#9517 Old 10th May 2023 at 2:53 PM
I noticed that the lights that I can't move up/down are converted store objects. So, I am not even sure if they originally can when installed through launcher. The launcher is not working on linux either. So I am dependant on .package format atm. I have no luck running .NET apps yet. I am going to focus on getting S3PE to work then. It starts, but crashes when loading something.
Sims 3 is the only game I have difficulties with so far on linux. But it is mostly because of the launcher with its weird dependencies and 3rd party apps.

Well, I have no experience with store items or linux OS.
Scholar
#9518 Old 11th May 2023 at 8:58 AM
Is there a way to disable townies to pick up the ghost hunter profession? Or maybe it needs to be disabled entirely for this, not sure. But I noticed that if you save when the Town Hall is haunted, reloading that save gives Mastercontroller or Overwatch a hissy fit of errors regarding the town hall. You also can't interact with the town hall if it is haunted. And I am also kind of tired hearing that music from miles away

Or is this a result of one of my sims being an ex-ghost hunter. And because he quit, some random townie filled the role?
Inventor
#9519 Old 11th May 2023 at 11:51 AM
Is there a way to disable townies to pick up the ghost hunter profession? Or maybe it needs to be disabled entirely for this, not sure. But I noticed that if you save when the Town Hall is haunted, reloading that save gives Mastercontroller or Overwatch a hissy fit of errors regarding the town hall. You also can't interact with the town hall if it is haunted. And I am also kind of tired hearing that music from miles away

Or is this a result of one of my sims being an ex-ghost hunter. And because he quit, some random townie filled the role?

With Story Progression from Nraas. I don't know if you need the careers module but I know you can disable careers by type. For me I use a combo of disabling careers and also with Returner by XML tuning by objects I do not allow urnstones in my world which then will not allow ghosts to generate.
Lab Assistant
#9520 Old 13th May 2023 at 11:49 AM
I noticed some oddity in Hidden springs. Ryan Anderson, has his surname spelled like Anderzon. Why is that? Is it because I have my game installed in swedish, or something else, somehing to be worried about....?
Forum Resident
#9521 Old 14th May 2023 at 2:56 AM
For some tweaks, it is really safe to change some things in the graphics rules? For example the Sim texture sizes beyond 2048 and texture memory from 32 to 2048. What are the short/long-term effects? Does anyone actually use those methods and it has gone well?

So here's how I killed my RTX 2070. My curiosity:
-Initially raised Sim textures sizes to 4096; no lag, stutter or freezing but this...which usually happens if I've been playing a long time but in the case below if I as much as move the camera enough.

-The tutorial said if that happens to set the texture memory from 32 to 2048. That did nothing and for some odd reason I think why not try 4096 and that did nothing except make my gpu go haywire sounding like a jet taking off, and then automatic restart of the whole system because I guess the gpu went into overheating and "shut down" and/or the motherboard's feature detected an anomaly in surge of power and "shut down". Then that just kept happening whenever I tried again. Bad move and even further damage but I'm sure I already broke something the first time anyway.

It's so funny because I was fine the way the graphics looked so why would I think to go beyond NVidia Control Panel to do more when that was working for me. I got greedy and greed has consequences or maybe it's just sometimes annoyance of getting fixated on something and why oh why did I have to hyperfocus on that instead of grabbing a book to read...you know about computers and settings and stuff. I'm so disappointed in myself.

But whatever I live and I learn. All happy still and dancing this morning like I didn't just break my gpu and no longer can play any games. 🤣
Time to revisit my other hobbies.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Scholar
#9522 Old 25th May 2023 at 2:51 AM
So I tried to disable the Ghost Hunter Career and thought I managed to do this, but haunted lots still pop up. And Master Controller shows 2 sims as Ghost Hunter.

This is what I did before to disable Ghost Hunter :
NRAAS>SP>Town Options>Career>Disallow>Ghost Hunter
Which I thought should be sufficient, but to be sure I also added :
NRAAS>SP>Caste>Adults>Career>Disallow>Ghost Hunter
Did last one also for Teens, Young Adults, Elders and Homeless.

But the game still assigns sims to the career so I can't get rid of that incredibly annoying looping music that carries over way too far :p

So my question is, should these options do the trick and is my game simply bugged? Or are there other options left where I need to disable Ghost Hunter? Also, is it possible that it is a glitch because I had an active retired Ghost Hunter?
Scholar
#9523 Old 29th May 2023 at 5:08 AM
Is there a way to improve lighting in the game?
Things like rugs look bad when placed. They all look darker than on the preview. Also, curtains when placed, don't just block light from outside the window, but also somehow lights in the room. The walls to each side of the curtains become darker.
Top Secret Researcher
#9524 Old 29th May 2023 at 3:04 PM
Is there a way to improve lighting in the game?
Things like rugs look bad when placed. They all look darker than on the preview. Also, curtains when placed, don't just block light from outside the window, but also somehow lights in the room. The walls to each side of the curtains become darker.

This one deals with the actual lights but in its thread some people also mention different mods for lighting.

https://modthesims.info/d/653514/re...-ea-lights.html

Have you tried using the invisible lights in the Buydebug section?
Scholar
#9525 Old 29th May 2023 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
This one deals with the actual lights but in its thread some people also mention different mods for lighting.

https://modthesims.info/d/653514/re...-ea-lights.html

Have you tried using the invisible lights in the Buydebug section?

Yeah, I used them before, but they don't really fix those weird shades next to curtains. Unless I place them next to each curtain ofc. But I rather use a global lighting mod that might fix those kind of issues. Thanks though
Page 381 of 385